burpees

we finished in 29 mins. Each person did each part sequentially. Ugh

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Circuits all week. Thursday's broke me: step up with medicine ball (30lb.), crawl out and battle ropes, 30 seconds each, 30 times around.

I feel like I am made out of metal. Off to yoga in an hour and do I need it.

Today: yoga and a long hike. Oil can, oil can.

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    Kilograms??? Are you in Canada?

that's a lot of weight. You just made me feel weak and girlie :xmad:

I took a year off CF and worked out at an Olympic Lifting Gym called LiftLabs Downtown Indy. They only work in Kg's. It sticks to you after a while....I mean how much could 100kg actually weigh right? :)

Today is my rest day, back at it tomorrow.

Cleans with probably atlas stone lifts between sets to build up back muscles. Followed by Split jerks off the blocks then front and back squats to max.

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    Felt pretty stiff this morning rolling out of bed which is pretty common after a rest day for some reason. I spent about 45 minutes stretching before I started lifting, normally about 2-3 minutes on the rower and 5 or so minutes stretching out my hips and glutes before I hit it.

Started at 135 on the cleans, first from the floor, 3 from the knee with the 5th one from the knee but into a full squat clean. Then 10 50# slam balls between set to get the sweat rollin
    155x5
    175x5
    185x5
    205 2 power cleans from the floor and the 3rd a full squat clean from the floor.
    225 3 full Squat cleans
    230 (my pr) I did 5 singles. I then put on 2 lbs to hit a PR and lose my mind, I cant make myself get under the bar. I was not happy to say the least. I put 250 on the bar and did Clean pulls from the ground for 3 sets of 3.

Split Jerk from the blocks, worked up to 220 but couldnt stick it. I would have to look at my notes but I believe around 210ish was my PR

Front squat
    135 x 5
    185 x 5
    205 x 5
    225 x 5
    245 x 2
    255 x 1, failed the 2nd one

Back Squat
    5 x 225
    5 x 245
    5 x 255
    3 x 275
    2x 285
    1 x 290 (PR)
    1x 295 failed.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Last week was "let's kill my legs" week apparently.

4x400m all out sprints Monday
    800m forward run, 400m backwards run, 800m forward run for time Wednesday & Thursday (re-do on Thursday, wasn't happy with my first time)
    40-30-20 overhead barbell lunges w/ 95lbs and weighted sit-ups on Friday - this sucked.
    And more running, snatches, and heavy thrusters and deadlifts in the monster mash on Saturday.

Plus, because it was a nice day yesterday, 50 tire flips with jump through.

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    Typical Snatch, spit jerk, front and back squat today with a 30 lb wall ball for 5 reps at a 10' line between sets. After I finished another guy that is there lifting when I am was doing overhead Squats so I joined in with him since I havent done them in a while. Ended up at 205lbs on singles. Dumped 215 and was too wiped out to try again. Pretty happy with that. I had to do behind the neck split jerks to get it overhead.

Anyone use a prework out? I only drink water and milk so I usually grab a coffee on the way to the gym, seems it gives me the extra boost that i need for Da quickness.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Typical Snatch, spit jerk, front and back squat today with a 30 lb wall ball for 5 reps at a 10' line between sets. After I finished another guy that is there lifting when I am was doing overhead Squats so I joined in with him since I havent done them in a while. Ended up at 205lbs on singles. Dumped 215 and was too wiped out to try again. Pretty happy with that. I had to do behind the neck split jerks to get it overhead.

Anyone use a prework out? I only drink water and milk so I usually grab a coffee on the way to the gym, seems it gives me the extra boost that i need for Da quickness.

I rotate on and off my preworkouts and I am about to start drinking it again. I've used Evogen EVP in the past and I liked it. This time I'm going with the Plus for the caffeine. For me, I notice a big difference for a couple months in my lifts, then it seems to stop.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    I finally started dieting, was trying to bring mass up to 250 lbs on a 6 ft medium frame. Got up to 242 eating pretty clean still. Started dieting, doing macros on 2200 cal a day and my lifts are still staying where they are, able to increase my 1rm. Down to 235.5 after 2 weeks.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Only pre-workout I've ever used is coffee, and that's only been on Saturday or Sunday mornings if I'm feeling really tired. I've seen too many friends get jittery on pre-workout. I workout later in the evening during the week, and don't want to get too jacked and sleep worse than I already do.

Got crushed on Monday by overhead kettlebell carries in my Endurance workout. :( If you think you're strong and stable overhead, put a couple of those overhead with locked out arms and go for a 100 meter walk. Heck of a lot harder than I thought.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Some squatter was parked in my reserved space this morning. I had to walk all the way from across the lot!

LOL

I've been slacking and need to run tonight.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    poids07a.gif

Doing the plank is boring, that is all.

I tried to do hanging windshield wipers instead but it's way more challenging.I still managed to do a few. :faint:
    Anyone else do those?

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    poids07a.gif

Doing the plank is boring, that is all.

I tried to do hanging windshield wipers instead but it's way more challenging.I still managed to do a few. :faint:
    Anyone else do those?
    I've done windshield wipers on my back, holding a 115# barbell over my chest. Those are fun. Never hanging though. And yeah, planks are boring. :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've done windshield wipers on my back, holding a 115# barbell over my chest. Those are fun. Never hanging though. And yeah, planks are boring. :D

I started timing the plank to make it somewhat less boring and see if I could beat my own record.

I can hold it for 2 minutes and 34 seconds so far.

Top Bottom