• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yoga was cancelled today. Hippies are cool as yoga instructors but they don't have a well-developed sense of order like lunatic right-wing gun nuts. Be advised.

Worked out at home gym/kwoon today. Wing Chun-centric workout. Stretch, hands and forearms, footwork (so exciting), then a circuit five times around: mook, crickets, pushups, heavy bag, and step up.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Props to you for being able to work out at home. I have the stuff and don't use it :(

our group work today was teams of man/woman

50 toes to bar hanging on the rack
    50 hang cleans
    400m overhead plate carry 45#/25#
    50 hang cleans
    50 toes to bar

each partner would do five movements and then hang or hold the bar while partner did 5. If you drop the other person has to drop and rest too. Really destroyed my grip for a while.

after that it was a 400m farmer carry. I used two 30# barbells. I had to rest three times which meant I owed 15 burpees at the end ��

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    For he haters. Turkey bacon and a turkey sausage egg and cheese muffin.

Also, for the fourth week in a row I did not die during BJJ warmups.

My wife missed class last night due to work, so now I have to catch her up on the submissions we learned. :naughty:

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    I got that part, but you said several PRs but not any new PRs

Do you mean PR'd back squat again but didn't try for something's you didnMt have an established max for?

I mean that I worked up to my one rep maxes then either quit at that weight of failed trying to do more. Hopefully thats clear as mud.

Off today and Tomorrow for mothers day, back at it Monday.

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    Props to you for being able to work out at home. I have the stuff and don't use it :(

50 hang cleans
    50 hang cleans
    50 toes to bar

each partner would do five movements and then hang or hold the bar while partner did 5. If you drop the other person has to drop and rest too. Really destroyed my grip for a while.

after that it was a 400m farmer carry. I used two 30# barbells. I had to rest three times which meant I owed 15 burpees at the end ��

What Cf place do you work out at?

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I'll be doing Murph on the 30th, looking forward to it. Took me just under an hour last year, hoping to knock a good chunk off that this year. No vest for me though, still not strong enough. :( Been doing Cindy variations (5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 air squats, which is how I'll break my reps up for Murph) as part of longer workouts the last few Saturdays and I can already tell the push-ups are gonna kill me.

This Saturday's fun (5min rest between each AMRAP):
    9min AMRAP, 135 lbs
    12 deadlift
    9 hang squat clean
    6 shoulder-to-overhead10min AMRAP
    5 tire flips w/ jump through
    10 Overhead Lunge, 95 lbs
    15 V-ups
    12 min AMRAP
    200m run
    5 pull-ups
    10 push-ups
    15 air squats
    *each round add another set of 5-10-15

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    Went in at 9am this morning and worked out until for 2.5 hours. Last lifts were front and back squats with a 100# slam ball over the shoulder for 5 reps between the squat sets. I then went to work, ate a bunch of food and went back at 6pm and lifted for 1.5 hours. Going back tomorrow am. Interested to see how I feel in the morning.

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    That did not go as planned. I woke up sore (the good kind where you know you did some work the day before) and went in at 8am. My goal was to work on form doing singles on snatches and clean and jerks up to failure. I could only get up to around 90%, felt sluggish and weak, weights felt real heavy. I was pretty disappinted so I went ahead and did the 9am CF class.

Pull up program, strict pull ups
    5 regular grip 5 ring dips
    5 mixed grip and 5 rind dips
    5 close grip and 5 ring dips
    5 chin ups and 5 ring dips
    repeat.

Then 4 rounds with a 10 min cap of
    28 air squats
    15 power cleans at 115

finished in 7:05

Tomorrow Im back at Liftlabs to clean up my form on my Snatch and Clean and jerks.

Thursday with be light if not a rest day. Friday will be light, working on form. Saturday I have a Olympic Lift meet.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My calves cramped up today when I started my mini Murph run. That has not happened to me at all since starting to work out six months ago. I had left my knee sleeves in place for the run, I wonder if that caused a problem.

My dad did the intro to CrossFit class today.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    My calves cramped up today when I started my mini Murph run. That has not happened to me at all since starting to work out six months ago. I had left my knee sleeves in place for the run, I wonder if that caused a problem.

My dad did the intro to CrossFit class today.
    I wear knee sleeves all the time and never have an issue because of them. Make sure you're rolling your calves out with a roller or lacrosse ball, that has helped me tremendously.

Kudos to your dad for taking the leap!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Another fantastic leg workout at Methodist Sports Medicine today. 90 minutes of torture. I am spent but feel great!

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage

50 hang cleans
    50 hang cleans
    50 toes to bar

Sometimes it's good to have other folks around for motivation and such. Hey, at lest you are making the effort. Last father's day my sons got me a set of resistance bands. They were not the real expensive ones but did the trick for a newbie. They are fantastic, and can work out any part of your body. I was going along pretty well then injured my inner elbow, medial epiconcylitis. How about that for a non medical guy. Basically had to rest and rehab the elbow. No putting stress on it all till there was no pain working out. It took about 4 months and I will tell you it sucked to stop using the bands for arm exercises. Now I am back in it and taking my time and going at it a bit smarter. I invested is a set of Bodylastics bands and so far I am impressed with the quality. Keep on keeping on!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    did you ask turn to good d on top of the weight stack since it wasn't heavy enough last time? :):

Yes! LOL But what I ended up doing was move the foot rest closer. That made a huge difference in how hard that 3rd set of 220lbs was! It wasn't butt on the floor but well past horizontal. :):

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Today I felt like I really brought it.

Warm-up was decently hard, then we did sumo deadlifts high pull working up in weight.

The workout of the day was
    5-10-15-20-25
    Sumo deadlifts high pull
    Lateral jump over bar
    10 wall facing handstand shoulder touches ( just 10 every round )

Then we did floor press five sets of two increasing weight. Then I did a PR 225 pounds.
    Then it was three reps of 70% max floor press, every 30 seconds for six minutes.

Then I did the Mini-Murph.
    800 m run
    50 ring rows
    100 push-ups
    150 squats
    800 m run

then I ripped my shirt off

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Went mountain biking at Nebo Ridge today. It's a secluded trail in Brown County.

56B0A01F-856C-4957-B951-1CDD2984C2B3_zpshpfhsfqs.jpg

Top Bottom