• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    16.2 kicked my butt as well, but I was able to get where I wanted. I got to the cleans at 185# and hit one rep. That's a squat clean PR for me, and after all that work I'm super happy with it. I should have had 2 or 3 but wasted too much time on the toe to bar. Man I really need to work on those.

Any of you guys do muscle ups?

Muscle_Up.png

I can't do it with the pull up bar setup I have.
    I guess you need a gym with a high ceiling or do it outside in a park. :dunno:
    I just managed to get my first bar muscle up a few weeks ago, and they are fun! I'm one of those lightweights. :D Next goal: getting a muscle up on the rings!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    OK, down 6 lb, using a walking desk for at least 2 miles a day at 1 mph. Calorie count goal is 1500 a day but I have been eating three meals a day and have a hard time even getting to 1500 calories. Need to remember to take my vitamins. Started running, plan is 3 times a week starting at 2 miles.

Bought a Fitbit Charge HR mainly to count steps and record heart rate, mainly interested in my resting heart rate. A low resting heart rate is an indication your heart is not working hard. The average is between 60 to 80 bpm. Mine today is 59. I noticed something interesting. If I drink alcohol, my resting heart rate jumps up as high as 66 bpm overnight. After a couple of days it returns to it's low. Hoping to get it lower with exercise.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I've had good results with programs from certain sites and programs from them. The 2 of my favorites, depending on what I'm doing, are t-nation.com and jimstoppani.com

jimstoppani does cost money, but he delivers nutrition and supplement plans with recipe's, along with programs which, if you follow, you will see results. If you're looking for strength training I highly recommend t-nation and some of their programs. Not all of their workouts are consisted of the conventional lifts, but I've always had great results from following their Beyond 5/3/1 method. They also have programs for fat loss, but none of their programs are for beginners.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Bought a Fitbit Charge HR mainly to count steps and record heart rate, mainly interested in my resting heart rate. A low resting heart rate is an indication your heart is not working hard. The average is between 60 to 80 bpm. Mine today is 59. I noticed something interesting. If I drink alcohol, my resting heart rate jumps up as high as 66 bpm overnight. After a couple of days it returns to it's low. Hoping to get it lower with exercise.

Ive been using the Fitbit Charge HR since mid-June last year. Seems like a fairly useful device. I also liek the HR info as well as the steps. But I dont really know how ot interpret the HR data. My resting HR seems to usually be in the mid to upper 60's. Not really sure why but some times it will move up into the lower 70's over the course of a week and sometimes into the lower 60's.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think the heart rate mainly helps tell you when you're in the aerobic zones during exercise. It might be need to track your resting heart rate as it gets slower as your heart gets more fit.
    Today's workout was a grind. We did sets of hanging snatch and overhead squats. First it was 10 hang snatch, then one overhead squat. Run 50 m, then do nine hang snatch and two overhead squat and continue progression until reversed what you started at. It took me 25 minutes doing lightweight. Felt like a boss though.

I am hosting a 16.3 reveal tonight. If anyone is in the Greenwood area and wants to come, message me.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ive been using the Fitbit Charge HR since mid-June last year. Seems like a fairly useful device. I also liek the HR info as well as the steps. But I dont really know how ot interpret the HR data. My resting HR seems to usually be in the mid to upper 60's. Not really sure why but some times it will move up into the lower 70's over the course of a week and sometimes into the lower 60's.

Resting heart rate shows how hard your heart is actually working and is a base for your heart range. You are in the normal range for resting HR. Mine is elevated from when I was younger but is below 60. If I drink alcohol it rises and someone told me that is probably because of dehydration. When I run, I now keep it between 125 and 145 and according to some opinions even 145 is too high for me at my age but hey. If it gets up to 145 I walk until it gets back down around 125. I don't go for distance but am working to see if I can run longer and still keep it within that range. I run 2 miles at a minimum but have just started again.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    3rd Open workout in the books. Did it Saturday morning, and man it took forever to get my muscle-ups back. Only managed to get 23 reps, about a round and a half. I guess 3 weeks is too long to not practice that particular skill! Re-did it yesterday afternoon and got 51 reps, so I'm pretty happy with that.

The workout was 7 minutes, as many repetitions (reps) as possible of:
    10 snatches at 75 lbs
    3 bar muscle-ups

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    3rd Open workout in the books. Did it Saturday morning, and man it took forever to get my muscle-ups back. Only managed to get 23 reps, about a round and a half. I guess 3 weeks is too long to not practice that particular skill! Re-did it yesterday afternoon and got 51 reps, so I'm pretty happy with that.

The workout was 7 minutes, as many repetitions (reps) as possible of:
    10 snatches at 75 lbs
    3 bar muscle-ups
    Good job.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hey, what's everybody's goals? Mine personally, is to rock the 300 Spartan costume.... leather panties and all.

To be alive. I don't work out to look like Mr. Butler anymore, I work out to live.:D

I got a scary BP number when I had my voice box infection in January and my goal is to keep both the Notre and the Dame at an optimal level.

Ditching salt (never a sugar guy, always a salt vice) and cutting back on the craft beer. Only had 2 last weekend (oh, they were so so good).

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    :drool: I can't wait for hill work. The first one of the year is brutal. Just absolute masochism.

Sunday was the first hill run. Nothing fancy, just 45 minutes up and down the hill.

Did not cover self in glory, but did not quit either.

Tonight is heavy bag and martial arts.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I Have this vertical line bisecting my ab now. I noticed it a few weeks Ago and seems to be getting bigger. I also seem to be losing weight. . Should I see a doctor?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    4 exercises, 100 sets for 30 seconds a pop, 50 minutes all together.

Ropes, ab wheel, bag burpee and medicine ball drop.

Did not quit, but did not set world on fire, well, I set my lungs on fire.

Tomorrow a centipede walk or a mystery run (although the last MR was just up and down the hill).

Top Bottom