• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Not bad, ours is $130/mo, but the second person in the family is only $80. It's def more than a standard gym but you're getting direct instruction from a trainer with every workout. I have never had results like this with anything I've done before. I've also gone to gyms on my own and did half-effort workouts and just never really knew what regimens to do. CrossFit is a whole body workout, very motivational since others are doing the workout with others, and supervised with trainers the whole time.

If you go to LA fitness and have two 30-minute training sessions a month with a trainer it's probably the same cost.

I wasn't aware of the direct instruction. I may have to go visit the Brownsburg Crossfit and check it out.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Today It was me and one other person, she happens to be younger, 5'1" and a former gymnast. Also a PA who works with me in the ER. She absolutely destroyed me and did nearly as much weight on the sumo high pulls. So the trainer was just working with me and her.

Workout portion was:

12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 reps of:
    hand-release pushups (lift hands while stomach on ground between each)
    sumo high pulls (I did 75#, she did 65#)
    box jumps (we each used 20" height)

Took her 9:45, took me 14:10. Absolutely miserable but felt great to have finished. No way I would have done 70+ hard pushups today or pushed myself that hard. If I can just work in a few mile run several times a week I'll be GTG

Alphamale

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If you go to LA fitness and have two 30-minute training sessions a month with a trainer it's probably the same cost.

I go to LAF and I'm familiar with their training/trainers. Its not really worth it for a non beginner. Its a money grab but novices will still learn some valuable stuff.

For anyone who knows what they're doing, LAF's are a great option. Excellent facilities and equipment plus a decent price.

One thing about Crossfit - sure its a great workout, but those people are uber motivated folks. Its got to be an excellent environment to push yourself.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    to be fair, I am completely unmotivated. I need the people there to motivate me. Many days I don't want to go and don't want to exercise but I know if I show up I'll do it. That's what I get from crossfit that I don't from a normal gym. Just me though.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    to be fair, I am completely unmotivated. I need the people there to motivate me. Many days I don't want to go and don't want to exercise but I know if I show up I'll do it. That's what I get from crossfit that I don't from a normal gym. Just me though.

It would be nice to have motivation like that. My home gym is in the garage, which is also my wood shop. There have been a couple of times when I started my workout, I cut it short and start playing on my lathe.

Last night, I was all pumped to work out. But as soon as I grabbed my kettle bell to start my warmup, eh, I just didn't feel it anymore. So I spent the rest of the evening on the lathe.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I go to a gym. They offer "Extreme Fitness Class" Mon, Wed, Sat that is compared to the "Boot Camp" style classes. That has really helped my motivation. On the off days I still go to the gym but just do my own thing. Sometimes stuff we do in class, sometimes not. Just depends on my mood really.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    16.2 workout kicked my butt. I did scaled knees to chest and started with 95# squat cleans. Round two at 115# ended me

i didn't want to go today but my son wanted to do the kids workout so we went. My wife did awesome at hers

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    16.2 workout kicked my butt. I did scaled knees to chest and started with 95# squat cleans. Round two at 115# ended me

i didn't want to go today but my son wanted to do the kids workout so we went. My wife did awesome at hers

It's Saturday! Couch potatoes take the day off (again). Those in BEASTMODE hit the gym! Just do 30 minutes on the treadmill. You'll be glad you did afterwards.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    FINALLY got to get back in to the gym and get back to a regular attendance after all the goings on kept getting in the way. Felt great!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hey, what's everybody's goals? Mine personally, is to rock the 300 Spartan costume.... leather panties and all.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

I didn't get to the cleans......ugh. My toes to bar are slow and for some unknown reason my double unders were horrible. Workout ended in 4 minutes. So I moved on to my lifting portion of my workout, it was 5x5 bench presses, then ended the workout with 10 kettlebell swing on the minute for 10 minutes at 124lbs. LOVE heavy KB swings.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    There are days that all I want to do after getting off shift is to veg out in front of the TV, stressed out. My wife drags me to our CrossFit gym and I get my butt handed to me with the workout. I leave feeling refreshed, renewed, all the stress left me. It's my therapy.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Any of you guys do muscle ups?

Muscle_Up.png

I can't do it with the pull up bar setup I have.
    I guess you need a gym with a high ceiling or do it outside in a park. :dunno:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Going out on the trike today for a 50 mile loop. This nice weather helped me get started early on my riding. Have lost 19 lbs since the first of the year. Only 51 more to go...

Top Bottom