• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just started a new job, am trying to get used to driving in traffic after 3 years of virtually no traffic, am selling my house and trying to figure out how I can buy a house here when the prices are so much higher. My wife and I are living in a small apartment and I am dealing with her having to leave our home of 16 years and all the friends, job and familiarity.

That, and you went to the dentist. Probably not the best place to take your blood pressure.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That, and you went to the dentist. Probably not the best place to take your blood pressure.

Lol. I really hope its just the stress. I have always had normal to slightly low BP, resting HR in the 40's. I tried to stop by a couple places on my way home from work to check it again, but struck out.

They also used a wrist checker and the hygienist took two tries to get it.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Lol. I really hope its just the stress. I have always had normal to slightly low BP, resting HR in the 40's. I tried to stop by a couple places on my way home from work to check it again, but struck out.

They also used a wrist checker and the hygienist took two tries to get it.

My BP really shot up but I think it was because I had been inactive and got fat. I am not going to worry about it until I lose the weight I want to lose and then check it. My current resting HR is 55 and it has been as low as the 40's when I was in shape.

They say to check at different times of the day and over a period of time to get a better idea of your BP because it can react differently during the day, That is my understanding and I could be wrong.

Well, I think I am going to up my calorie count a little.

Just did the figuring and have lost approximately 3.7 lbs a week which is too fast but I only have 29 lbs to go to get to 200.

DanSwanky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Springfield
    Last nights workout was static lunges with 185 on the squat bar for 5X5 each leg, deadlifts with 385 for 8X3, flat dumbbell bench press with the 100 lbers (they are the biggest my gym has and I can't use the straight bar because of my shoulder) for 5X5, and ending with a few accessory isolation exercises.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Okay, so today I stopped by the local FD and asked an EMT to check my BP. 114/70. He said that is why doctors and EMT's us the arm cuff type of checker vs. the wrist type.

I feel better now.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Okay, so today I stopped by the local FD and asked an EMT to check my BP. 114/70. He said that is why doctors and EMT's us the arm cuff type of checker vs. the wrist type.

I feel better now.

See there, you should check other times of he day also. Mine used to be 90/70. Hate to check.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That is pretty awesome. There is a rule of thumb that if your kid cannot do one pullup, they are too fat. I can do maybe five but I have not tried it since I lost the equivalent of 3 milk jugs of water.

Yeah the easiest way to do more pull ups is clearly to lose weight.
    I dont have any weight to lose so I just have to get stronger.
    Also it's amazing that the more pull ups you do the more you can do. :):
    I can also do them with a 15 pounds backpack but I can probably do just a dozen with the bag on. :dunno:

I started with only chin ups who are easier than pull ups though.

Oh and "3 milk jugs of water" is that heavier or lighter than 3 water jugs of milk??? :dunno:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeah the easiest way to do more pull ups is clearly to lose weight.
    I dont have any weight to lose so I just have to get stronger.
    Also it's amazing that the more pull ups you do the more you can do. :):
    I can also do them with a 15 pounds backpack but I can probably do just a dozen with the bag on. :dunno:

I started with only chin ups who are easier than pull ups though.

Oh and "3 milk jugs of water" is that heavier or lighter than 3 water jugs of milk??? :dunno:

LOL, my daughter joined the Marines some years back and did 100% on the physical training. They do pullups differently (holding it at the top which I find hard myself) but she could do the men's pullups with no problems so I told her, "It ain't a problem when you don't weigh nothin!"

If my memory serves me, a milk jug (gallon) of water weighs about 7 lbs. Don't know what milk weighs.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Looks like we're having a weight loss contest in work. Starts Monday, so a weekend of eating crap and then a change in diet and exercise on Monday

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Looks like we're having a weight loss contest in work. Starts Monday, so a weekend of eating crap and then a change in diet and exercise on Monday

Well, gotta tell ya that using MyFitnessPal works for losing weight if you are honest. It helps to have a kitchen scale to weight what you eat. I lost 50 lbs before using the PDA version before it went online and am using it successfully again now. I have lost 21 lbs to date and losing it a bit too fast at 3.5 lbs a week. The suggested rate is a max of 2 lbs a week so plan to up my daily calories a bit.

The nice thing about counting calories is that you can eat crap. The problem with eating crap is that crap is loaded with calories so if you want to eat at least three meals a day you will find that you will end up altering what you eat. By the time you lose what you want, you find that your diet has changed which helps keep it off. I even weight alcohol if I have a drink so I can catalog it.

You can, of course, reverse all of that as I did and gain it all back which took me 10 years to do but at least the formula works for me and I am losing it again. You can pick up a kitchen scale that will weight grams, oz, etc. for about 10 bucks now. A great investment.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    No need, Im just super skinny.

LOL, I should be too. My frame is skinny based on wrist circumference but my years of living good have put on the weight. At 6 ft out of HS I was 140. I grew 3 more inches after and my ideal weight was about 195 when I was 25 and fit. I got down to 195 when I was 49 and my GF told me to quit losing weight. I will try for around 200 and keep working out but I am old and working out means more aches and pains and more chances of injury and some that take a year to heal. For instance today, I had to drive for an hour an 1/2 and with the rain coming in, my right knee gave me fits. My dad said getting old stinks and I have to agree with him.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Weight loss contest has started in work, diet starting today and then introducing exercise later

Top Bottom