• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    My gym routine has been normal during the holiday weekend. Also I have been doing a lot of dragging tree branches around and chainsaw usage in the aftermath of the storm to counter the extra calories I am putting on with a few JD and diet cokes over my four day weekend. I have been holding 170 lbs and 16 to 17% body fat. I am finding it difficult to get my body fat into the lower teens. I don't want to go into a diet and cardio routine that I burn any muscle. Trying to walk the line where I burn fat while maintaining or building muscle is tough. I am 48. One thing that has helped my weight training is I have been on a one pump a day androgel T supplement, it helps my strength and muscle recovery after training .

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So did anybody else "fall off the wagon" this holiday weekend? With all the festivities I ate so much junk and haven't logged the miles I normally do, I feel like a beached whale on my couch right now. Monday's run is gonna suuuuuuuccccckkkkk......

Not due to the holidays but I am starting a new job on Tuesday, I have to sell my house, move and find a house. I have been working every possible minute to get my home show ready and driving back and forth from Lafayette to Bloomington to try to figure out where to look for my next home.

Next week I hope to find a place down in Bloomington where I can get a workout in depending on what my new job demands of me starting out.

ahighland

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Bloomington
    Not due to the holidays but I am starting a new job on Tuesday, I have to sell my house, move and find a house. I have been working every possible minute to get my home show ready and driving back and forth from Lafayette to Bloomington to try to figure out where to look for my next home.

Next week I hope to find a place down in Bloomington where I can get a workout in depending on what my new job demands of me starting out.

Check out the Iron Pit Gym on the south side of town.

Deathmagnetgt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    New Albany
    If anyone wants a Copy of Insanity I'm sure I can rip them to a cd. This it what kept me in shape while in the Army.....maybe I should start that back up :rolleyes:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    So did anybody else "fall off the wagon" this holiday weekend? With all the festivities I ate so much junk and haven't logged the miles I normally do, I feel like a beached whale on my couch right now. Monday's run is gonna suuuuuuuccccckkkkk......

Actually, I tried to fall back on the wagon this weekend. Took a new mid-year resolution to start out with this week. Pretty sore yesterday and today aas a result, but hoep to start gettign there again!

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Actually, I tried to fall back on the wagon this weekend. Took a new mid-year resolution to start out with this week. Pretty sore yesterday and today aas a result, but hoep to start gettign there again!

Good for you, just don't do too much too soon. Good luck.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Holidays didn't hurt too much. I think I gained 1lb. Total still stands at 70lbs lost since Oct. With only 15lbs to go hopefully I'll reach my goal by the end of the summer.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I went on a 33.5 mile bicycle ride the other day. I'm hoping to make it to 40 miles this weekend.
    Monday I ran 2 miles after the rain.
    Last night I lifted weights, was able to increase my deadlift max to 260lbs.

I'm getting better :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I went on a 33.5 mile bicycle ride the other day. I'm hoping to make it to 40 miles this weekend.
    Monday I ran 2 miles after the rain.
    Last night I lifted weights, was able to increase my deadlift max to 260lbs.

I'm getting better :D

:faint:

Slow down you're making all of us look bad. :):

My last bike ride was just 25 miles.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I haven't posted in here, but I weighed right at 250 when I decided to do something about it last month. I cut out all beef, pork, and mostly all sugar from my diet. I also started watching what I eat a little better. I've been doing something physical every day to work my muscles and cardio system. Well, as of this morning, I'm 229 pounds and I feed really good. I don't really have a goal, but I just want to get in shape, feel strong, and look healthy.

Im not not a good runner or bike rider, but I do it. I'm rucking this weekend to change it up a little and will continue T25.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Has anybody done a group night bike ride before? My city's park department hosted one last night that started at 10pm. It was roughly 13 miles, 16 miles counting my ride there and back. It was an awesome experience! There were probably 70+ participants, all with head and tail lights, and we basically took over the city. If anybody ever has an opportunity to do a night ride with a group I highly recommend going for it. That is all.

Last edited:

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Fell off the wagon again in a huge way, but finally got back on tonight and went for a half hour bike ride. Still gotta work on eating right though.

You can't change the past, you can only change what you do NOW. Don't dwell on "falling off the wagon" instead, just make sure you do something good today, don't worry about tomorrow or yesterday.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this was mentioned or not. Raw, cold pressed coconut oil is, high in medium chain fatty acids, like lauric acid, which is used by the body for metabolism. Eating coconut oil, or cooking with it, raises the bodies metabolism, helping many people to lose weight, it also lowers bad cholesterol while raising the good cholesterol. I've seen it work on 5 different people and experienced the effects for myself. While I'm not overweight, several in my family were until they tried coconut oil. My mom for example, lost over 50 lbs. in a few months. She used to complain about blowing up like a balloon when she ate, so she ate little. After using coconut oil, with changing diet, and getting little exercise she can now eat at least twice the amount of food and doesn't gain weight. In fact, her weight has been consistent for over a year now. Thought this might be of interest to some.

Sybaris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    If you get those late night cravings like I do, keep a pound or two of deli sliced turkey in your ice box. It's low calorie, no carbs, and fills the void.

Top Bottom