• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Well, at the NRA convention there was a solution I wish I would have looked at. It was mostly spandex that goes underneath your clothes. The idea would be it wouldn't be bouncing at all. I agree though, if it's going to be bouncing all around, I'll just go with a knife or two.

Really? Do you remember a brand name or link or anything? My biggest fear is dogs and id much prefer a gun to a knife hahaha

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Question for the runners in here... Do you carry while running? If so, how?

I've been primarily running inside, but will soon be running outdoors and was looking for active carry solutions.

Best thing I have found is the I.C.E. Crossbreed modular belly band holster.

I have one, and it does work. The only thing is that you have to tie your gym shorts in such a way where it presses against your gun, to stop it from bouncing.

I have ran with it a couple times. It works. But with the warmer temperature, I just clip my pocket knife to my running shorts.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have also thought about buying a set of aero bars to hook to my handlebars. I figure it would help to lower yourself more when riding into the wind.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Sadly I don't... I wish I did.

I almost bought one at the show. Had it on, but passed on it. I believe the company was called Pistol Wear. I remember they only had a couple models to fit all sizes of guns. I think that may have been why I decided against getting it.

In reality a neoprene holster that wraps around your waist with a velco belt doesn't really need to be gun specific, does it?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I've been slacking. I lost my legs. Was only able to ride my bike 16 miles on Sunday. I was hoping to run today, but it was pouring rain when I got home from work. So I ended up dead lifting. Only had the strength to dead lift 235lbs. I tried to swing some kettlebells afterwards, but I was too tired.

I'll do better tomorrow.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Ive been working on cutting sugar intake. Ive yet to get good guidelines on grams of sugar per day. My goal is to stay under 90 grams of sugar a day but dang its hard everythings got sugar in it.:dunno:

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Ive been working on cutting sugar intake. Ive yet to get good guidelines on grams of sugar per day. My goal is to stay under 90 grams of sugar a day but dang its hard everythings got sugar in it.:dunno:

Get your sugars from fresh fruit as much as possible.(Obviously some veggies have sugar content also) A whole Cup of blueberries for instance, is only 15 grams. Strawberries, only 7g. Plus the antioxidants and your body can actually obtain what it's made to absorb from live foods, rather than dead processed "food product". such as ** see below
    Also, several flavors of KIND bars are a good snack. Good fats, low sugar. Dark chocolate Chili Almond is my fave.
    Making sure you are staying away from refined, processed,..... sugars is as, if not more important than
    grams p/day.

country-delight-american-pasteurized-90590.jpg
    :lmfao:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, at work we get a break on what we pay monthly for insurance for 2015 if we do any one of a number of 'wellness' activities. I picked exercise and am about 1/2 way through. I just figured out that the break pays for my gym membership. Kind of a a symbiotic relationship.

Still working on Stronglifts 5x5. I like the program. Not very high in weights yet but the program backs you off something like 10% in weight if you don't hit your target. I did it before but it is easier this time because there is an app that does the recording and weight increase for you.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Ran a mile in 9 minutes 5 seconds. I'm getting a little faster!
    Afterwards, I lifted and swung the kettlebells. I was able to deadlift 250 lbs. Thats a record for me, I'm happy. :)

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I did my shoulder and arm exercise yesterday. I need to get more cardio in on my non-weight lifting days. My endurance isn't where it could be, but I started to lift a bit heavier weights as well. One area I've made serious progress in is abs. I'm definitely getting a stronger core due to the ab exercises. These were actually the hardest of all. I do about 200 abdominal exercises three times a week. I have to take it slow due to lower back issues, but overall have had no problems. I just started doing the oblique exercise which was hard the first time but not too bad the last couple of times.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I did my shoulder and arm exercise yesterday. I need to get more cardio in on my non-weight lifting days. My endurance isn't where it could be, but I started to lift a bit heavier weights as well. One area I've made serious progress in is abs. I'm definitely getting a stronger core due to the ab exercises. These were actually the hardest of all. I do about 200 abdominal exercises three times a week. I have to take it slow due to lower back issues, but overall have had no problems. I just started doing the oblique exercise which was hard the first time but not too bad the last couple of times.

Building muscle strength (not necessarily bodybuilding) is a great way to keep weight off. It raises the resting metabolic rate and burns more calories. Since starting back to the gym yesterday was the first time my leg muscles itch (good) from doing squats. Biggest muscles in the body. I also do core exercises.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    So did anybody else "fall off the wagon" this holiday weekend? With all the festivities I ate so much junk and haven't logged the miles I normally do, I feel like a beached whale on my couch right now. Monday's run is gonna suuuuuuuccccckkkkk......

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So did anybody else "fall off the wagon" this holiday weekend? With all the festivities I ate so much junk and haven't logged the miles I normally do, I feel like a beached whale on my couch right now. Monday's run is gonna suuuuuuuccccckkkkk......

25 miles on my bike yesterday and regular workout today.Now eating Oreos. :):

Top Bottom