• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I've been waiting for the weather to break up some to start taking my dog for walks. I know from past experience a treadmill at my house won't get used long. Diet isn't terrible but could be improved. On the plus side I'm not gaining weight...just maintaining too much of it

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    I have lost weight, by changing just a few things .I am 63 years old and was at 201 pounds . Army weight was 155 . So I really don,t exercise much , but my job is very physical .I lay floors for a living . Here is what you need to do .1 do not drink pop diet or other wise . Not only does it put weight on you , it makes you want to eat more. Stay away from anything with High Fructose corn syrup ,check your labels . Do not eat corn . White bread , wheat bread will also make you fat. Use only real butter , olive oil , or Macadamia oil to cook with. If you eat bread buy Ezekiel 4:9 , they make 3 or 4 kinds . MAKING these changes alone will automatically get you 15 LBS off your weight , and you will feel better . Drink water ,I cheat with apple juice every now and again, and yes I do cheat, but not a lot. I have lost 17 lbs 183 with no real effort just a little will power.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Finally, decent weather.

DXynItll.jpg

I'm so tired of spending most of the time stuck inside on a treadmill. Running indoors combined with having to take two weeks off due to illness have been a huge drain on motivation:

akMA3OSm.jpg

At least I've burned through my audiobook queue more quickly than usual. Blood Meridian is enthralling read aloud. The Road somewhat less so.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I have lost weight, by changing just a few things .I am 63 years old and was at 201 pounds . Army weight was 155 . So I really don,t exercise much , but my job is very physical .I lay floors for a living . Here is what you need to do .1 do not drink pop diet or other wise . Not only does it put weight on you , it makes you want to eat more. Stay away from anything with High Fructose corn syrup ,check your labels . Do not eat corn . White bread , wheat bread will also make you fat. Use only real butter , olive oil , or Macadamia oil to cook with. If you eat bread buy Ezekiel 4:9 , they make 3 or 4 kinds . MAKING these changes alone will automatically get you 15 LBS off your weight , and you will feel better . Drink water ,I cheat with apple juice every now and again, and yes I do cheat, but not a lot. I have lost 17 lbs 183 with no real effort just a little will power.

I have lost 54 lbs since Oct. 12. I drink diet pop daily, I eat white and wheat bread (35 calorie brand) daily and I avoid butter like the plague. So I can truthfully say that the things you say to avoid and will make you fat have actually helped me lose a lot of weight. ;)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

Drifter, this is all good advice. And folks, don't overlook the no DIET soda recommendation. The human body craves certain things, one being sugar. When you drink diet pop, you send signals to your brain that it is getting sugar. But it does not get any so it does things beyond my pay grade to make your body crave even more calories which you will tend to get throughout the day. Just stop with pop altogether. It's bad for you and diet is the worse of the two. If you just have to give in occasionally and drink one(drink regular, not diet), do the opposite of what the overweight people do at the fountain. Get the small cup, fill it to the top with ice and then add the pop. Do not refill it. Enjoy. You will cut down on total consumption a lot that way.

Oh, and eat a big breakfast. There is a lot of wisdom in the saying: Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a peasant.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Down 21lbs. In 2 month's. Running 6 miles a day only thing stopping me from running more are my shins start killing me . So cardio is good going to start doing cardo 3 times a week and start really lifting. Anyone have any recommendations for a good supplement ?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Down 21lbs. In 2 month's. Running 6 miles a day only thing stopping me from running more are my shins start killing me . So cardio is good going to start doing cardo 3 times a week and start really lifting. Anyone have any recommendations for a good supplement ?

Protein is a great supplement for lifting if that is what you are asking about it for. Also, Glutamine works.

If you are looking for supplements for losing weight, I'm no help.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Hey everybody, so I had a Forrest Gump moment this morning. I went out for a 7 mile run, got to the intersection to come home but decided to turn left and keep running. Ended up with a 13.56 mile jog in 2:28:46. I'm not bragging (how could I with an 11 minute mile pace) - Legs are sore but I could hold a conversation the whole time and really enjoyed the view of all the local lakes and parks.

I started cycling this week and I *think* it's helped my running.

anyway, how's everybody else been doing? As I look through the last few pages there's lots of "when the weather gets better" comments. Have you guys and girls been getting out there? I myself have not been to gym in the last month and its been glorious being outside!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Hey everybody, so I had a Forrest Gump moment this morning. I went out for a 7 mile run, got to the intersection to come home but decided to turn left and keep running. Ended up with a 13.56 mile jog in 2:28:46. I'm not bragging (how could I with an 11 minute mile pace) - Legs are sore but I could hold a conversation the whole time and really enjoyed the view of all the local lakes and parks.

I started cycling this week and I *think* it's helped my running.

anyway, how's everybody else been doing? As I look through the last few pages there's lots of "when the weather gets better" comments. Have you guys and girls been getting out there? I myself have not been to gym in the last month and its been glorious being outside!

I managed to do a 10 mile ride on my bicycle yesterday followed by a upper body workout. :alright:
    The weather was nice, just a bit windy in some places but if you wait for the perfect weather you never go out.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Down to 210 from 237. Been getting up early and doing a full 1hr. cardio sometime tredmill sometimes run out side or elliptical usually ends up being 7 or 8 miles. Then after work I do 30min. cardio 30min. lifting with 2 rest days mixed in.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I forgot to share...

Last Friday was the official weigh-in for the "Biggest Loser" competition at work...I am officially the Biggest Loser!

It was a very close race, but I won by a hair, 11.7% to 11.4% total loss since January, it totaled approx 30lbs lost for me! :woot:

Now I am around the weight I want to be, so I just need to maintain.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I was able to overhead squat 200lbs tonight.

I'm happy :)

wow thats great! Three months in to Crossfit and I have a hard time with a 35lb bar on the overhead squat. I can tell I am making progress and getting stronger, so I am pleased. But dang, really gotta leave the ego at the door!

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I forgot to share...

Last Friday was the official weigh-in for the "Biggest Loser" competition at work...I am officially the Biggest Loser!

It was a very close race, but I won by a hair, 11.7% to 11.4% total loss since January, it totaled approx 30lbs lost for me! :woot:

Now I am around the weight I want to be, so I just need to maintain.

:yesway:

Top Bottom