• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It was a very close race, but I won by a hair, 11.7% to 11.4% total loss since January, it totaled approx 30lbs lost for me! :woot:

congrats!

I am am about to go run outside. I realized that the treadmill just isn't as good. Fortunately my wife is home to watch the kids. Runkeeper app sure is a battery hog though.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I should do that, thanks. I started my run at 56% power on battery and it died 18 minutes later. Dave Ramsey streaming app, fitbit, and run keeper going. It died around 26% I think :(

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have lost weight, by changing just a few things .I am 63 years old and was at 201 pounds . Army weight was 155 . So I really don,t exercise much , but my job is very physical .I lay floors for a living . Here is what you need to do .1 do not drink pop diet or other wise . Not only does it put weight on you , it makes you want to eat more. Stay away from anything with High Fructose corn syrup ,check your labels . Do not eat corn . White bread , wheat bread will also make you fat. Use only real butter , olive oil , or Macadamia oil to cook with. If you eat bread buy Ezekiel 4:9 , they make 3 or 4 kinds . MAKING these changes alone will automatically get you 15 LBS off your weight , and you will feel better . Drink water ,I cheat with apple juice every now and again, and yes I do cheat, but not a lot. I have lost 17 lbs 183 with no real effort just a little will power.

I am 60. I lost 50 lbs at 49 and need to do it again. I pretty much figured out the above a long time ago and agree. Staying away from high glycemic foods is essential for keeping your blood sugar level so it does not dip and make you want to binge. My problem is my job is in front of a PC all day, sometimes until late into the night so I built a walking desk. You set it for 1mph and walk very slowly while working. Problem is I need to clean out the room as it has become a catchall for stuff in a house with very little storage. I also need to get out on the bike more. Used to ride around the Cultural Trail twice a day, once in the morning and once after work. Need to start that up again. Running might be out since I have gotten fibroids on my plantars facia.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yeah, I may just lurk here, but it will help get me motivated.

That's the spirit of the thread!

7255F5255F142.gif

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Did 150 kettlebell swings with a 32kg (72lbs) kettlebell tonight. Followed by 25 snatches with a 24kg (53lbs) kettlebell.

Dragon Door kettlebells are the best.

Also, I'm a little sore, but feel awesome.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My biggest problem is motivation. I did P90X last year and ended up with a shoulder injury. My fault really since one of the exercises included an exercise I knew was not good (all the others were OK). Don't know the name for it but it is standing, pulling a weight up to your chin. It is hard on your rotator cuff. I knew I should not have done it but ignored my better instincts.

Once injured, it is hard to get back into it especially since I am older (60) and injuries take so much longer to heal. One year later and it is starting to get better.

So the motivation aspect is overcoming injury. Once that motivation is thwarted, it is harder to get motivated again. I have to do something so will again bully on. The problem is coming to grips with being older and not being able to do what one is used to being able to do. That is how older injuries happen so it is coming to grips with that and scaling back exercise to suit an older body.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just put this on Facebook.

I just ran 3.2 miles and burned 400 calories. That's exactly 5.7 chewy chips ahoy cookies.

My point is we can't exercise enough to overcome a bad diet. I see tons of overweight people who blame their inability to lose weight on their inability to run or exercise. If you eat like a 180lb man you will become a 180lb man.

Grandma in the nursing home with a walker weighs 92 pounds and can't exercise either.

Now go forth and conquer!

Top Bottom