• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Don't focus on losing weight. Rather focus on building muscle mass, especially upper body as that will burn glucose.

Also 7 to 9 hours of sleep helps.

maybe I just need to get on the bike machine in the gym and take it easy...they DO have a big TV right in front of the bike machine.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    maybe I just need to get on the bike machine in the gym and take it easy...they DO have a big TV right in front of the bike machine.

More and more gyms are building TVs right into the bikes, treadmills or elliptical trainers. But aerobic training is only part of it. Need to work on the weight machines, get a trainer if you need it. You may not be ready for free weights but the weight machines are easier. Work on upper body (chest, stomach and back muscles). That is what burns glucose (sugar). The more upper body muscle the better you burn off food.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Only had time for a quick workout last night.

55 push-ups, 50 24kg kettlebell swings and clean and presses. Followed by 20 chin-ups.

Fun stuff.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Ab work outs and back pain. I was wondering if other people have this issue. I train my abs pretty hard with a crunch machine and incline sit ups and leg raises while laying on a incline bench. I have a lot of lower back pain for a day or two after. I think I am going to try planks and hanging leg raises to see if these are easier on the lower back.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Making some small progress in Crossfit. On the 12th, I dead lifted 125lbs for five reps. Tonight, the 24th, I did 145 for 7 reps. I was still the last to finish our workout, but I feel I'm making some progress :)

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Started working out a 4 weeks ago running 3 miles after work and working my upper body every other day. Down 18lbs. Started at 237lbs goal of 200lbs. Been eating healthier and using a app. to watch my calories. Plus I've almost quit smoking only about a half pack down from 2 packs a day !

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Im in. Just getting back to a regular routine. I am working out every day after work. Doing mild aerobic every day with some upper body every other.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Making some small progress in Crossfit. On the 12th, I dead lifted 125lbs for five reps. Tonight, the 24th, I did 145 for 7 reps. I was still the last to finish our workout, but I feel I'm making some progress :)

Keep it up. I have realized long ago, that I will not be able to keep up with the young pups at my box. Starting as a 44yr old couch potato, you can improve pretty fast. Don't let up, though. I took a month off because of work and weather, and just went back last night for the first time and almost died. I had to scale my WOD severely, but I completed it. It is too easy to hurt yourself at my age, so I am careful about how much I lift. The worst is the overhead squats....kills my lower back.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Who's still on the wagon and who's running behind it trying to get back in?

If that's the view you have you need to run faster.

railroad_tracks418.jpg

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Ab work outs and back pain. I was wondering if other people have this issue. I train my abs pretty hard with a crunch machine and incline sit ups and leg raises while laying on a incline bench. I have a lot of lower back pain for a day or two after. I think I am going to try planks and hanging leg raises to see if these are easier on the lower back.

I've had lower back issues for many years now, with two incidents of serious issues about five years ago. Funny thing was that prior to me working out my abs, I was having slight discomfort when I would wake up in the morning (once I get moving, everything is fine. Stationary seems to make my lower back feel 'locked up.'). I just started the P90X ab ripper X program about three or four weeks ago, taking a week off due to a busy schedule. First two weeks I only did 100 of the 300+ moves, I'm now up to 150 moves and surprisingly I'm have zero back issues. I think improper form during other exercises is what may have been causing some issues, but who knows.

As far as fitness, I'm doing P90X weight programs M, W, and F. I was doing 25 mins of cardio Tues./Thurs., but I really want to gain some bicep and back strength so I might cut the cardio days out. I'm doing shoulders, triceps, and biceps on Monday, back and chest on Wed., and just last week switched up and added back and biceps on Friday. I've found some protein bars that actually taste decent (to me) and started two weeks ago eating 1/3rd of a bar, but have decided that if I want some additional muscle strength I likely need to eat at least half a bar. I've also cut back on how much bread I'm eating.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Still on the wagon. Eating right (with some exceptions on "cheat days"), treadmill minimum of 3 times a week, prefer 4 or 5. Fell off the treadmill wagon for a week or 2 but I'm back at it now.

Down around 15lbs since Jan 6th.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'm a total failure.:(. I can't get off the tomorrow diet..you know, I'm gonna start tomorrow...:rolleyes: ..when it warms up a bit, I am going to strap on my knee braces and start walking a mile when I can. I gotta do something...I've taken Bench Rest to a new level:rolleyes:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Still doing my workouts. M-W-F are strength workouts, about 45 mins each, followed by 150 abdominal exercises. Have been trying to work on form and building biceps and back muscles mostly. Was doing around 25 mins of elliptical Tues and Thurs, but stopped doing that because I don't really need to lose any weight. I've found some protein bars that actually taste good and eat 10 grams of protein after each M-W-F workout. I will likely increase that to an entire bar, around 20 grams of protein, in a few weeks. Will be increasing the ab exercises after this week to 200.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Funny, I was working out a few minutes ago and thought about this thread. I have been getting my workouts in and eating better. I am working hard at consuming more protein. I need to. I am not trying to lose weight, so I am not concerned with too much caloric intake.

I am out of town on business and in the hotel gym today, they had a heavy bag hanging there. It got me to thinking whether one could do something with one of those. Any ideas? I am not a boxer but It wouldn't be a bad thing to learn how to hit hard(er) and/or use it as an aerobic workout. Do any of you folks use one and are there "drills" you can do? Or do you just hit it?

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'm a total failure.:(. I can't get off the tomorrow diet..you know, I'm gonna start tomorrow...:rolleyes: ..when it warms up a bit, I am going to strap on my knee braces and start walking a mile when I can. I gotta do something...I've taken Bench Rest to a new level:rolleyes:

That's pretty much where I'm at. I'm also going to be biking, so I need to buy a bike, but there is still snow and ice out there. :(

Top Bottom