• ...and so much more!
  • CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Hmmmm cookies

I've been guilty of that....Do a hard workout, come home eat a good breakfast then an hour later I'm chowing down on everything in the house because I "earned" it. In recent months I've been trying to not bring junk food into the house because it is a FACT that I have no will power with food in my kitchen.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've been guilty of that....Do a hard workout, come home eat a good breakfast then an hour later I'm chowing down on everything in the house because I "earned" it. In recent months I've been trying to not bring junk food into the house because it is a FACT that I have no will power with food in my kitchen.

Hey if you dont eat after a workout you will faint. :dunno:
    I eat cookies before and after each workout. :):
    Sometimes even during ...

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    My biggest problem is motivation. I did P90X last year and ended up with a shoulder injury. My fault really since one of the exercises included an exercise I knew was not good (all the others were OK). Don't know the name for it but it is standing, pulling a weight up to your chin. It is hard on your rotator cuff. I knew I should not have done it but ignored my better instincts.

Sounds like upright rows. I stopped doing that particular exercise. He says elbows are supposed to be above your wrist, but to also do what is comfortable. That entire exercise just isn't that comfortable to me so I just take a break during it. I can barely get my elbows higher than my wrist and the two guys doing the exercise seem to have a lot more range of motion in their shoulders than I do. I did too much when I first started and pulled a muscle in my neck. Now I just do what is said to be done, weights three times a week, only working back and biceps twice. Biceps get a three day break, back gets a one day break, but I just don't push it. I had to go out and buy some gloves as well because I was starting to get blisters. Still, it is a good program, M-W-F is weights and abs, about 60-80 mins. given the exercise and my endurance level. Tues. and Thurs. is going to become short 15-20 min. cardio days, but before I was just resting. Overall a great program, just do what is comfortable and don't push yourself until you have a month or two done. I've been lax due to sickness and recently vacation. Back and bicep+abs starts again in about three hours.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Took the morning off from work because I had to take my wife to the doctor. But instead of sleeping in, I got up early, and got a workout in. Dead lifts, kettlebells and afterwards ran my first mile since last summer. It wasn't a bad time, 10 minutes 15 seconds.

I'm going to do better.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    workout.gif

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Got off my butt and rode the bike yesterday, if the weather breaks, I plan on a run then alternate bike/run at least 5/6 days a week.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The tree pollens have really hit me hard this year, but I still make it to the gym. Seems like I am a little more sore though.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The tree pollens have really hit me hard this year, but I still make it to the gym. Seems like I am a little more sore though.

Same here, went for my bike ride, came home and ate dinner, took a Dimetap because of the pollen and itchy eyes, and promptly fell asleep on the couch.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I bought a bike (used Trek) and am riding it every evening I can. Usually for about 45 mins or so if I can. The furthest I've ridden is 7 miles so far. It's actually really fun and I feel way better after it even when I am sore. I still need to work on my portion control though.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Second day in a row walking on the treadmill for 30 mins. It hurts my toe a bit but not as bad as running. Hopefully in a week or two I can run again.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I am trying something new at the gym to mix things up a bit. I have always done my weight training workouts by splitting the workouts among different muscle groups. I am going to try to do full body workouts for this next rotation in my training and see what the effects are.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I am trying something new at the gym to mix things up a bit. I have always done my weight training workouts by splitting the workouts among different muscle groups. I am going to try to do full body workouts for this next rotation in my training and see what the effects are.

My suggestion is to buy the Wendler 5/3/1 book.

It's an awesome workout program.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm going to try. I'd like to be able to do a mile in the 8 minute area...

I don't know what shape you are in, but you have youth on your side(at least compared to my age, lol) and you like Jeeps and have good taste in shotguns. I think you can get there. Just find a good training program to develop speed and you will achieve it. I was able to go from a 10 minute mile to a 7:30 mile while I was in my 40's. Not a speed demon for sure, but I was happy with my mid-pack finishes.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Im joining this group!!

Im 26 years old, 6' and 220lbs.
    I have been working out and eating healthy for the last week so I am a week in, Wahoo!!

My goal is not really a weight, I have a very blocky build and weighed 215 in the best shape of my life so I feel a leaner 210-205 would be good.

But my goal is to really of performance, I would like to be able to dunk a basketball again (I could do this from about 16-21, then i decided I liked beer) and I would like to be able to run a 40 yard dash in 5 seconds flat. .4 seconds slower than when I was 19.

I am doing this ab workout every other day
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u1DjsQz7l0&list=PLWQYsVBEkyZ4TWwmhAv06pxMO9FHyM_3P

nightly I am running a 40 yrd dash, doing some basketball slides between two trees and running 40 yards back, once I get back I do 10 box jumps on a 2 foot high box, 10 pushups, and 10 jumps to touch a post about 8.5 feet high. Take a 30 second break and do it again. I do 10 reps of this.

Once Im done I run a mile. I did five days last week, took sat and sunday off and am back at it.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Unfortunately working 1 full time and 1 part time job averaging 70hr weeks with no weekends off has killed my workout routine. Still loosing though because little time to eat. 203lbs down from 237.

Top Bottom