• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Well Atleast you're working out perry. After a workout it feels good to be sore. I don't feel as winded going up some stairs. It feels good to be alive! LOL

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have been following this thread sinceit began... I was weighing in at 250 lbs, the heaviest I ever have ever been... I had a major knee injury sept 2012 and started to stay at home with the kids and work on my side business dec 2012. I had to make a change so I wanted to lose 30 lbs by Memorial Day. I wasn't trying to set myself up to fail so I didn't make it a huge goal. I hit the 30 lbs mark before xmas, and then went up and down for a month. About two weeks ago I got back on track to lose 20-30 more by Memorial day. I have currently lost 5 more lbs making my total loss 35. The changes I made was I gave up non diet soda, I am trying really hard to give up all soda since aspartame is probably worse for your body. I have given up snacking a lot and especially after 8pm. I love food... and that includes gluten, dairy, sugar I have really cut those three down to very small amounts. I started to really listen to my body and eat only when I was hungry and not over eat. I eat a lot more bananas and try to make them my snacks. I have worked out a little more than my usual light work outs. I have tried to lose weight before by working out, what I have learned is that food and diet plays a huge role.

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have been following this thread since I joined INGO. Sept 2013 I was weighing in at 250 lbs, the heaviest I ever have ever been... I had a major knee injury sept 2012 and started to stay at home with the kids and work on my side business dec 2012. I had to make a change so I wanted to lose 30 lbs by Memorial Day. I wasn't trying to set myself up to fail so I didn't make it a huge goal. I hit the 30 lbs mark before xmas, and then went up and down for a month. About two weeks ago I got back on track to lose 20-30 more by Memorial day. I have currently lost 5 more lbs making my total loss 35. The changes I made was I gave up non diet soda, I am trying really hard to give up all soda since aspartame is probably worse for your body. I have given up snacking a lot and especially after 8pm. I love food... and that includes gluten, dairy, sugar I have really cut those three down to very small amounts. I started to really listen to my body and eat only when I was hungry and not over eat. I eat a lot more bananas and try to make them my snacks. I have worked out a little more than my usual light work outs. I have tried to lose weight before by working out, what I have learned is that food and diet plays a huge role.

Congrats! Only warning is that bananas are a high glycemic food and also bad for diabetics because of the sugar content.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Tonight was the start of week two at Crossfit. I was way outclassed by even the easy version of the workout. I really sucked and it put me in a bad mood.

I thought I was doing good with my running times from the fall, but I'm so weak and inflexible that it's embarrassing. It's hard to do lightweight front squats because my hips don't want to bend. Jerks are hard because my shoulders are tight. I'm the last one finished or doing the least weight and lowest reps. But, I won't get stronger and faster if I don't keep going. Can't give up.

Heck, don't feel bad just keep it up. Stretching for me is the biggest problem.

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Congrats! Only warning is that bananas are a high glycemic food and also bad for diabetics because of the sugar content.

Thanks! I have been addicted to Mt. Dew since 1991 so giving it up for 4 months has been a real accomplishment.

I am talking 1-3 a day they are slow release sugar and can't cause diabetes.... since i don't have diabetes i have no reason to be concerned

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks! I have been addicted to Mt. Dew since 1991 so giving it up for 4 months has been a real accomplishment.

I am talking 1-3 a day they are slow release sugar and can't cause diabetes.... since i don't have diabetes i have no reason to be concerned

Hey, you can't give up everything! No bananas won't cause diabetes but I usually harp on high glycemic foods because when the blood sugar dips after eating high glycemic foods is when a person usually has binge tendencies. That does not mean I avoid all high glycemic foods. After all, I am only human. You are miles ahead giving up Mt. Dew.

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I should have said once i got interested in more than just trying to find .22 ammo :popcorn:

you guys sure do like to point out the details...

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Hey, you can't give up everything! No bananas won't cause diabetes but I usually harp on high glycemic foods because when the blood sugar dips after eating high glycemic foods is when a person usually has binge tendencies. That does not mean I avoid all high glycemic foods. After all, I am only human. You are miles ahead giving up Mt. Dew.

I really didn't mention giving up mt dew to anyone even my wife for almost a month. I easily was drinking 2-3 32oz fountains with little ice a day. Everytime in the past I would declare i was quiting it, there was this weird pressure that i was being monitored. This time I was much more serious about it but also not telling people helped.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    2.5 miles on treadmill. I started running at 0.15 miles and had to run to 2.65. 6mph. Starting at a random spot really distracted me as I kept trying to figure out how much further I had left. I need to reset it next time before running.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'm wondering if I should give up on buying an exercise bike, and just wait until spring and buy a real bike. I'd rather ride outside anyway, and I definitely can't afford an exercise bike and a regular one. I have a bike but it's old and not in great shape, I'd like to get a new one. But that would mean that until it's warmer (no snow) I don't know if I would have motivation to exercise at all. I guess I could start by just eating less now, and then starting to bike as soon as possible.

Top Bottom