• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Did the yoga on the bridge class this morning. Kinda cool, we had light rain and then a double rainbow. While there were a myriad of Ambers and Ashleys, I was surprised that I was not oldest guy in class.

Good instructor, good mix of sweat and stretch. Be Moved Yoga in West Lafayette: Be Moved Power Yoga - Home

Tonight I do Wing Chun. I hope we don't spar. My finger still smarts from knife fighting.

EDIT: Yeah, we sparred. My finger still hurts. Going to doc in box at lunch.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Did a fun workout this morning.

600M run with a 45lb plate
    100 hanging knee raises with a partner
    50 front squats(75lbs) with a partner
    36 strict pull-ups with a partner
    600M run with a 45lb plate

Done Murph style.

I was happy to finish in 17:43. Last run was a bugger. But I did all pull-ups without assistance! From zero pull-ups to doing them without assistance in a year. I am happy with that progress.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    For all you out there doing the heavy lifting and crossfit whatnots...

18664146_1367755143292956_7909704130466026270_n.jpg

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Finally hit a testing week with time to dedicate to it and no significant injuries. 5 lifting PR's this week, happy to finally be healthy and seeing good progress!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Finally hit a testing week with time to dedicate to it and no significant injuries. 5 lifting PR's this week, happy to finally be healthy and seeing good progress!

Nice. I like when that happens. On the other hand I had a cycle when the pre-test week I was feeling strong and hit the tests really hard. Then 8 weeks later on the re-test I did a little worse. :) But I know that was mostly just timing. Some days are good, some not so much.

A new cycle started two weeks ago and I hit it hard also. It will be interesting to see how much I can improve moving forward.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Saturday I did Wing Chun. I did the long pole and then tripodial. Then we did circle sparring. I did it blindfolded. Very instructive.

Sunday I did Wing Chun in the morning, lots of sword work. In the afternoon I biked the hill.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Really!? A tire flipping machine? It looks like it pivots around it's center of gravity. I'm sure it's good exercise but won't feel like a real tire.

I've been jogging nearly every day now and am finally getting faster and going farther. I have been thinking about doing the Spartan run at Perfect North Slopes but my team of buddies hasn't signed up yet. Anyone here planning to attend?

https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/2148/overview

that is seriously an awfully difficult course. I know people who did the 14 miler and said it was easier than this 4.8 miler. Last year I did it and literally someone died on the course just ahead of me. If you do it, train with a weighted pack on hill runs. Do the stair master a lot. It's straight up the dang slope at least 4 times

my wife and I did a workout tonight. 30 mins. 2-min stations of running, rowing, and sit ups/push ups. The last row I tried to channel love machine and push it for a 500m in 2 mins, then I hurt my back a minute in :):

i'm finally off metoprolol and running was so much easier. Time to rebuild to where I was

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    that is seriously an awfully difficult course. I know people who did the 14 miler and said it was easier than this 4.8 miler. Last year I did it and literally someone died on the course just ahead of me. If you do it, train with a weighted pack on hill runs. Do the stair master a lot. It's straight up the dang slope at least 4 times
    ^^^ This. Lotta up and down. The downhills are extremely tough on bad knees.

Fun repeat workout tonight, it's actually a CF Games workout from 2014 cut in half.

1500m row
    150 double-unders
    1500m run

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Traveling for work, missing Crossfit! Saturday home workout:
    1-mile run
    4x10 20" box jumps with dips in between sets.
    100 lunges (33, 40, 27), more dips between.
    4-minute tabata on heavybag
    13 burpees.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Monday: Wing Chun PM (drills with younger guys, including chi sao)

Tuesday: Wing Chun AM and PM (mix of everything, including gun disarms/takeaways)

Wednesday: Wing Chun PM, I did drills (punches, mook), forearms, and application of swords. I was attacked by a broken long pole (5') used as club and spear and had to defend and attack, minimal protective gear. Nothing like stress sweat to give one a workout.

Tomorrow back to circuit training. Friday it will be an hour on the mook and then tripodial, then 16 oz. curls.

Saturday and Sunday, we drill in the AM and then are doing carbine in the PM both days. Got to keep us tight as a team, takes trigger time.

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    I typically run 20-30 races a year, mostly 5k, with some 10k, 10 milers, 8 milers, maybe a half-marathon mixed in. With that said, I only do road races. The Spartan race or mud challenges, I just don't enjoy. It's a good way to run an expensive pair of shoes, and I had enough obstacle courses with Uncle Sam. Personally, I don't like trail runs either, due to the unpredictable terrain, and my fear of injuring an ankle I broke in high school a few decades back.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Saturday: no training. Went to Indy to see nephews. I did eat at Bob Evans, go shooting and then went to see Wonder Woman. So, um, that's . . . a day of rest!

Sunday: Wing Chun in AM, shooting with the group (carbine movement drills), and then a 4 hour hike in afternoon.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If I may make a suggestion, try some supplements... specifically pre-workout, about 30 minutes before. Ya know how you go to the gym expecting to do an hour, but at the 30 minute mark you're "**** this"? The pre-workout gives you the drive push on, even further than what you originally intended.

What kind of supplements?

Like protein shakes? Should those sorts of things be before, during, or after?

My natural diet is *full* of protein.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What kind of supplements?

Like protein shakes? Should those sorts of things be before, during, or after?

My natural diet is *full* of protein.

"Pre workout suplements" are more like energy drinks.

Being hydrated enough and drinking a coffee with some sugar before your workout will probably give you the same result though.
    Just drinking more water before, during and after your workout can alone make you feel more energyzed.

If you're already getting enough protein in your diet then you don't need any protein supplements.

Top Bottom