• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Nice work Doc!

Finished my race in 1:48, 12 minutes below my goal time :D and finished 5th overall. I definitely need a road bike now. I got smoked on the ride :laugh:

sweet, nice to beat a goal by that much!

the wife of a friend placed first in her age group at the spartan beast this weekend in Ohio. Incredible. 3rd overall female.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    50 thrusters Monday, snatch and handstand push-ups yesterday, now overhead squats, kettlebell swings, and toes-to-bar today. My shoulders are getting some work this week! :faint:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Tonight I was too tired after work to do anything. But I forced myself to row 2k. I beat my time by 2 seconds, 8:26.

Last night I did a 5k, 27 minutes. That time sucks, and I wanted to puke afterwards. I need to do better on the 5k.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Tonight I was too tired after work to do anything. But I forced myself to row 2k. I beat my time by 2 seconds, 8:26.

Last night I did a 5k, 27 minutes. That time sucks, and I wanted to puke afterwards. I need to do better on the 5k.

isn't that awesome? Too tired to do anything but you stepped up and beat your PR :rockwoot:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    isn't that awesome? Too tired to do anything but you stepped up and beat your PR :rockwoot:

I didn't see it that way :)

I found the Concept2 logbook, where you can see rowing results from all over the world. I'll never be able to hit those times, but I would like to get in the middle average somehow.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I used to eat pretty healthy, but I've slacked off the last few months. So for a month now, I've been trying to get back into the groove of eating healthy again. And my weekly grocery bill is pretty high because of it.

lovemachine's current diet:

Breakfast:
    3 whole eggs, fried eggs
    Handful of chopped bell peppers, couple slices of mushrooms, handful of chopped sweet potatoes, handful of fresh spinach, all cooked together as a side.
    Cup of coffee.

Lunch:
    Can of tuna, mixed with 1tb of extra virgin olive oil and 1tb of lemon juice. Served on top of 3 slices of colored bell peppers.
    A slice of celery and a small handful of baby carrots, with JIF natural peanut butter as a dip.
    And one hard boiled egg.

Dinner:
    It depends. Sometimes hamburger helper with cooked veggies.
    Sometimes cooked chicken breast with cooked veggies and a baked sweet potato.

If I get hungry at work, I'll eat a handful of mixed nuts.
    Once I start back into lifting weights, I'll try to add a protein shake.

I drink an average of 1.5 gallons of water.

Weekends are what kill me. I need to do a better job. Cookies and ice cream tend to sneak in :)

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Here's what I've been doing for breakfast...

Use a large muffin tin.
    Add whatever. I've done ham and spinach, sausage and cheese, steak, onions and mushrooms.
    Add two beaten eggs.
    Cook at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

I make a dozen at a time. Throw them in baggies, put in the fridge, and you have a healthy meal to go.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I did that breakfast thing too, it's helpful. I also made egg wraps with ham, cheese, and avocado and salsa. Microwave a bit and eat. Mmmm

cheat days are bad. I literally gained 10lbs last weekend

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    IMG_20170525_174550963.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Is there a limit to how many eggs you should eat in one day?

I always heard eating too many could be bad but I have no idea how many is too many.

I usually just have 2 for breakfast.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm going to say no, but I'm not a doctor.

Something about getting too much cholesterol.

I know some bodybuilders who eat like 6 eggs (or more) each morning will remove the egg yolk because it has all the fat and cholesterol of the egg in inside.
    That's removing the fat but also removing half of the proteins and some vitamins apparently.

Top Bottom