• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Well, I ran a mile today without stopping. It took me a little over 13 1/2 minutes, but this week is the first time in YEARS that I've run more than 100 yards. Week two of going to the gym...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Hey Doc, do you wear that awesome patriotic headband just at the gym or all day long? :D

hah, just at the gym. I got one without stars so I can support France too :):

Well, I ran a mile today without stopping. It took me a little over 13 1/2 minutes, but this week is the first time in YEARS that I've run more than 100 yards. Week two of going to the gym...

nicely done! Welcome to the thread. We now expect daily updates of your efforts

I did a back squat PR today at 275. Also did 30 push ups in one set max effort

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Been hitting the gym every few days for about a year now. Used low-carb to drop some weight to get back down to a normal level. Definitely noticing the effects of the weight training at the gym.

It's easy to drop the habit by pushing off a day or so. Got to stick with it. Haven't yet turned to cardio... sticking to dietary stuff for weight maintenance... but slowly graduating with regards to weights.

Good stuff... especially when my employer is paying for the membership :)

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco

Been hitting the gym every few days for about a year now. Used low-carb to drop some weight to get back down to a normal level. Definitely noticing the effects of the weight training at the gym.

It's easy to drop the habit by pushing off a day or so. Got to stick with it. Haven't yet turned to cardio... sticking to dietary stuff for weight maintenance... but slowly graduating with regards to weights.

Nice work fellas! Keep it up y'all.

Participating in my first dualthlon (5k trail run, 20k road bike, 5k trail run) tomorrow up at Pokagon State Park. Should be real interesting since I've been on my bike for less than 20 miles so far this year. :n00b: Hoping to finish in under 2 hours, but dang it's hilly up there (compared to where I live anyway).

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well this morning I ran 1200 meters (5:19) and did 8 rounds of Cindy in 11:13. So...it looks like its time to drop the ego and do mini-Murph.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Box is closed today, plan is to run 0.6+ miles (loop around neighborhood with small hill), then some single unders and practice double unders. Maybe some wind sprints, my cardio sucks.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

If I may make a suggestion, try some supplements... specifically pre-workout, about 30 minutes before. Ya know how you go to the gym expecting to do an hour, but at the 30 minute mark you're "**** this"? The pre-workout gives you the drive push on, even further than what you originally intended.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You're better than me. I'm not running a mile, unless someone is chasing me. And if it's a Kenyan, I'm just going to give up.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You're better than me. I'm not running a mile, unless someone is chasing me. And if it's a Kenyan, I'm just going to give up.

I don't like it, believe me, but I'm tired of being fat. Today will be chest and shoulders followed by 45 minutes on the tread mill. I don't think I will be able to run today, my fat is complaining about yesterday.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Well this morning I ran 1200 meters (5:19) and did 8 rounds of Cindy in 11:13. So...it looks like its time to drop the ego and do mini-Murph.
    FYI, it took me 23 minutes to do a half Murph a couple weeks ago (800m run, 10 rnds of Cindy, 800m run). You're aren't out of the range to complete the full Murph. Not trying to convince you to do one or the other, just giving some perspective. :)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't like it, believe me, but I'm tired of being fat. Today will be chest and shoulders followed by 45 minutes on the tread mill. I don't think I will be able to run today, my fat is complaining about yesterday.

Well, keep in mind, that nutrition is the most important aspect of weight loss. If you're a calorie counter, good rule of thumb, is to take your weight add a zero, plus 100. That around maintenance for a sedementary lifestyle. Try to cut a little bit off, and you'll start losing quickly.

IE, if you weight 200 add the zero 2000 then 100 +2100. That's actually below maintenance, and you'll still lose, but it's just easy to remember.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Well, keep in mind, that nutrition is the most important aspect of weight loss. If you're a calorie counter, good rule of thumb, is to take your weight add a zero, plus 100. That around maintenance for a sedementary lifestyle. Try to cut a little bit off, and you'll start losing quickly.

IE, if you weight 200 add the zero 2000 then 100 +2100. That's actually below maintenance, and you'll still lose, but it's just easy to remember.

I've stopped eating bread, pasta, and potatoes. I haven't completely cut out sweets, but I've cut back. Mainly meat and vegetables (which are still gross). The first week, I supposedly lost five pounds - next weigh in is Sunday. Last Sunday I was 255. At 5'11" - yup, I'm fat. My goal for now is 225.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    FYI, it took me 23 minutes to do a half Murph a couple weeks ago (800m run, 10 rnds of Cindy, 800m run). You're aren't out of the range to complete the full Murph. Not trying to convince you to do one or the other, just giving some perspective. :)

Thanks. I will see how I feel in two weeks. I still will have some opportunities to "test" myself next week.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Here is all you need to know about losing weight and nutrition.

LANGUAGE WARNING, he says F**k a lot but it's hilarious.

[video=youtube;3FGee4kQHEY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FGee4kQHEY[/video]

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Yep.You can't outrun a fork!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Here is all you need to know about losing weight and nutrition.

LANGUAGE WARNING, he says F**k a lot but it's hilarious.

[video=youtube;3FGee4kQHEY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FGee4kQHEY[/video]

Not only is this guy great to listen to, what he says is spot on. We overthink this too much.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Mini murph this weekend and full next weekend!

Today was 7 rounds of:

45s row
    15s rest
    45s 50# DB push press
    15s rest
    45s DB row in plank position
    15s rest

ugh. I got 234 reps in. Standing those dumbells up for push press was awful

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics