• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Made it to 35 handstand push-ups. 15 more than last year. I was getting off the rower and my legs nearly gave out on me. They were jello. Quads are still worn out and I worked out with the wifey at 0700.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Just finished week 5, still have a long way to go. Can do real burpees now, I can get my legs all the way up for wall walks, & am no longer winded during the initial warm up (high knees, butt kicks, punter kicks).

Lunges are still biggest weakness, mostly due to old injury limiting left foot flexibility. Snatches & Overhead Squats are pretty sad, working on them frequently.

Pants & Shirts fit more loosely, & I'm getting stronger, still miles to go....

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm doing 17.4 as a drop-in tomorrow here in Tampa. It's at 7am

I can do the row in under 4mins probably. The deadlifts should be fairly quick and will do wall balls in three sets. Hoping to get halfway into the hand release push ups

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Wall. I'm not a gymnast. Also, they are always strict...none of that silly kipping crap.

Well that's impressive too. :yesway:

I'm too afraid to even try one.Looks like it would be easy to break your neck if you're not strong enough or do them until failure.

It's not like with pushups where you would just fall flat on the ground.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Just finished week 5, still have a long way to go. Can do real burpees now, I can get my legs all the way up for wall walks, & am no longer winded during the initial warm up (high knees, butt kicks, punter kicks).

Lunges are still biggest weakness, mostly due to old injury limiting left foot flexibility. Snatches & Overhead Squats are pretty sad, working on them frequently.

Pants & Shirts fit more loosely, & I'm getting stronger, still miles to go....
    Nice work! Snatches & OHS are definitely some of the most technical lifts you'll do, but you'll figure them out.
    Made it to 35 handstand push-ups. 15 more than last year. I was getting off the rower and my legs nearly gave out on me. They were jello. Quads are still worn out and I worked out with the wifey at 0700.
    Good work sir! I kicked up on the wall right after getting off the rower and immediately fell over because my core was so trashed. :lmfao:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I got 172 reps of scaled. I expected more but I got a headache during the deadlifts after about rep 30 and took a minute break. I was shocked how dead I was on the row. Usually I'm in the 1150-1200 cal/hr for short rows. I was doing about 750 on this. Ugh.

i nearly puked when I got back in my car.

The upside was I got judged by a hot Australian chick :):

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Well that's impressive too. :yesway:

I'm too afraid to even try one.Looks like it would be easy to break your neck if you're not strong enough or do them until failure.

It's not like with pushups where you would just fall flat on the ground.
    Handstand holds are a great way to get used to being upside down. Lock those arms out and get used to it. It took me quite some time to get used to being upside down. For awhile I did them with my belly to the wall, it seemed easier to hold.

Nice work! Snatches & OHS are definitely some of the most technical lifts you'll do, but you'll figure them out.

Good work sir! I kicked up on the wall right after getting off the rower and immediately fell over because my core was so trashed. :lmfao:

Ha, as soon as I got off the rower I almost collapsed to the ground. My legs gave out, they were rubber.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    The boy has baseball practice tonight so I am going to try and get a run in while he practices. I have been able to 6+ miles in the each of the last couple practices.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I would be done after the first round of thrusters. I haven't much proficiency at all with even singleunders. Doubleunders are a no go at my point.

Now that I have seen all the workouts as much as I wanted to do the Open, I still made the right decision. I will be ready next year though!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I planned to do it RX but ended up scaling it due to the double unders. The most I've ever done in a workout was around 100, so I felt 350 would be a stretch. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped for the Open. But, I've only been doing CrossFit for about 6 months so I won't beat myself up too much. I know where my weaknesses are now. Next year I will be better!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just martial arts and yoga lately for past few months. I hate to run in the cold. Tomorrow may get a run in. Running helps fight the family history (blood pressure) and gives me gas for sparring.

Thursday night: double yoga sessions (because I am old and stiff)

Friday night: weapons (just long guns, disarms and muzzle strikes) and then I helped the new guys.

Saturday AM: Drill on the wooden man and then I got sent outside on the tripodial.

See what tomorrow brings.

Being hit, getting sweaty with men, playing with swords, knives and guns, what fun.:D

Top Bottom