• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I ran 6.3 miles last night while the boy was at baseball practice but it was ugly.

nice job! Kids sports are such an excuse for parental laziness. I want to start a movement where between baseball innings parents do 10-15 reps of something. I mean why not. Everyone wears exercise clothes all the time now anyway.

i did 17.3 and surprised myself. I got 59 reps of scaled. In warmup I did a 95# OHS which is my PR by 40#.

i did power snatch and then an OHS. I think if I redo it I could get the last snatch and then the 7 jumping pull ups done, then maybe another snatch. That would be a huge leap in the leaderboard.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    this is the video for the guy currently leading individual men's scaled for 17.3 with a solid time of 12:00. One disgusting thing, and every single movement is a no rep. Did not do squat and did not extend elbows on pull ups

[video=youtube;4CNBa3hmPfY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CNBa3hmPfY[/video]

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well if he submitted his score by that video, he'll either get a major penalty or DQ'd, probably the latter. Didn't even make an attempt to OHS. :n00b:

I gave him that advice in YouTube comments. And let the arms fully extend on pull ups.

and don't film from behind when doing squat snatch and wearing tights!

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I gave him that advice in YouTube comments. And let the arms fully extend on pull ups.

and don't film from behind when doing squat snatch and wearing tights!
    Yeah, somebody needs to get that dude a pair of shorts.

Started to try the workout again Saturday but I was still too trashed from the first try and stopped at the first set of 135 snatches. Giving it one more shot tonight after a day off.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just bought a one-year-old NordicTrack Elite 12.9T elliptical off Craigslist for less than half of new cost. When I went to look at it I was like, holy crap this thing is huge.

The spousal unit is not happy about this so it's relegated to a corner in an upstairs bedroom. Now to get it out of temporary storage and bring it home... I'm going to have to partially dismantle it to get it upstairs, which I'm dreading far worse than working out on it.

With twin toddlers my only time to exercise is between when my wife leaves for work/daycare with the kids and when I leave for work (or after the kids are asleep for the night) so getting SOME exercise, even in small doses, is better than none at all.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I just bought a one-year-old NordicTrack Elite 12.9T elliptical off Craigslist for less than half of new cost. When I went to look at it I was like, holy crap this thing is huge.

The spousal unit is not happy about this so it's relegated to a corner in an upstairs bedroom. Now to get it out of temporary storage and bring it home... I'm going to have to partially dismantle it to get it upstairs, which I'm dreading far worse than working out on it.
    Moving those things around is no joke! Glad you found a way to get moving.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Life got busy and I'm not going to retest 17.3. We are leaving for a cruise Friday afternoon so i'll need to find a place in Tampa to do 17.4 Monday morning and then 17.5 the Monday we get home. Oh well.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Life got busy and I'm not going to retest 17.3. We are leaving for a cruise Friday afternoon so i'll need to find a place in Tampa to do 17.4 Monday morning and then 17.5 the Monday we get home. Oh well.

Are you going to workout during your cruise Doc or take a break?

I've seen ships with a running deck thingy and gyms.

independence-of-the-seas-royal-caribbean-14813.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The cruises I have taken had pretty decent gyms. I worked out often on all of them. I love to eat and getting a good workout finished in the morning made me feel better the whole day.

And I ate all I wanted and didn't gain weight.:)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The cruises I have taken had pretty decent gyms. I worked out often on all of them. I love to eat and getting a good workout finished in the morning made me feel better the whole day.

And I ate all I wanted and didn't gain weight.:)

If you get sea sick you don't have to workout, you just throw up after each meal.Works too. :yesway:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I did 17.3 scaled this morning and it did not go as well as I had hoped. I made it halfway through the 115# and ran out of time. I wanted to at least get to the 135# round but it was not meant to be. Overhead squats are a big weak point.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    17.3 redone last night, finally happy with my efforts. :) Got 9 more reps and a better tiebreak time, and the snatches felt way better this time around. Congrats to all you guys who did this one, even the scaled version was tough!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom