• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    17.2 I got 111 reps. 35# DB, hanging knee raises, regular pull ups. My legs are fried

Nice work! I tried it RX even though I've never done a muscle-up. I made it to the muscle-ups in 6:43 and then couldn't do a muscle-up. I did work on them afterward and managed to get one from a 12" box. Baby steps...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Nice job on the muscle up. Even on a box they are hard, especially a short box. There are going to be a LOT of people at 78 on that. your tie break time is good though so that will help. Maybe sprint to them in a retake on Monday and push tie break time better

it's sad when your friend is your judge and they have to no rep you. It came up a few times on my pull ups :):

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Master's scaled was doable for me. Since I'm not doing it this year, I'm saving all the workouts and making it my goal to be able to do at least the scaled workout and hopefully some of them Rx.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    17.2 I got 111 reps. 35# DB, hanging knee raises, regular pull ups. My legs are fried

Nice work! I tried it RX even though I've never done a muscle-up. I made it to the muscle-ups in 6:43 and then couldn't do a muscle-up. I did work on them afterward and managed to get one from a 12" box. Baby steps...
    Nice work fellas!

I did it on Saturday and got 6 muscle ups, 84 reps total. I had a ton of time on the bar, almost 7 minutes, so I'll probably redo it tonight to see if I can up my score some. I may be a little too competitive for my own good....

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    redid 17.2. I got 9 more reps, so 120 total of men's masters 35-39 scaled. Pull ups slowed me down big time.

I forgot to look at my time on the last set of cleans though, so have to use last time of 10:33 :xmad: I was at least 90 seconds faster too

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    17.2 done again and I got 15 muscle ups done in the third round, for 93 reps total. Still not fully satisfied, but I improved in every part of the workout so I'm mostly happy with it. Definitely need some gymnastics work moving forward. On to the next one! I'll be doing 17.3 Thursday night along with a friend right after the announcement, looking forward to that.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    You all that did 17.2 are beasts! I can't do lunges at all, left foot will not flex @ ball, old injury. Sadly I did a 2000M on row machine, scaled pull ups, #40lb dumbbell muscle ups. I've only been at it 4 weeks now.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Ok, 17.3 is just awful.

i can't do overhead squat or squat snatch. Hoping my scale is power snatch

It appears they are all squat snatches. I wouldn't get very far along unless I do the scaled version. I have very little experience with squat snatches and my coordination is lacking. I can't imagine the majority of the population will get all the way through this one RX.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Ok, 17.3 is just awful.

i can't do overhead squat or squat snatch. Hoping my scale is power snatch
    It was as awful as it looks on paper. 135# is a pretty heavy snatch for me and my chest-to-bar pull-ups are not as good as they should be. Got 58 reps in the first 8 min, 14 reps shy of making it past the first time cap. I'll be trying this one again Saturday or Sunday.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It appears they are all squat snatches. I wouldn't get very far along unless I do the scaled version. I have very little experience with squat snatches and my coordination is lacking. I can't imagine the majority of the population will get all the way through this one RX.

You will probably be able to count on one or two hands the number of people that will make it through the entire workout Rx.

Top Bottom