• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    After yoga and Wing Chun on Saturday, I was back in the bike today. Up and down the hill for an hour.

I am almost recovered from my wreck on the Monon Trail the Sunday before Labor Day. Bruised ribs, right elbow was a tattered mess, inside of left thigh and bruised tail bone.

I would have walked that off in a day 20 years ago. At least I got back up.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    After yoga and Wing Chun on Saturday, I was back in the bike today. Up and down the hill for an hour.

I am almost recovered from my wreck on the Monon Trail the Sunday before Labor Day. Bruised ribs, right elbow was a tattered mess, inside of left thigh and bruised tail bone.

I would have walked that off in a day 20 years ago. At least I got back up.

That's why you shouldn't Ingo while you bike.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Ran the "Beyond the Badge" 5k this morning. It's ran at Crown Hill Cemetery, what a beautiful area. The HILL is in the middle of the 5k and it is awful, it is so steep that most stop and walk up it rather than jog/run. So this time will always be slower than a normal 5k on flat ground. Posted a 25:54. I'm surely happy with that, it is almost 4 minutes faster than my fastest Beyond the Badge run. Happy day.

Well done.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Today wa hero workout "Gator"

8 rounds:
    5 front squat
    20 ring push ups

i did 135# squats and regular push ups; though they were awful at the end. 19:35 to complete

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Usually the gym. I wouldn't motivate myself enough at home to push it. Sometimes schedule doesn't work and I have to do it at home

The motivation can be tricky. I just hate spending the time going to and from a gym. Doing at home means the shortest amount of time spent to get the workout in which is helpful.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm lucky that the gym is about 10 mins away. Always a few people doing the workout with you which is another good motivator

700 push ups in a day? Yowsers. I'd move on to other muscle groups way before 700, but I'm lazy

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    :nuts:

Do you do regular pushups when you do that many?

The other day when I did 700 I did some one leg pushups and some regular.

Yeah, I do regular pushups. I will move my hands around a little to try and work some different muscles. On occasion, I will do some one leg ones. Probably should do more of those.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I don't know if I will have time to get a workout in today. I have meeting to attend that is supposed to run 6:30-9. I may be able to get a quick one in before I head out. We shall see.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I hate squats.

Ring pushups are tough. Takes more strength to stabilize than you think.

I love squats. One of the best overall weight lifting exercises. I notice many in the gym don't do them properly.

I will be 63 at the end of this month. I laid off the squats for a couple of weeks and it was a good thing to do. At this age it takes much longer to recuperate. So back to the gym and deloaded to a lighter weight. My biggest concern is injury. At this age it is much easier to injure yourself and takes much longer to recuperate.

I just attended my 45th high school reunion in this weekend. I got compliments on my appearance although I am the same height and weight as Donald Trump which means I am mildly obese. I hope to be in better shape for my 50th reunion

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I can't wait till I can get back to squatting and olympic lifting. Another week or two and hopefully I'll be back at it. One plus to being injured - I'll get lots of technique work on my lifts while I build my strength back.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    It's been awhile, but I was able to deadlift 255lbs for 2 reps.

3DD9FAEE-2966-428B-819C-2BFCC2FA1C47_zpsvwckmqbh.jpg

Goal is to hit 300lbs.

Top Bottom