• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    Two hours per day, five days per week . . . That's a bunch of serious work. Are you training for a specific event or sport?

At 56, I can't hit the serious iron on back-to-back days anymore. The joints need that day of rest.

I train for events, like the last one where a guy with a warrant and 50 grams of meth took off running when I stopped him for a traffic infraction. Honestly, I love being at the gym, Its my hobby so to speak. Im 42 and im in better shape than when I was 18. I have aches and pains from time to time, mainly when my form is not what it should be. I feel fairly good right now other than my hands are all chewed up. I have been using wrist straps the past two weeks when I can to give them a rest.

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    I train for events, like the last one where a guy with a warrant and 50 grams of meth took off running when I stopped him for a traffic infraction. Honestly, I love being at the gym, Its my hobby so to speak. Im 42 and im in better shape than when I was 18. I have aches and pains from time to time, mainly when my form is not what it should be. I feel fairly good right now other than my hands are all chewed up. I have been using wrist straps the past two weeks when I can to give them a rest.

A great reason to train . . . Stay safe out there, and thank you for your efforts.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Can't you just zap the guy with a Taser so you don't have to run? :dunno: :):

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I do 20 sets of 35 throughout the day. Adds up fast.

I thought you were crazy when you said you did 700 a day, but I never really counted how many I do.
    I already made almost 300 and that's before today's workout where I will probably include weighted push ups.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I thought you were crazy when you said you did 700 a day, but I never really counted how many I do.
    I already made almost 300 and that's before today's workout where I will probably include weighted push ups.

Don't discount the fact that I may be crazy. The 700 is in addition to any regular workout I do. I just do pushups during the day while I am at work to get out of my chair periodically. I don't do any on the weekends unless part of my regular workout.

I figure a little daily strength training can't be a bad thing. Plus it gets my heart rate up a bit throughout the day.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Don't discount the fact that I may be crazy. The 700 is in addition to any regular workout I do. I just do pushups during the day while I am at work to get out of my chair periodically. I don't do any on the weekends unless part of my regular workout.

I figure a little daily strength training can't be a bad thing. Plus it gets my heart rate up a bit throughout the day.

Is there such a thing as too much push ups? :dunno:

I guess it works so many body parts at the same time that you don't have to worry about muscle imbalance too much.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Is there such a thing as too much push ups? :dunno:

I guess it works so many body parts at the same time that you don't have to worry about muscle imbalance too much.

I am sure there is a point where you can do too many but I have no idea. I have done exactly zero research on it. Started doing them at the end of June and have been good about it since then.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I am sure there is a point where you can do too many but I have no idea. I have done exactly zero research on it. Started doing them at the end of June and have been good about it since then.

Maybe it's not a problem if you also including pulling exercices, and squats to work the legs as well.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Aren't push ups also working thigh muscles the same way squats do anyway?

I saw a diagram of muscles worked with push ups and it didn't show any leg muscles working, only upper body muscles.
    But if I look at muscles used during plank exercice it shows the legs ... :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I managed to reach 730 pushups. :faint:
    I guess we're both crazy, not sure I will do that many everyday.

The hardest part is keeping track of how many you do during the day.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I managed to reach 730 pushups. :faint:
    I guess we're both crazy, not sure I will do that many everyday.

The hardest part is keeping track of how many you do during the day.

I write it down on a post it note throughout the day so I know how many sets I have done. Otherwise I lose track.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Ran the "Beyond the Badge" 5k this morning. It's ran at Crown Hill Cemetery, what a beautiful area. The HILL is in the middle of the 5k and it is awful, it is so steep that most stop and walk up it rather than jog/run. So this time will always be slower than a normal 5k on flat ground. Posted a 25:54. I'm surely happy with that, it is almost 4 minutes faster than my fastest Beyond the Badge run. Happy day.

Top Bottom