• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I cleaned up my diet about 2 weeks ago, cut out the sugar and most of the starches. MAN, was that first week crappy. I mean I had NO energy. Withdrawing from sugar sucks. After I got past that, my energy has gone through the roof. In 2 weeks I've lost 5 lbs. On 07-30-2016, I weighted 247lbs at 17% BF. Today I'm at 42 unk BF. My goal is to get around 230lbs by November. That is the weight I need to get to for my upcoming Jiu Jitsu match. Otherwise it's 232 to infinity. I have no desire to fight a 300+lb guy...nope.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Nicely done on the sugars. It's hard because they're in everything and taste sooooo goooood

i did a 335# deadlift today. That felt good. 35# bump on my PR

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I guess sugar can be both good and bad, depends on how much you have and what you do.

Sugar is good to give you energy boost before a workout, but not good if you're going to stay on your butt all day.

It's just like putting fuel in your car before a race.
    If your car is going to stay in the garage then there is no need to keep adding fuel to the already full tank.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Nicely done on the sugars. It's hard because they're in everything and taste sooooo goooood

i did a 335# deadlift today. That felt good. 35# bump on my PR
    Why thank you. Yeah, sweets is a vice of mine. Funny thing, it didn't take long to really squash the urge for sweets. I just eat an apple or similar as desert.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I guess sugar can be both good and bad, depends on how much you have and what you do.

Sugar is good to give you energy boost before a workout, but not good if you're going to stay on your butt all day.

It's just like putting fuel in your car before a race.
    If your car is going to stay in the garage then there is no need to keep adding fuel to the already full tank.
    Yeah, but caffeine might be better for that (black coffee). We need some form of carbs to live/function. We can get rid of sugar from out diet 100% and live quite nicely.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I can't stop putting creamer in my morning coffee. Black coffee, bleh.

I put milk and sugar in my coffee, can't drink it otherwise.

Spend more on your coffee, and spend less on cream and sugar (and fewer calories!).

I get whole bean coffee, grind just enough for a cup, and use a pour over system. It really has very little bitterness (about like regular coffee with cream in it).

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    About 5yrs ago I hired a certified trainer and changed my eating habits. I had fantastic results, lost like 30lbs in 8 weeks. Had some life circumstances derail my diet changes, and trainer moved out of state for better opportunity. And I fell off the wagon. i have gained it all back. Now I am trying to get my tail back on the wagon. I have started working on cleaning up the diet so that I can get back on track eating healthier. However I find my workouts lack intesity compared to when I had a a trainer or work out partner. I struggle to push myself Anyone else have this problem?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Made a plyometric box. 20x24x30

it's hard to make a cube and have all edges correct when you use shoddy technique like I do :):

It's not a cube if the edges not the same size. :dunno:

Also I mostly heard about injuries when people use those ... be careful Doc!

Or you next post will be about you injuring your chin on the edge of the box. :faint:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You can sell that box for $200 online if you spray paint the word "CROSSFIT" on it!

Also I would sand the edges and the sharp corners for added safety.
    If you jump and fall, and your knee/shin hit the box you will be glad you spent the extra time making sure all the edges are rounded.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Definitely going to sand the edges down. Use a belt sander for the one high side. I'm planning to spray paint stencil our last name on it instead of Rogue.

also will cut some handles out on one side. I missed a jump two weeks ago and slammed by shin into it. Fortunately just a deep bruise and scratch, no stitches needed

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Definitely going to sand the edges down. Use a belt sander for the one high side. I'm planning to spray paint stencil our last name on it instead of Rogue.

also will cut some handles out on one side. I missed a jump two weeks ago and slammed by shin into it. Fortunately just a deep bruise and scratch, no stitches needed

TE222_500_1.JPG

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So I tried to cut back on coffee and sugar this week. Instead of my usual cup of coffee in the morning, I went for green tea instead. Had a headache all day, so I caved and ended up drinking a starbucks frappuccino I bought from wall-mart. It was the smaller glass bottle.

It was loaded with sugar, like 35 grams. I'm feeling good, but crap I wish I could have made it without drinking it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So I tried to cut back on coffee and sugar this week. Instead of my usual cup of coffee in the morning, I went for green tea instead. Had a headache all day, so I caved and ended up drinking a starbucks frappuccino I bought from wall-mart. It was the smaller glass bottle.

It was loaded with sugar, like 35 grams. I'm feeling good, but crap I wish I could have made it without drinking it.

I get headaches as well if I miss my coffee. :faint:

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Made a plyometric box. 20x24x30

it's hard to make a cube and have all edges correct when you use shoddy technique like I do :):

I made a very similar one several years ago. Think my dimensions may even be the same as yours. I don't use it as much as I used to. Should probably work it into the rotation more than I do.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I have been sets of pushups all day while I am work. I take a break every 30 minutes and do a quick set. I do this in addition to whatever workout I do when I get home. This is week 6 or 7. I am up to 700/day.

Top Bottom