• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Is there anyone here that goes to the downtown Indy YMCA?

not me but they send us patients from time to time. I looked at it while I ate at cerulean, wishing I was at a different restaurant the whole time...

Today was "Nicole", 400m run, then max pull ups, cycle that for 20 minutes. I did 40 pull ups .Not true strict pull ups because standing under my bar my elbows are *slightly* bent. Covered 1.25mi on the run portion. Mostly at 6mph then increased to 6.5 and last quarter was at 7.

Then I tried some 20# vested burpees but my forearm really started hurting so I stopped at five. Then did kettlebell rows for two sets of ten and held them until my grips failed. Spartan race scares me.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Another hero workout done yesterday - "Crain" in honor of Officer Michael "Freight" Crain.

Officer Michael "Freight" Crain, of Beaumont, California, died Feb. 7, 2013, when he was fatally injured by gunfire in an apparent ambush while on patrol. A former U.S. Marine Corps sergeant, the 34-year-old had been with the Riverside Police Department for 11 years, assigned to field operations and the SWAT Team. He is survived by his wife, Regina; son, Ian; and daughter, Kaitlyn.

2 rounds for time of:
    34 push-ups
    50-yard sprint
    34 deadlifts, 135 lb.
    50-yard sprint
    34 box jumps, 24-inch box
    50-yard sprint
    34 clean and jerks, 95 lb.
    50-yard sprint
    34 burpees
    50-yard sprint
    34 wall-ball shots, 20-lb. ball
    50-yard sprint
    34 pull-ups
    50-yard sprint

Then lunch and beers with the gym crew. :D And we rescued somebody's lost dog. It was a good day.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Best thing I've done for my fitness in a while - took a day off Saturday and floated the Pigeon River with friends. Pushed a little too far over the last week and my knees needed the rest!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Something new, added jump rope before my jog tonight. We'll see what's sore tomorrow. :):

Cummins513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2016
    Lowell
    Another hero workout done yesterday - "Crain" in honor of Officer Michael "Freight" Crain.

2 rounds for time of:
    34 push-ups
    50-yard sprint
    34 deadlifts, 135 lb.
    50-yard sprint
    34 box jumps, 24-inch box
    50-yard sprint
    34 clean and jerks, 95 lb.
    50-yard sprint
    34 burpees
    50-yard sprint
    34 wall-ball shots, 20-lb. ball
    50-yard sprint
    34 pull-ups
    50-yard sprint

Then lunch and beers with the gym crew. :D And we rescued somebody's lost dog. It was a good day.

Sounds brutal, I'll have to give it a go sometime.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Went for a run for the first time in 7 months. 7 months after my stress fracture in my leg. I ran 1.5 miles, with a few stops due to lack of exercise and the heat. Going to rest a few days now though. I need to work back into this slowly.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Hoping to get back into working out again. Did 11.4 mile bike ride yesterday. Went well but half way through the seat was feeling terrible. Slowly wanting to do crossfit exercises at home.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    What's everyone's opinion on the fitness gear racks that dicks sporting goods sells?

Read some positive reviews. Wasn't aware of this one. Thought about getting a half rack for the garage but like the air conditioning of the gym and since squats are not favored I usually can find time on the squat rack.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Went for another short run last night. Felt much better then the first time and dropped my time as well. Still have a long way to go until I am back to my previous level.... dang injuries.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Welp, got an MRI scheduled next week to find/confirm a tear in the meniscus tissue in my left knee. Been bugging me for a couple weeks now and it finally blew up last week. Looks like lots of airdyne, rowing, upper body and gymnastics work is in my immediate future. And I've been slacking on my push-up challenge too. :(

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I climbed 500 steps today (give or take a few), that's my butt and leg workout for the week.

ob_f84fbf_vol-ulm-descente-sotteville-sur-mer.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That's a gorgeous workout scene sylvain.

I tweaked my chest wall the other day. Felt fine until I held onto a band and tried a pistol squat. Felt something move and hurts like crazy. Still finished workout of 50 wall balls, 40 weighted lunges and 30 power snatch. Ugh. Aleve time.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That's a gorgeous workout scene sylvain.

I tweaked my chest wall the other day. Felt fine until I held onto a band and tried a pistol squat. Felt something move and hurts like crazy. Still finished workout of 50 wall balls, 40 weighted lunges and 30 power snatch. Ugh. Aleve time.

Lots of wind and fresh air as well.
    I have been riding my bicyle, or hiking on foot, on the small trail on the edge of the cliff too.

Not good if you are afraid of heights.

It can be scary at times, the trail is really close to the edge in some areas.

COTE-ETRETAT-FECAMP-MG-0231.jpg

12081172_1003760059674091_424934698_n.jpg

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I was moving cattle today and had a Gator parked at the top of the hill that decided to come down the hill and crash through the gate I was attempting to close, blew me 20ft across the pasture, no lifting for a long while now, can't even imagine what running with a sling on will be like.

Top Bottom