• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Activating different muscles. Like the other guys said, if that's too easy, keep inverting yourself, or strap on some weights to make it harder. With all of my downtime from running, I think I need to start getting in the weight room on my down days. Might not be a bad thing to put on some muscle...
    Looks like a waste of time if you can easily do pull ups.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    At the beginning of December, I weighed in at 301.2 pounds. It was my first time over 300 pounds and it made me sick. Even though I wasnt eating healthy or exercising, for whatever reason I never thought I'd hit 300. So with the help of my wife we cracked down and threw out all the garbage and set real goals. Every 10 pounds yeilded a monetary prize for extra motivation. With eating healthier and hitting the gym, I'm happy to report I'm down 50 pounds! I've fallen back in love with basketball, which has helped immensely. It gives me motivation to go back to the gym. I hate just flat running or lifting weights, I have zero patience. My goal is to lose 85 pounds and the end goal is a much bigger money prize than the 10 pounds marks, so once I hit my goal I'm going straight to the gun store :) Anyway, just wanted to provide my success (so far) story and hope to check back in at 85 pounds lost. This is going to sound cliche but if I can do it, anyone can. Sorry if this isn't the right thread for this.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    At the beginning of December, I weighed in at 301.2 pounds. It was my first time over 300 pounds and it made me sick. Even though I wasnt eating healthy or exercising, for whatever reason I never thought I'd hit 300. So with the help of my wife we cracked down and threw out all the garbage and set real goals. Every 10 pounds yeilded a monetary prize for extra motivation. With eating healthier and hitting the gym, I'm happy to report I'm down 50 pounds! I've fallen back in love with basketball, which has helped immensely. It gives me motivation to go back to the gym. I hate just flat running or lifting weights, I have zero patience. My goal is to lose 85 pounds and the end goal is a much bigger money prize than the 10 pounds marks, so once I hit my goal I'm going straight to the gun store :) Anyway, just wanted to provide my success (so far) story and hope to check back in at 85 pounds lost. This is going to sound cliche but if I can do it, anyone can. Sorry if this isn't the right thread for this.
    Awesome, well done sir!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Keep it up dude. Just remember, it's a lifestyle change. Don't quit once you reach your goal or you'll just end up right back at 300. Once you lose the weight, you need to find a good balance of diet and exercise that you love and that keeps you healthy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Stoked, I get to go on a run today. Been in Physical Therapy for 1.5 months now for insertional achilles tendonitis. Only allowed to run every other day, and it's killing me right now. Haven't seen much gains with the achilles in the last few weeks. Really hoping I don't have to have surgery to fix it.....

Goals have shifted this year from running a sub 14 hour 100 mile race to getting healthy and giving it a go next year. Starting to get frustrating watching my buddies out there killing races.

Wife said "ah, you have to run tomorrow." I corrected her. I "get" to run today. Can't wait.

I would die of boredom doing a race that long. and that's even if I was on a bicycle.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Good for you bro. I love hearing these stories.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    After 9 months of informal Jiu Jitsu at our dept "fight club" I signed up for my first class at the Indiana Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy in Greenwood. Not really that close but Clingerman is one of the best in the State so it should be worth it. Going from no Gi to Gi training will be different for sure. Fun fun fun.....

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    After 9 months of informal Jiu Jitsu at our dept "fight club" I signed up for my first class at the Indiana Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy in Greenwood. Not really that close but Clingerman is one of the best in the State so it should be worth it. Going from no Gi to Gi training will be different for sure. Fun fun fun.....

Is that the one on main st an emerson? I have looked at doing that but found my thing in crossfit. Some hand-to-hand fighting skills would be cool though

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is that the one on main st an emerson? I have looked at doing that but found my thing in crossfit. Some hand-to-hand fighting skills would be cool though

Find yourself a good Krav school. Fun, heck of a workout, and probably the most practical self-defense. I say this having practiced (at differing times) TKD, BJJ, and Shorinryu Karate since I was a kid.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy

Well done sir! Mods, please edit this man's handle to bonkers4celery!

Top Bottom