• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I tried doing ring pushups today, looked like Bambi on ice, talk about a muscle group that has never been used!

I just mastered diamond pushups, going to be a while before I get ring pushups down.

I never tried.
    Is that any different than doing push ups on your fists or on barebells?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Stoked, I get to go on a run today. Been in Physical Therapy for 1.5 months now for insertional achilles tendonitis. Only allowed to run every other day, and it's killing me right now. Haven't seen much gains with the achilles in the last few weeks. Really hoping I don't have to have surgery to fix it.....

Goals have shifted this year from running a sub 14 hour 100 mile race to getting healthy and giving it a go next year. Starting to get frustrating watching my buddies out there killing races.

Wife said "ah, you have to run tomorrow." I corrected her. I "get" to run today. Can't wait.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I tried doing push ups using two carabiners and a rope.
    It's tough! :faint:

The carabiners are a bit too small though, not as nice as rings.

It's a good set up to do that kind of thing though ... (whatever it's called).

inverted-rows.jpg

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Funny thing is, I've done one per year for a few years. No problems with that. It was the speed work training for a half marathon last year that did it. Dang young kids and their 400m repeats.

100 mile races? Uhm... Well, your tendons don't like that you say? :):

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Ive been getting into hiking lately. Thinking of doing the KT this fall over like 2 or 3 days and camping. Any way you look at it, trails rock. Don't care if it's hiking, biking, or running, I love trails.

Well, I WAS going to brag about my 8.5 mile hike today . . . but in light of the 100 mile race . . . *kicks rocks*

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Funny thing is, I've done one per year for a few years. No problems with that. It was the speed work training for a half marathon last year that did it. Dang young kids and their 400m repeats.

Your story and abilities point out how incredibly different our bodies are made. Natural aptitude for particular movements and exercises.

Me? I'm pretty good at drinking beer...

Sylvain, those are ring rows.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Your story and abilities point out how incredibly different our bodies are made. Natural aptitude for particular movements and exercises.

Me? I'm pretty good at drinking beer...

Sylvain, those are ring rows.

Thanks Doc!
    Looks like a waste of time if you can easily do pull ups.

[FONT=&quot]The ring row, or body row as it is also known, is a relatively easy ring training exercise that targets the arms and upper back muscles. It looks like an upside down push-up and is a handy starter exercise for anyone who is not yet strong enough to do pull-ups as it uses a similar muscle set but is much easier to do.[/FONT]

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I tried doing push ups using two carabiners and a rope.
    It's tough! :faint:

The carabiners are a bit too small though, not as nice as rings.

It's a good set up to do that kind of thing though ... (whatever it's called).

inverted-rows.jpg

We call them "Brocks" after Brock Lesnar. We loop handles over the pull up bar and lay down on a MT bag and then pull ourselves up.

Top Bottom