• ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Bastards! :xmad:

Like those silly tomatoes who pretend to be vegetables but are actually fruits? (well according to some people).

I thought they were the beans/nuts with the highest proteign content, maybe not.
    I don't know about the "most" protein but they are full of carbs. For those trying to drop weight, not a "go to" snack.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Nothing new to report. We are still doing circuits and then either bike or run the hill on Sundays.

Wing Chun is starting back up soon so I am looking forward to that. I hit yoga on Saturdays to keep my bag-of-broken glass body limberish.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    Are roasted peanuts a good pre/post workout snack? :dunno:

I started adding them to my diet, rich in calories and proteins.

Maybe not good to lose fat but I read they are good for bulking.I also read they are bad because they have too much fat, so idk. :dunno:

Nuts tend to absorb slowly because of their fat content. Ideally you want a quick digesting protein after your workout.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    They are beans. There are better nuts for you, Walnuts, pecans, almonds.

That they are. At least they are legumes. But as opposed ot most beans the peanut grows underground.

From the Wikipedia article:

"Peanuts are similar in taste and nutritional profile to tree nuts such as walnutsand almonds, and are often served in similar ways in Western cuisines. The botanical definition of a "nut" is a fruit whose ovary wall becomes very hard at maturity. Using this criterion, the peanut is not a nut,[SUP][5][/SUP] but rather a legume. However, for culinary purposes and in common English language usage, peanuts are usually referred to as nuts."

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I tried doing ring pushups today, looked like Bambi on ice, talk about a muscle group that has never been used!

I just mastered diamond pushups, going to be a while before I get ring pushups down.

Top Bottom