• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Since I stink terribly at push-ups and haven't been able to force myself to work on them on my own time, I joined a charity challenge last week to motivate myself. :) The challenge lasts till the end of August and my goal is to do over 10k in that time. I'm trying to get about 200 in per day, breaking them up throughout the day. Doesn't sound like much but I'm already sore... It's gonna be a long couple months. :n00b:

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Well, I'm throwing my hat in. I'm at 275, been there for the better part of 6 years and need to drop the spare tire. Last week I started hitting the treadmill for 4 miles a day for one hour. I did 4.25 in my hour today. Would like to get to 5 mph for now.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am on vacation. 13 stories of stairs.

i put on the 20# weight vest and walked up. Every half story I did five squats. On the story landing I did five push-ups. That got hard near the top

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Last Wed I participated in Jiu Jitsu at the Ohio Police and Fire Games. 3-5 minute matches was EXHAUSTING, but damn was it fun.

Then this past Saturday a team of 10 of us participated in the 3rd annual Strength in our Streets CrossFit competition hosted by my gym at IMPD training academy. 30 teams raised over 80k dollars for Wheeler Mission and Outreach Ministries. Lots of working out over the course of the morning. Really fun stuff.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Denny is the man and helped raise the dough!

My 3 month old and everything that goes with that is starting to settle in (haha), so hopefully I can get back to the gym. Nothing like stopping in and renewing your membership and not using it. :rolleyes:

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    Not much has changed in my programming in the last month or so. Did hit a 11 lb Pr on my clean and a 10lb Pr on my bench press. Snatches are coming together nicely. It seems like every week something clicks with form , pull or what ever, making the lift easier.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Are roasted peanuts a good pre/post workout snack? :dunno:

I started adding them to my diet, rich in calories and proteins.

Maybe not good to lose fat but I read they are good for bulking.I also read they are bad because they have too much fat, so idk. :dunno:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Are roasted peanuts a good pre/post workout snack? :dunno:

I started adding them to my diet, rich in calories and proteins.

Maybe not good to lose fat but I read they are good for bulking.I also read they are bad because they have too much fat, so idk. :dunno:
    They are beans. There are better nuts for you, Walnuts, pecans, almonds.

Top Bottom