Indy Kroger Employee Shoots Would-be Robber in the Face!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunpowder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Marshall County
    tel them you will go to Marsh. There is a Kroger/Marsh price war in Indy per the butcher at the local Owens/Kroger store here in Warsaw. Been going on for a few years. they are trying to get Marsh gone as it holds the Indy market.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    as sorry as I am someone had to die, I do feel as though a few too many people had been taking bullets to the face recently and living from it

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    This person made a decision to carry a gun because he valued his life and his coworkers life more than he valued his job...he will be fired or suspended...he did not break the law only their policy of no firearms...it is likely many people on here make the same choice to carry at work...i invoke my second and fifth ammendment right...that employee did the right thing...robbery in progress...crime being committed...criminal confinement ....bad guy dead...this should be a lesson to the bad guys...here are some of the comments i read on the news story though.....................

bubba13 at 11:05 PM December 26, 2011 I am sorry he had to kill him. A non lethal shot and call to 911 would have taken care of the person.

SaabDriver at 10:44 PM December 26, 2011 This store employee should be commended for taking action to protect innocent people from a

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Just heard on FOX news that the criminal did not survive. Indy police have stated that no charges would be filed. Now its just hoping that the employee isnt in danger of loosing his job.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    What does this have to do with defending a fellow employee or stopping a robbery?

I don't know how much "power" the union at Kroger has, but I hope it is enough to help the employee keep his job.

simple, it is against company rules (and the law) to steal money from the register. The union was able to get secure the jobs of these rule-breakers despite them committing a felony.

Perhaps the union will be able to stand behind the employee for breaking Kroger's anti-carry rule. I won't hold my breath, but maybe.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just heard on FOX news that the criminal did not survive. Indy police have stated that no charges would be filed. Now its just hoping that the employee isnt in danger of loosing his job.

So when is that person getting a medal? :rockwoot:

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I believe he deserves to keep his job. The guy's a hero in my eyes, and I hate all the flame against the gun community some of the people on Facebook are making on WishTV's link referring to this story. Worth reading some of them if y'all check over there.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Shared on Facebook.

I hope he does not lose his job. But moreso, I hope he and his coworker, do not lose any sleep over this long term.

The first can be replaced. The second - not so much.

Prayers for both of them, and a thank you.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    The FORUM cannot go jumping in with both feet

.. to support the hero, but IS it possible to find out about / anonymously set up a sippoort fund for him, and post that info here? I's def. up for that, plus the subsequent boycott is he gets cannned. EBG

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Not shocked... I go to this Krogers often, not the best area. I open carry in there from time to time and have never had a problem. Let this be a leason to the rest of the criminal scum out there, you never know who is ready to shoot you in the ****ing face!

jeep946

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2011
    I think that this person was way in the right to save his fellow employee and not to mention he saved Kroger lots of money. My wife just told me that they should give the employee free food for a year. lol i thought that was a good idea.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    But then, again, KROGER will know . . . . . .when WE TELL them!

I've seen that the average Kroger shopper, in non-holiday shopping, spends ≈ $20 each visit. How many "INGUN-visits" can Kroger get along without? LET KROGER KNOW !!
    I agree, and hopefully Kroger will applaud their courage, but you just never know anymore.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Lets get a name on this guy and take up donations, you KNOW Kroger is going to fire him. He'll need a high priced lawyer to fight back, the way of the new world....

Top Bottom