Indy Kroger Employee Shoots Would-be Robber in the Face!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I just got through showing all kinds of support on 2 facebook pages ,my own ,channel 6 & Kroger facebook,On Krogers facebook they instantly take off my comments,which were good worded ,but found you can comment on other differant posts and they remain,HA

If you're looking for your own comments on Kroger's FB wall, be sure to click the "Everyone" link at the top right of the feed.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Comments like this Ted guy, and the obviously mentally challenged mouth breather who called the Kroger employee a vigilante should serve us all as just another reason to carry at all times. People who think that way are truly dangerous, and there is no telling what they are capable of.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    My guess is that when the employee was pulling that gun he had no thought about if he would have a job when he was finished. He simply did what needed to be done at the time to save his life and the life of others.

So all the Facebook comments in the world should not have one bit of an effect on him. I sure that he feels justified in doing what he had to do. He came out on TOP. Who knows, if he did not carry we could be reading a completely different story about how a bad guy wounded or killed two employees of Kroger.

He drew a weapon in fear of his life... NOTHING that Kroger does to him should make him worry about that choice. He defended another innocent, and NOTHING that facebook people have to say should make him question himself.

We will never know if the perp was going to kill or hurt someone now. But what we can be SURE OF, is that he will NEVER hurt or kill someone again.

Employees went to work, all employees and shoppers went home - enough said...

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    i agree

My guess is that when the employee was pulling that gun he had no thought about if he would have a job when he was finished. He simply did what needed to be done at the time to save his life and the life of others.

So all the Facebook comments in the world should not have one bit of an effect on him. I sure that he feels justified in doing what he had to do. He came out on TOP. Who knows, if he did not carry we could be reading a completely different story about how a bad guy wounded or killed two employees of Kroger.

He drew a weapon in fear of his life... NOTHING that Kroger does to him should make him worry about that choice. He defended another innocent, and NOTHING that facebook people have to say should make him question himself.

We will never know if the perp was going to kill or hurt someone now. But what we can be SURE OF, is that he will NEVER hurt or kill someone again.

Employees went to work, all employees and shoppers went home - enough said...

:thumbsup:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    More inanity from the Sheeple:

Kate Shepherd This is my Kroger and I have to say i'm re-evaluating that. I know the man shot was allegedly attempting to rob the store, but it makes me uncomfortable to know employees may have guns...and not hesitate to use them. I'm waiting to hear what the company has to say, but am not going to be shopping there until they give some answers about what's allowed. I don't care that it's the holiday season...seems Kroger has been slow to respond. They need to work on that or risk losing business.

https://www.facebook.com/itsme62
    Mary Dewhurst He didn't just shoot just once folks. SHAME on you people for rejoicing because a young man is dead! He has a grieving family. If the so called "hero" had only fired once then yes, he would be a hero BUT he shot FOUR TIMES! That's just another ANGRY person who had a chance to take a life and did so!Angry people don't need to be carrying guns EVER! Yeah, I've said it before & I'll say it again we need tighter restrictions on guns! Before anyone says anything about "responsible" gun ownership remember one thing. KROGERS has a strict NO GUN policy so you cannot say this hero is a responsible gun owner because responsible gun owners do not take guns where they are PROHIBITED!

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Someone should put the Sheep, Sheepdogs, and wolves story in there a couple places.

I would if i could, but I'm stuck at work.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Another fun one on there is "Kc Arnold" who keeps posting that the employee will be charged, and that Kroger can have him charged even if the gun was just in his car, DESPITE the laws. She has been shown them, and scoffs at them.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The number of people calling for criminal charges against the EMPLOYEE on the Facebook comments is sickening. "He should have shot him in the leg not the face" blah blah

:puke:

Yeah, if you have time to aim at an extremity on purpose to maim you would probably be at greater risk of legal jeopardy.

A. "I was in fear of my life, I just drew and fired."

B. "Guy was robbing me, so I drew, aimed carefully at his lower legs, didn't want to kill him after all, and shot him."

With the second, the case could be made you should not have shot.

Nevermind..... common sense says to just shoot the gun out of the perps hands.... WTH it works in the movies. :rolleyes:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    When something like this happens, despite a good guy ridding the world of a career criminal (which is awesome), and the idiots come out of the woodwork with their retarded comments, it just makes me hate people even more. :xmad:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    i emailed Kroger with my support.

The Kroger Co. - Contact Us

I just posted a comment:

I recently heard about the Indianapolis employee who was able to defend himself and his store from an armed robbery. As a father and husband whose wife and children frequent your store in Plymouth, Indiana, I am grateful to this employee. I worry about my family shopping at a store, only to be victimized and possibly killed by an attacker like the one in Indianapolis. This employee reinforces my faith that Kroger will do whatever is necessary to protect it's customers. The employee also made it known to all other criminals, that their presence will not be tolerated at Kroger. His actions make your store and your customers safer, while at the same time saving Kroger money in the long run. If you are considering terminating his employment, I would urge you to reconsider. If he is terminated, I will have no choice but to take my business elsewhere, since such actions suggest that Kroger is not interested in customer safety.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    from wthr comments
    Northwest side Kroger re-opens after deadly shooting - 13 WTHR

william(me)
    8 mins ago

+3
    thumbs_up_gray.gif
    thumbs_down_gray.gif
    Share | Flag

you shoot not to kill...but shoot til the threat is elimated...placement of shot is only part of it...its not hollywood...cant just perfectly shoot and hit the gun/object out of ones hand and think all is well...but placement of shot???well in a situation like this you cant take time to aim for best place to hit someone...you point and shoot cuz youre in imediate fear of your life...what was the shooter to do 'could you please just stand there let me aim for a leg/arm or ill shoot my gun and you run?'...dont happen that way...and i hope for those of us that carry(or as wthr puts it 'pack heat') never need to draw on someone and those who choose not to carry for whatever reason be not a victim (an unarmed victim at that) who cannot defend ones self or others around....the shooter did nothing wrong legally or morally...he was put in a situation and reacted the best way he could..my $.02

exactly

Last edited:

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    looks like next time i go krogering...if i go krogering

i'll not only take my kroger plus card....but my indiana ltch plus 1 card and my glock oc...just to see what response i'll get...seeing they are anti-gun according to the handbook quoted below:ingo:

While Kroger has not commented on their policies, Fox59 has obtained information from an employee handbook:

Weapons:

• At no time are Team members of the Kroger Company to bring firearms, illegal knives, blades or weapons onto the company premises. the presence of a weapon sharply increases the chances of injury to Team Members and Customers.
    1. No team member is to bring a weapon on company premises.
      It is a violation of Kroger policy, as well as state and federal laws.
    2. Only licensed and authorized security personnel , as well as law enforcement agencies, may enter a Kroger store with a firearm.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom