• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I'm disappointed that no one has found any good deals - or maybe they are just keeping them for themselves :):
    I was planning on going a bit later today after I take a nap but I am having second thoughts. It would be nice to get to handle a few guns but I could do that at some shops and likely 1. get a better/same price, 2. get better service, 3. not have to pay to get in, and 4. not have to deal with the sea of people that I am sure will be there today. Are any of the local shops setting up booths, i.e. Bradi's, setting up shop there? I know a couple local shops are mentioned in this thread but any others?

Bradis doesnt do the shows..... they are very busy in the shop on show days.

yankeetownboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Brownsburg, in
    Ha, I was at the 1500 and saw "IT" in purple. She.. uh..He..Huh ..It, asked a vendor to hold a gun while checking the barrel with an inspection lite, I thought he was gonna have a cow! :eek:

copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    It was my first time to go to the 1500. Great place to see a lot of guns. It sure didn't seem like there were any good deals. I wanted to see a S&W 327 just to feel but, couldn't find one. No kiddin about the 1\4 mile line to get in....

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    This show was a "how does it fit me" visit where I man handled lots and lots of guns to find a perfect mate. I learned that the CZ 75B fits my hand so well I couldn't tell where I ended and it began. Pictures of it on the web do it zero justice, it's an amazing looking weapon and an ergonomic wonder, at least for me. I will be shooting one hopefully by the end of the summer once I get some things paid off.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    If you're standing at the entrance, the tannerite vendor is in the left wing, near the middle aisle, about 3/4 of the way to the back. He's got a video running showing various clips of tannerite explosions.

Actually there is another one also selling Tannerite, he's almost directly south of the above vendor, 2nd aisle from the south wall, south row of tables, about halfway (more towards the west) between concession stand and west wall.

Went there Friday with my best friend (new member ComputerGeek) and also had his wife and B.I.L. (who has down syndrome) with us, last 1500 show the main Tannerite guy with the video gave ComputerGeek a complimentary pack of it that would do 3 tennis balls because of the way ComputerGeek's b.i.l. was amazed and locked in on the video.

We still have not fired off the Tannerite, but because of the way he locks in on something that amazes him, we had to drag him away from first vendor, and when I strolled by the second stash, I had to run a covert cover opp to divert his attention to look the other way. Hated to do it, but he is the proverbial "kid in the candy shop" when it comes to Tannerite now.

Looking forward to spring to make "Make things go BOOOOOMMMMMM" as he says.

They also bout a new Taurus 709 from PSS, me I mostly grazed, bought some PB fudge, couple of combo knifes with seat belt cutter/window breaker and and a military fork/spoon/knife/can opener/bottle opener set that comes in a nice compact size.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    This place is nuts. Likely to be my last show until they move it someplace larger. You can't even move.

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    It is done!

I am finally the owner of an AR-15! I picked up a Stag, and it sure seems to have the most desirable options for a reasonable price. Hopefully it's a quality gun.

We got there at 8:15 this morning, and there was no waiting to get in, and room to move once inside. Left at 11:00 and you could barely walk around inside.....and there was a line outside around the building. The last show didn't seem that bad, but this one lost it's appeal around 10:30, due to over crowding.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I always get there really early on Saturday when I go. I pulled into the fairgrounds before 7 and didn't have to pay to park. About 5 til, there were only 30 or 40 cars in the lot. I got in line at 7 and they opened the doors shortly after. That way I get to wait inside where it isn't freezing cold for an hour instead of waiting outside for an hour. Plus that extra hour early pays huge dividends going in to the show. I head straight to the north end and blow through the first few rows quickly. Then I pretty much have the run of the place for the whole rest of the aisles. If I want to go back and look at something, I'll fight the few aisles of crowds to go back and get what I need.

I only bought 2 20 round pmags and 1 pound of powder. Also, finally bought an AR sight tool.

I wanted to get some 458 socom ammo but $2.75 + per round is highway robbery. I can load it with new brass for

.80 brass
    .40 for premium bullet
    .03 primer
    .10 powder
    $1.35 per round total and I save .80 the next time I reload it.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I just got back not too long ago. Anyone here the announcement about some kid trying to run off with a gun?? It sounded like the guy on the PA said he tried to run away with a gun that was tethered to a bunch of other ones and took everything on the table with him. Anyone see it?

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    son and I going sunday a.m. what time do they open ? ingo booth open? hope to not spend more than next weeks pay...2 weeks pay...plus tax check...plus sons egg money.. hope you folks leave a few bargains /best deal on ar's?

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    New hat and new MCFG members!

I had a good time talking to CWood and VUPDBlue at the Indiana Supply Depot booth (thanks for the good deal on the INGO hat and patches). I also was able to steer a few people towards Marion County Fish and Game (www.IndyRange.com) for a place to shoot their new toys! Win, win!

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    full auto Uzi and FNC were further motivation to find a job har har, held some Aug clone, cant remember the make, it wasnt Msar though.. it was black shorter barrel than standard and only right ejection, i liked it though but it was priced a little high. On the way out ran into a guy trying to sell a Robinson XCR, i was dumb and thought it was an FN Scar for second, but i liked it, 1300 didnt seem like a bad price, but when you've got 30 bucks in your pocket/.....

something i noticed, a lot of cheap chinese knockoff optics being sold, sellers were upfront about them not being genuine, but im not sure they would tell the unknowing, $200 eotech knock off, it was a good knock off but still a knock off no thanks, also tons of AR uppers and BCG's were unlabeled

it was a good day though

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I just got back not too long ago. Anyone here the announcement about some kid trying to run off with a gun?? It sounded like the guy on the PA said he tried to run away with a gun that was tethered to a bunch of other ones and took everything on the table with him. Anyone see it?

I saw some strings on the ground and a little commotion. A guy on the customer side was picking up a glob of strings and putting them back on the table. I didn't see the seller get bent out of shape other than an eye roll basically. The seller looked over a derringer like maybe it went to the floor with the glob of string. Didn't think much of it other than maybe it was an accident. Then I heard the announcement later. Walked back by the table later again and saw the seller messing around with the string. All the guns on that table looked like they were cheapo derringers, and other pot metal guns. Don't know why someone would risk getting caught stealing any of them.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I had a good time talking to CWood and VUPDBlue at the Indiana Supply Depot booth (thanks for the good deal on the INGO hat and patches).

I also got to meet CWood at his booth. Very nice guy and he gave me a couple more INGO stickers. He said VUPDBlue had been there but was off powdering his nose or something to that effect. :D

Picked up a sling and mounts for my AR from Savvy Sniper. Was looking for the Magpul AFG but found only one table that had any and it wasn't the color I needed.

Top Bottom