• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No good deals? What you talking about, Willis?

There were smoking hot deals on Remington 51s and Savage 1907 (great emerging market investment guns).

Smith MP15/22s for only $399.

Great gear too. I bought a new 4 pistol yellow Pelican case and two new Army issue Polartec fleece jackets, one black, one "foliage green". The jacket dealer said she would bring more back in March (they were overruns) for only $45.

polartec%20jacket.jpg

I bought a couple of books (a new cowboy gun book that I had not encountered) and odds and ends (some slings/carry straps, the soft ones so the long guns don't slide on your shoulders).

No one had any Birchwood & Casey Barricades though. Oh, well, there's always Brownell's.

Oh, I sold a Colt Trooper .22 safequeen. It went quick. I walked about with a sign on my back and it worked!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    No good deals? What you talking about, Willis?

There were smoking hot deals on Remington 51s and Savage 1907 (great emerging market investment guns).

Smith MP15/22s for only $399.

Great gear too. I bought a new 4 pistol yellow Pelican case and two new Army issue Polartec fleece jackets, one black, one "foliage green". The jacket dealer said she would bring more back in March (they were overruns) for only $45.

polartec%20jacket.jpg

I bought a couple of books (a new cowboy gun book that I had not encountered) and odds and ends (some slings/carry straps, the soft ones so the long guns don't slide on your shoulders).

No one had any Birchwood & Casey Barricades though. Oh, well, there's always Brownell's.

Oh, I sold a Colt Trooper .22 safequeen. It went quick. I walked about with a sign on my back and it worked!

It wasn't a nickel .22 magnum 6" I hope? Been looking for one of those for awhile.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I do have one kind of strange happening. A guy had a Kimber Raptor in his glass covered case that I was admiring. He takes it out and hands it to me without me asking. I noticed that the mag was inserted and there was no zip tie or lock of any type so I did what I ALWAYS DO when some body hands me a gun. I assume it is loaded and rack the slide to make sure that it is clear. The guy has a seizure. Says ATF will be all over my + as well as his and that I should never do that in a gun show. I politely told him that ANY TIME someone hands me a gun, I have always and will always do the same. Handed him back his $1300.00 Kimber, he gave me a strange look and put a zip tie on it and put it back in the case. I'll have to wait till next time to buy my Raptor.

That was you?? My dad and I were standing right there and watched that unfold.....I couldn't believe it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Relax, sgt., it was a blued .22lr. I already have a baziilion Smith .22 revolvers so why have a .22 revolver that spins the wrong way?:D

Yeah, I don't understand the whining about the "lack of great deals" at the 1500. There were dozens that I saw, and missed maybe another dozen.

I think people:

1. get scope lock and focus only on what they want right now.
    2. look for the wrong thing. The 1500 is not the place to look for the brand new Ruger or Glock.
    3. Don't know their markets.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    Crazy stupid crowded between 12-3, most unenjoyable, what a mess,

Went to Sharktec to get a holster for my Witness Match, they ended up making me a good holster but it took them almost 4 hours, they made it wrong the fist time so they added what they call a sweat guard, but we all know if its for me its a belly guard, but they adjusted the tension exactly like I wanted, and because of the odd construction of mine I will be able to adjust it more for height my holster is uniqe but it may be the coming thing. I'll let you know after this UPSA season

nothing personal but shark tac is ******* s that ripped off the raven after hey helped him screw them bastards they charge more for lesser quality

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    I do have one kind of strange happening. A guy had a Kimber Raptor in his glass covered case that I was admiring. He takes it out and hands it to me without me asking. I noticed that the mag was inserted and there was no zip tie or lock of any type so I did what I ALWAYS DO when some body hands me a gun. I assume it is loaded and rack the slide to make sure that it is clear. The guy has a seizure. Says ATF will be all over my + as well as his and that I should never do that in a gun show. I politely told him that ANY TIME someone hands me a gun, I have always and will always do the same. Handed him back his $1300.00 Kimber, he gave me a strange look and put a zip tie on it and put it back in the case. I'll have to wait till next time to buy my Raptor.

HAHA!!!!! That guy complained about you to me. Cracked me up. I was looking at those Kimbers with a INGO stalker i met in line cuz he was there to buy one. That seller was a D!(K. Prices werent that reasonable and was kinda off....i would never buy something from someone i couldnt have a reasonable conversation with.

Had a good time at the show though. I drank the Magpul Kool-Aid.......cwood is right, its delicious.

Last edited:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I'm not real sure why Magpul and Kool-Aid are mentioned in the same sentence?

Last edited:

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    so are pictures allowed there or not, i was snapping some, no flash, i wasnt being sneaky or anything since its a gun show i figure people there are probably into the other Rights as well, an older guy at a booth told me that although he didnt care, someone else may yell at me for it, i'd like to know next time,
    as far as the serial number thing...someone could take a picture of your license plate number and report it stolen too, is that a concern anyone has.. no.. pfft not to mention you could just right it on paper, there is nothing to hide.. k rant over

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    so are pictures allowed there or not, i was snapping some, no flash, i wasnt being sneaky or anything since its a gun show i figure people there are probably into the other Rights as well, an older guy at a booth told me that although he didnt care, someone else may yell at me for it, i'd like to know next time,
    as far as the serial number thing...someone could take a picture of your license plate number and report it stolen too, is that a concern anyone has.. no.. pfft not to mention you could just right it on paper, there is nothing to hide.. k rant over
    I saw (Len "some of you may know him") Flip his lid over it at a show here in South Bend.
    I believe he pointed out a sighn to the patron that said no picture taking, I don't know the rules on it, but he caused quite a ruccas.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I saw a few things I took note of at the 1500 -

1. The magnetic pistol holders. I grabbed a flyer about them, but the name of the place slips me at the moment.

They looked to be a pretty good idea for a backup stash, or mounting in your pickup truck or something.

2. The kids selling the auto seat holsters that place the holster between your legs in your car, via some sort of seat belt configuration. My thought was, what a piece of crap.

3. Someone had created these things made from paracord that looked like bracelets-maybe 8 inches unfolded. There were several colors to choose from. They were wrapped well enough they would have held some serious weight, and would have made useful to hang things from on your pack. The only problem? They used some flaky plastic clips to attach the two points together. One good grab, and I would bet on breakage. I passed on them. Metal clips, and I would have bought a few of them.

woodchuck4950

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Danville, IN
    Attended on Friday. Arrived an hour before open, got in line 20 minutes before open ... in the door in about 10~15 minutes once the line started moving. Picked up a couple of books. Noticed some guys hawking the same crap they had back in October. Interesting ... some folks are as nice as can be, others are complete (fill in appropriate description here). Definitely a bigger selection of EBR stuff, but I'm waiting to attend the AR15 open house later this month and learning a little more before I decide on a purchase. Looked Hi and low for an INGO booth but was disappointed not to see it, as I want to become a site supporter. Even took a second lap thru just to make sure ... if there was one, I missed it. FWIW, Perhaps next time you INGO guys could put a post on when/where you can be found.

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    I saw a few things I took note of at the 1500 -

1. The magnetic pistol holders. I grabbed a flyer about them, but the name of the place slips me at the moment.

They looked to be a pretty good idea for a backup stash, or mounting in your pickup truck or something.

2. The kids selling the auto seat holsters that place the holster between your legs in your car, via some sort of seat belt configuration. My thought was, what a piece of crap.

3. Someone had created these things made from paracord that looked like bracelets-maybe 8 inches unfolded. There were several colors to choose from. They were wrapped well enough they would have held some serious weight, and would have made useful to hang things from on your pack. The only problem? They used some flaky plastic clips to attach the two points together. One good grab, and I would bet on breakage. I passed on them. Metal clips, and I would have bought a few of them.

fastholster i believe was the name of it

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington

we should meet up as I make all sorts of paracord goodness and could probably make what you want.;)

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    Attended on Friday. Arrived an hour before open, got in line 20 minutes before open ... in the door in about 10~15 minutes once the line started moving. Picked up a couple of books. Noticed some guys hawking the same crap they had back in October. Interesting ... some folks are as nice as can be, others are complete (fill in appropriate description here). Definitely a bigger selection of EBR stuff, but I'm waiting to attend the AR15 open house later this month and learning a little more before I decide on a purchase. Looked Hi and low for an INGO booth but was disappointed not to see it, as I want to become a site supporter. Even took a second lap thru just to make sure ... if there was one, I missed it. FWIW, Perhaps next time you INGO guys could put a post on when/where you can be found.

They did'nt have an actual booth friday but they were there with Indiana Supply Depot and Tactical Shotgunner. i know VUPDBlue and Shooter521 were there

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    fastholster i believe was the name of it
    yeah, that's it. I talked to Cwood about them. He said they have been discussed here, but I haven't looked for it yet. I nearly bought one, but I wanted to see opinions about them first. Anyone have one and used it? Does it affect the finish of a firearm? They are magnetically shielded on the bottom too.

Top Bottom