• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Um....is there a law mandating COVID vaccines?
    Start with post 83. (Not being a dick, that’s just where it’s linked to be in the courts)

Nobody said there’s a law on the books, but it is being decided by gov as we speak.

Jokes about fake vaccine passports were made, then route said he never imagined conservatives supporting skirting a law, a post that you liked (and, for the most part, I agree with... but skirting unconstitutional laws is as American as freedom itself is).

Bob said he never thought conservatives would be happy about unjust and unconstitutional laws, and you questioned which laws he was referencing. He wasn’t referencing a law per se, but replying to a comment about skirting the law, which was a reply to fake vaccine passports. That’s when I replied “the ones we’re skirting”, as in, “he was replying to the comment about conservatives skirting laws”... not saying there’s an active law on the books.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Most employees are "At Will" employees.
    That means they can quit any time,
    And the employer can discharge them at any time.

They aren't under contract, so no obligation to an employee that endangers coworkers & their families.

No matter what your ego tells you, you ARE replaceable...
    It's a shame people are forced to fire employees for being stupid and selfish.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

They aren't under contract, so no obligation to an employee that endangers coworkers & their families.

It's a shame that people are being paid an extra $300/week on top of unemployment benefits (which have also been extended) to sit home on their asses when businesses can't get people to fill their open positions, even after offering $15 an hour plus signing bonuses for minimum wage type jobs.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Start with post 83. (Not being a dick, that’s just where it’s linked to be in the courts)

Nobody said there’s a law on the books, but it is being decided by gov as we speak.

Jokes about fake vaccine passports were made, then route said he never imagined conservatives supporting skirting a law, a post that you liked (and, for the most part, I agree with... but skirting unconstitutional laws is as American as freedom itself is).

Bob said he never thought conservatives would be happy about unjust and unconstitutional laws, and you questioned which laws he was referencing. He wasn’t referencing a law per se, but replying to a comment about skirting the law, which was a reply to fake vaccine passports. That’s when I replied “the ones we’re skirting”, as in, “he was replying to the comment about conservatives skirting laws”... not saying there’s an active law on the books.
    I get the context, but if we are calling out unconstitutional laws shouldn't we be able to cite...an unconstitutional law? I mean...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I get the context, but if we are calling out unconstitutional laws shouldn't we be able to cite...an unconstitutional law? I mean...
    Vaccine mandate = discussion = someone said they’d skirt it = someone said conservatives shouldn’t be happy to skirt laws = someone said they’d be skirting unconstitutional laws.

It was never said that there was an unconstitutional law. It was all in relation to vaccine mandate laws.

But. If you must. Red flag laws seem pretty unconstitutional. So. There’s that

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

613436E1-0C8E-4D10-94C0-64C2808FD32F.jpeg5477B421-8769-4CE2-8917-C9FBD1A5148E.jpeg

Yes. You are stupid. And selfish.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Vaccine mandate = discussion = someone said they’d skirt it = someone said conservatives shouldn’t be happy to skirt laws = someone said they’d be skirting unconstitutional laws.

It was never said that there was an unconstitutional law. It was all in relation to vaccine mandate laws.

But. If you must. Red flag laws seem pretty unconstitutional. So. There’s that
    What law?

Employer rules are not law. They are an exercise of private property rights. Is it a proper exercise? Not a proper exercise? Should they do it? Should they not? All up for debate and I have a tendency to want people to make their own decisions.

...but employer mandates are not "law".

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    What law?

Employer rules are not law. They are an exercise of private property rights. Is it a proper exercise? Not a proper exercise? Should they do it? Should they not? All up for debate and I have a tendency to want people to make their own decisions.

Touchè. You win.

So.

Skirting the rules then. :)

But. Post 89 referenced “conservatives skirting the law” and you liked that post. Why didn’t you take issue with the word law in that post? It was directed at skirting the vaccine mandate.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I will be very interested to see if companies actually go about firing people for not getting the gene therapies.

Specifically, who do they think they will be able to hire to replace the fired people? It's not like there are people beating down their doors looking for a job!

No this is how the minimum wage jobs are going to get filled finally lol

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    What law?

JFC …. Does everything have to be a pedantic shot show?

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    No this is how the minimum wage jobs are going to get filled finally lol
    Which minimum wage jobs are you referring to? There are none because yo cannot hire someone at the minimum wage. There is no demand for min wage jobs!

Supply and demand are not negotiable.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Which minimum wage jobs are you referring to? There are none because yo cannot hire someone at the minimum wage. There is no demand for min wage jobs!

For now, just wait till basically every halfway decent company mandates the vaccine. Plenty of people will be looking for work.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    What law?

The White House is openly pressuring private employers to mandate it to get around any real legal challenges.

this is in clear violation of the spirit of the law. The abortion cases have given some pretty interesting case law regarding bodily autonomy and the governments meddling in it.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    JFC …. Does everything have to be a pedantic shot show?
    I didn’t think he was arguing? I think he was trying to prove a point, which he did, that there’s a difference in law and company policy. I didn’t take it as us arguing, I think hough is smart enough to know I wasn’t upset when discussing with him, just trying to find the words to explain what I meant, and he was trying to make me prove his point for him. I enjoy discussing stuff with hough.

But I am curious why he didn’t point out the law statement in the comment he “liked” but chose to with us ;)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Good, sorta. Maybe this will stop them from trying to raise the minimum wage. Now we can say “there’s plenty of unskilled talentless jobs paying $15/hour”

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The White House is openly pressuring private employers to mandate it to get around any real legal challenges.

this is in clear violation of the spirit of the law. The abortion cases have given some pretty interesting case law regarding bodily autonomy and the governments meddling in it.
    This. For now its the COVID vaccine, then the Flu, then whatever new "dangerous" thing the pharma companies can produce a vaccine for and it will be pushed by all worthwhile employers under the guise of saving the children and elderly from selfish people who question the necessity of the vaccine of the month.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A buddy of mine works for Cox Automotive / Next Gear Capital. They told employees they have until mid October to get the jab. From what he said, the company is threatening to deny pensions, bonuses and other company investments/perks if employees leave over not getting vaccinated.

I can't imagine that's legal.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom