• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    As a 50+ year union member I think you would have trouble finding 1 employee willing to risk a paycheck. I stuck my neck out too many times while my brothers watched my head cut off.
    I agree that there will be people that fold.
    But I also see businesses barely getting by.
    And I also see people asking, why are they working.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As a 50+ year union member I think you would have trouble finding 1 employee willing to risk a paycheck. I stuck my neck out too many times while my brothers watched my head cut off.
    My union has already folded and is requiring the vaccine for training in certain areas already.

seems they are abdicating their duty to represent the membership

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I asked the rhetorical question on the comments sections of one of the ignorant articles, if we aren`t, beginning September 1, going to allow ONLY patients, guests and vendors into the hospital that are "fully vaccinated", stating that anything otherwise would be extremely hypocritical. Got mostly thumbs down, as I expected. There are a LOT of pro-corporation, liberal, brain-dead sheep there. I had hoped my supervision would address this post with me, but so far, nothing. Speaking with a member of management today, I heard about a LOT of ignorant, perverse, racist crap the corporation is pushing anew, and I`m finished with the politically correct ******** there. Period. I retired early from lilly to get away from the same sick, perverse, corporate domineering crap, and I certainly won`t tolerate it from these sickos.
    Greg, honest question, is it coming that IU Health won’t let you in the door if you’re not vaccinated? My wife gets MRI’s at the neuro building about every 4-5 months for a checkup on her brain tumor surgery and I’d hate t,o have to find another place to go. We really like her neuro-oncologist there. Not trying to thread jack, but I’ve honestly been concerned about this for a while. Thanks.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Several of my friends work in manufacturing, many in auto parts suppliers. Their employers are, so far, not mandating the vaccine but are doing an Type A/Type B employee thing. Type A is fully vaccinated and once they voluntarily show proof of that, that's all that's required of them. Type B employees must have a temperature check at the door, must wear a mask while in the building, and if they go out with symptoms must have a negative test to come back. I suspect many non-healthcare providers will go that route. If you have a religious, ADA, or ideological reason that's fine, you can remain a Type B.

We are not mandated yet, nor doing any dual "typing".

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    10 hospitals went on diversion this week because of a nursing shortage. If covid picks back up again like it did this winter it could be bad news for the hospitals. I hope that the nurses that don't want the shot realize they have power if they stand strong, the hospitals cannot afford to loose any of them. I'm glad my wife was fortunate enough to get an exemption, I'm not sure if she would've had enough backbone to take a stand if she didn't get the exemption.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Several of my friends work in manufacturing, many in auto parts suppliers. Their employers are, so far, not mandating the vaccine but are doing an Type A/Type B employee thing. Type A is fully vaccinated and once they voluntarily show proof of that, that's all that's required of them. Type B employees must have a temperature check at the door, must wear a mask while in the building, and if they go out with symptoms must have a negative test to come back. I suspect many non-healthcare providers will go that route. If you have a religious, ADA, or ideological reason that's fine, you can remain a Type B.

We are not mandated yet, nor doing any dual "typing".

They couldn't even get all of us to mask.
    I have ZERO about vaccinations.

Course, I can work all shift and not see anyone if I want that (to not see anyone)

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    10 hospitals went on diversion this week because of a nursing shortage. If covid picks back up again like it did this winter it could be bad news for the hospitals. I hope that the nurses that don't want the shot realize they have power if they stand strong, the hospitals cannot afford to loose any of them. I'm glad my wife was fortunate enough to get an exemption, I'm not sure if she would've had enough backbone to take a stand if she didn't get the exemption.

The nursing shortage is effecting most every type of nursing, I foresee hospitals either re-accepting LPNs to the bedside, or lots more diversion. Hell, even hospice, home health, and nursing homes are short nurses.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I believe that is diverting patients to other hospitals due to a staffing or other type of patient load issue.

Correct. It means they are full. They will still take an emergency that shows up on their doorstep, but ambulances are directed to go elsewhere by default and non-immediate emergencies are told to go elsewhere. Note that sometimes only certain services are on diversion, like the mental health unit could be on diversion while the ER remained open.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Biden announces COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all federal employees, asks Pentagon to 'look into' approving mandate for military​

Guess I'm glad I already got mine, but this is BS. Glad I'm still approved (for now) to work from home for the foreseeable future.

"You want to know how we put this virus behind us?" Biden said Thursday. "We need to get more people vaccinated."

Yeah right. I believe that about as much as I believe "2 weeks to flatten the curve". :rolleyes:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The way to put this virus behind us is to vote out every single Democrat at every level of government across the country. It would probably go a long way in reducing crime, reducing homelessness, reducing unemployment, and just about every other social ill which are the real plagues in this country.

Of course, that would also require that elections are conducted as prescribed by the Constitution/constitutions of the U.S. and all the states.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Greg, honest question, is it coming that IU Health won’t let you in the door if you’re not vaccinated? My wife gets MRI’s at the neuro building about every 4-5 months for a checkup on her brain tumor surgery and I’d hate t,o have to find another place to go. We really like her neuro-oncologist there. Not trying to thread jack, but I’ve honestly been concerned about this for a while. Thanks.
    I`m sorry buddy, I promise, I did NOT mean to stir things up. I was being sarcastic when I asked that rhetorical question. IU would NEVER deny anyone entry or treatment, for ANY reason. You and your wife are more than fine to come in at any time and you`ll be treated with respect and be cared for very well. My sincerest apologies.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I`m sorry buddy, I promise, I did NOT mean to stir things up. I was being sarcastic when I asked that rhetorical question. IU would NEVER deny anyone entry or treatment, for ANY reason. You and your wife are more than fine to come in at any time and you`ll be treated with respect and be cared for very well. My sincerest apologies.
    No problem. Stranger things have happened.

Taylor22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 3, 2016
    Morgan county
    How will it impact vendors doing business in their facilities?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    How will it impact vendors doing business in their facilities?
    No impact whatsoever. Although IU Health WILL mandate that in order to be employed, one MUST inject an experimental vaccine into their system, they will NOT run a potential buck out of the building...

ninepntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2019
    Newton co
    The way to put this virus behind us is to vote out every single Democrat at every level of government across the country. It would probably go a long way in reducing crime, reducing homelessness, reducing unemployment, and just about every other social ill which are the real plagues in this country.

Of course, that would also require that elections are conducted as prescribed by the Constitution/constitutions of the U.S. and all the states.

This has so much truth to it. I really am scared for the future.

They can keep stealing elections and just trouncing our god given constitutional rights.

When are people gonna wake up?

We are screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom