Indiana Black Expo, what are you doing to get ready?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Maybe I'll hit up the white expo when it comes around...
    You're going to the Brickyard?? :D

depends on the crowd i guess. the whole issue started bc i danced with a black girl. i felt like it was 1950s alabama, but reversed. :):
    Apparently you haven't been to Alabama lately. Not much has changed. ;)

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    I've spent the better part of 20 years of my life in one aspect or another in Public Safety. You have how much experience in such?

Then it should be easy for you to utilize the expertise and access such experience has given you, and provide the actual facts he keeps asking for.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have been to AL a few times and have a crazy ex fiance from there and family that is there..... part's of it are a culture shock for sure........

They have armed security that HAVE to guard the civil rights monuments............

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Everyone keeps saying they are staying away from downtown this weekend. Its a 2 weekend event. The trouble that you see is next weekend when a majority of the fesitivies are going on. Exibits, free concert...etc etc...

Btw imo this thread has went downhill.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I have been to AL a few times and have a crazy ex fiance from there and family that is there..... part's of it are a culture shock for sure........

They have armed security that HAVE to guard the civil rights monuments............

I used to live there, and have a large amount of family still there. Let me tell you, racism on both sides is ALIVE and WELL. The women can be smoking H O T, just find the ones with teeth and you're golden :D

Mild thread-jack: I wouldn't live there again. Everything is poisonous (black widow spiders, cottonmouth snakes, copperhead snakes...you name it, they most likely have it). Road-rage happens alot---not that I blame them when the weather is a perpetual 90 degrees F and 90% humidity.

/END THREAD-JACK

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I used to live there, and have a large amount of family still there. Let me tell you, racism on both sides is ALIVE and WELL. The women can be smoking H O T, just find the ones with teeth and you're golden :D

Mild thread-jack: I wouldn't live there again. Everything is poisonous (black widow spiders, cottonmouth snakes, copperhead snakes...you name it, they most likely have it). Road-rage happens alot---not that I blame them when the weather is a perpetual 90 degrees F and 90% humidity.

/END THREAD-JACK

:+1:

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    LAME. Focus your insults on the person you are debating with. Entirely uncalled for :noway:

It was a quasi facetious commentary based upon a statement by another poster. So it really had noting to do with the debate that was occurring at the time. I probably should have put it in purple, but my color selection known to many on this board, sucks.

Though, it really wasn't an insult, considering the inflammatory commentary of LE by the aforementioned parties.

I will also admit that it was done for a degree of personal humor, as I quite expected that one of the parties to respond with an iron man attitude that he would never require LE's assistance; because he was bigger, badder, better prepared, better armed, etc.

After going through the posts, I was correct in my prediction, and did get a chuckle.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    It was a quasi facetious commentary based upon a statement by another poster. So it really had noting to do with the debate that was occurring at the time. I probably should have put it in purple, but my color selection known to many on this board, sucks.

Though, it really wasn't an insult, considering the inflammatory commentary of LE by the aforementioned parties.

I will also admit that it was done for a degree of personal humor, as I quite expected that one of the parties to respond with an iron man attitude that he would never require LE's assistance; because he was bigger, badder, better prepared, better armed, etc.

After going through the posts, I was correct in my prediction, and did get a chuckle.

I understand your premise, but your execution was terrible. I simply think your statements, then and now, are in poor-taste and "inflammatory". :twocents:

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Then it should be easy for you to utilize the expertise and access such experience has given you, and provide the actual facts he keeps asking for.

It was a bit difficult, considering it was a Friday night, with the INDYGOV offices closed.

Though, the stated argument was based upon rational correlation of event attendance, and not upon an irrational view that the Black Expo consumed more governmental resources due to crime.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I understand your premise, but your execution was terrible. I simply think your statements, then and now, are in poor-taste and "inflammatory". :twocents:

As Aesop was so enlightened, he was correct upon his assessment that one cannot please all the people, all the time. This, despite the perception to some of its basis in truth.

I will, however, acquiesce to your assessment of the statement's execution.

bmmonts76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Indy
    Guess I should have kept reading before posting the last post. I get where you are coming from Hornaday. Except the Blues comment.:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom