• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Agreed.

I'm a bit confused as to what you are arguing for, other than the fact that everyone is wrong.

Pointing out all of the opposing arguments for what they really are. Nothing more than one group of people trying to make others live by their moral code. They're more than happy to legislate their morals and cry foul when others do the same. Expansion of government has nothing to do with it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So, you're not willing to form an opinion? Just prefer to stand on the sidelines and sling insults without bothering to offer a differing opinion or solution?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Pointing out all of the opposing arguments for what they really are. Nothing more than one group of people trying to make others live by their moral code. They're more than happy to legislate their morals and cry foul when others do the same. Expansion of government has nothing to do with it.

All laws are an attempt to force others to live by a moral code.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So, you're not willing to form an opinion? Just prefer to stand on the sidelines and sling insults without bothering to offer a differing opinion or solution?

I have a strong opinion on those kinds of marriage. I just don't think it is your duty as an agent of the state to make my opinion everyone else's.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I didn't realize his parents were married. This isn't a glib comment. I just didn't think they were.

Ya know - I never looked that one up... still haven't...

So what you're telling me is that he's not only going to bring down society - but he might be the BASTARD that's gonna bring down society??? (evil grin)

truthfully still don't know. Someone can feel free to enlighten me one way or the other...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    All laws are an attempt to force others to live by a moral code.

Which is great when your in the majority on every opinion. What happens the majority thinks the Koran should be the way to legislate? You just suck it up? I don't believe in fashioning the very weapon that will be used to cut my own throat.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Which is great when your in the majority on every opinion. What happens the majority thinks the Koran should be the way to legislate? You just suck it up? I don't believe in fashioning the very weapon that will be used to cut my own throat.

I doubt any old, 225 year old piece of paper will influence their governance any.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not with the current crop of 'liberty loving' statists forcing their agendas down everyone's throat. Until their own ox is gored, then it's a different tune.

They're just coming to take over and leave you alone......after they get their court decisions to force you to act right.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Recognizing the futility of a ban doesn't constitute an endorsement. Going home and poking a family member does.

These bans are no different than a guy doing nothing while his neighbor beats his wife. When asked, he says, "hey, I support a ban on wife beating". Which leads to the crux of the issue. The ban accomplishes nothing and if the act is so abhorrent that it can't be allowed to go on, what do you propose to stop it? Lock up one or all of the actors permanently so that it cannot happen again? Kill them? Or pass a ban that accomplishes nothing other than giving one a sense of moral superiority?

Isn't that what we do with murderers? Perhaps the stated objective of "deterrence" isn't met, but while incarcerated, the criminal isn't free to inflict his "immorality" on the rest of the society. Isn't that about all we can hope for in a system of laws?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

What do you think is the rational function of a government other than to make people live by a "moral code" of whatever type. The difference at this point is that heretofore local and state citizens were fairly free to define the "moral code" as they chose - right or wrong. Now we have our "moral code" being imposed from the top down.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I have a strong opinion on those kinds of marriage. I just don't think it is your duty as an agent of the state to make my opinion everyone else's.

I'm not on here as an agent of the state and I don't attempt to make anyone's opinion belong to anyone else. I do hear regular accusations that conservatives are the root of all evil yet those throwing the stones rarely offer a counter opinion.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Isn't that what we do with murderers? Perhaps the stated objective of "deterrence" isn't met, but while incarcerated, the criminal isn't free to inflict his "immorality" on the rest of the society. Isn't that about all we can hope for in a system of laws?

I'm pretty sure murdering someone violated the rights of that person. How are your rights violated when Adam and Steve get married?

Top Bottom