INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by hornadylnl
    Anti Polygamy laws have effectively halted orgies and multiple adults living under the same roof.

Someone needs to tell my neighbors across the street.

Wait..... which part?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Like it or not, legalization is a form of endorsement. Just because some people do illegal things does not mean more people will not do it when it's legal.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    ​Yes. That's exactly what I said.

Recognizing the futility of a ban doesn't constitute an endorsement. Going home and poking a family member does.

These bans are no different than a guy doing nothing while his neighbor beats his wife. When asked, he says, "hey, I support a ban on wife beating". Which leads to the crux of the issue. The ban accomplishes nothing and if the act is so abhorrent that it can't be allowed to go on, what do you propose to stop it? Lock up one or all of the actors permanently so that it cannot happen again? Kill them? Or pass a ban that accomplishes nothing other than giving one a sense of moral superiority?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That isn't true at all.

If one supports free speech, does that mean he endorses bigotry and bullying?

If one supports freedom of worship, does that mean he endorses Satanism?

Let me re-phrase: Legalization is viewed by many as an endorsement, by the government, of the activity.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Miley Cyrus is viewed by many as a talented entertainer.

I'm free not to boink or marry family members or other dudes and hold an opinion of Miley's (lack of) talent. But that's not enough for the nannies. They need to control the opinions and actions of others.

I find homosexuality, incest and polygamy to be wrong. I do my part by not participating in those actions. Anything beyond that is merely satisfying my own conscience.

Top Bottom