• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Question for the working stiffs out there:

How many of your tax dollars do you wish to be spent incarcerating siblings who can't keep their hands off each other?

For me that number is $0.00, like all arbitrary victimless crimes. I'm curious where the "small government conservatives" stand.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Why is this so hard to understand?
    No, we can't practically legally punish relatives for boinking each other, but we also don't need the state to call their perversion a marriage.
    But let someone like me say that, and I am either some kind of nut, a stick in the mud, or phony conservative.
    What's up is down, and what's down is up.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Why is this so hard to understand?
    No, we can't practically legally punish relatives for boinking each other, but we also don't need the state to call their perversion a marriage.
    But let someone like me say that, and I am either some kind of nut, a stick in the mud, or phony conservative.
    What's up is down, and what's down is up.

I understand perfectly. Denying them a license makes you FEEL better.

What is the state's interest in calling anything a marriage?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I understand perfectly. Denying them a license makes you FEEL better.

What is the state's interest in calling anything a marriage?

Control. If they regulate it then they control it.

But we're on the road to calling everything marriage. Then the government can regulate all forms of human relationship?

I thought removing barriers leads to more liberty??? I mean, laws recognizing same-sex unions = double plus good, right?

Right?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    When I feel like the government sufficiently protects me from the ones who would do me actual tangible harm, then I'll give some consideration to those who would do me theoretical or perceived harm.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't care what consenting adults do to one another. The great news is that this is the first step in a long road where small business owners get sued for refusing to bake cakes that say "I'm banging my sister", we get to hear news stories about how Sibling Boinkers of America are rallying for special privileges and the politicians can ignore important topics and focus on how special this newly created special interest group gets to be . Can we at least get the incest pride parade combined with the other pride parades that we'll all be forced to attend while smiling and waiving? I'd prefer not to have to try to find a place to park downtown all that often.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I don't care what consenting adults do to one another. The great news is that this is the first step in a long road where small business owners get sued for refusing to bake cakes that say "I'm banging my sister", we get to hear news stories about how Sibling Boinkers of America are rallying for special privileges and the politicians can ignore important topics and focus on how special this newly created special interest group gets to be . Can we at least get the incest pride parade combined with the other pride parades that we'll all be forced to attend while smiling and waiving? I'd prefer not to have to try to find a place to park downtown all that often.

And it won't end there. We can't imagine the dazzling future awaiting us!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Where was the outcry when heterosexual couples called for the special privileges that came when government recognized marriage?

I'm all for getting government out of the marriage business. Can those who oppose non traditional marriage say the same? No, their answer is more government.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Keep the gov't out of my family affairs.

Sigmund+Freud.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Where was the outcry when heterosexual couples called for the special privileges that came when government recognized marriage?

I'm all for getting government out of the marriage business. Can those who oppose non traditional marriage say the same? No, their answer is more government.

And from what I've witnessed here on INGO, those whom support non-traditional marriage support more government as well.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

I wasn't there. I don't care if the government recognizes marriage or not. I'd prefer to be left alone but apparently that makes me part of a minority as every special interest group which can possibly be imagined is forming support groups and lobbying efforts.

Nothing pays quite like victim status.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I oppose the courts making what amounts to constitutional amendments on things that should be left to the people and the states.

Do you oppose the ADA which requires accommodations be made for the disabled on the grounds that it was an expansion of government?

After all, the small government conservative rallying cry here is to prevent special privileges or groups. If the government shouldn't be able to force me to bake a cake, they shouldn't be able to force me to provide a close parking space for a 400 pound fatass too lazy to walk.

Most car loan companies have stipulations that prevent the borrower from taking a vehicle out of country yet the government invalidates those stipulations for a select few. Do we oppose that on the grounds that it expands government?

We can go on and on about special groups or privileges that have become societal norms. The opposition to gay, incestual or polygamist marriage on the grounds of it expanding government would have some merit if those making that argument weren't so bitterly clinging to their own special privileges.

Let's let the issue be the issue and quit using false arguments of why we oppose those marriages.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    After all, the small government conservative rallying cry here is to prevent special privileges or groups. If the government shouldn't be able to force me to bake a cake, they shouldn't be able to force me to provide a close parking space for a 400 pound fatass too lazy to walk.

Agreed.

I'm a bit confused as to what you are arguing for, other than the fact that everyone is wrong.

Top Bottom