I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Hello everyone. I am making this post because I have to. I found out about your community from a buddy of mine. I have been looking for a <redacted>. My friend found one on here and I looked it up. I tried sending an email to the OP, that didn't work. Then I tried to PM them and again it failed. I am sorry if I am offending anyone but I think it is stupid that I can't contact this person without posting comments. I just want to buy a new pistol for my birthday and I can't. I understand that this rule is probably in place for a reason, I just think it sucks! I've put in my 2 cents, sorry for wasting your time.

"From now on your pledge name will be.....Flounder!" :rockwoot:

...I couldn't help it....sorry, I just watched some scenes from 1977's "Animal House"

Welcome and stick around...it gets better!

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    You know, I came here just for the classifieds. Had a gun I wanted to sell so I started posting to make my 50. After I got to about 10 posts, I said screw it and paid my 11 bucks to become a site supporter. It's not that hard to deal with the rule. Some people just like to have something to complain about.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Really?

This has been going on for a year and a day?

It should be renamed 'The 50 post rule sucks post whore' thread.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    You know, maybe if you ask really nice (and say you're sorry a few times), you might convince one of the mods to open up their house to you, I mean, then you could just walk in, rummage around for a while, take what you want, and walk away with no further obligation ...and, you wouldn't even have to be sorry. :dunno:

So, waddaya say, mods? I mean, with the birthday and all ...really, give the guy (girl?) a break!

So, OP, if it seems ludicrous to do that with someone's property, wouldn't it seem reasonable that someone's (Fenway's) time, effort, and material investments that go into running/hosting a forum be treated with similar respect? :dunno: That is to say, no one owes you anything here. Even so, you're welcome to join (as you have) and contribute to the community (as so many others have). Those who keep things running smoothly on INGO have set certain rules, guidelines, requirements, etc ...so chaos is kept to a minimum and (as much as I like Ted Nugent), it's not a "Free-for-all," so to speak. If there's something you don't understand, check out the FAQ and/or ask a mod.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I can't tell if they are old men trying to use the internet or just middle aged whiners that think that complaining solves everything.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Yes there are, I've checked a bunch of them. The problem is that the particular pistol I want is on back order from the manufacturer.

There are a number of gun shops advertised on this site. I would simply post up on their page asking if they know of anything. Most of them would be happy to oblige you.

Understand it's not a penalty OK, the point is that we don't just want hit and run posters. The classifieds are an added bonus and not the focus of INGO. We welcome you here and look forward to your input. Please consider sticking around.

Bigmich500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    So, rather than try to understand the reason for the rule, you just go ahead and tell us that it sucks? And you think that telling us that will endear you to us and get us to change it for you? Have you tried reading the INGO FAQ that explains the rule in great detail? You can find a link in my sig.

I understand and have read the rule and yes I said it sucks. No, I do not think you will change it for me. I was frustrated that I have been looking everywhere for this particular pistol and haven't been able to find one until now and then I find out I can't contact the seller without enough comments. According the rules one line posts won't count. Sorry that I was in a rush to try to purchase this pistol, it was a great deal and I have been saving money and looking for one for a few months now. I am sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention. I was just letting off some steam.

Bigmich500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    I know! How dare we set the site up the way we like it without consulting with him first! We're so inconsiderate! He just wants to buy his gun and then disappear forever and our stupid rules are getting in the way of that!

No one ever said I would leave your site and disappear forever. Most likely the opposite. I am not asking for you to change the rules for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom