I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    It must be akin to a spider hanging out on the edge of the web, concealed and hungry, waiting for the next fly to become entangled.:popcorn:

fly-help-me.jpg

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    50 posts is not hard. Im a new guy and i have over a hundred. You guys are nice enough and have lots going on, its easy to hop in on discussions.

Also i suppose it helps, i work tech support and get maybe 10 calls a day. so i have lots of downtime in which to read all of the things here.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    I didn't even think about the classifieds until I noticed "Hey, I'm over 50 posts now, guess I can check it out." I joined for the information that knowledgeable people post. I believe the knowledge available here is more valuable than gun deals in the classifieds...

knowledge_is_power_power_corrupts_study_har_mousepad-p144095496778185333z8xsj_400.jpg

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I read a lot of the posts but don't necessarily do a lot of replies. I understand the minimum post rule for the classifieds but think it would be nice if it was tempered by how long one had been a member as well.

Oh, well. At least this adds +1 to the post count. :)

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I read a lot of the posts but don't necessarily do a lot of replies. I understand the minimum post rule for the classifieds but think it would be nice if it was tempered by how long one had been a member as well.

Oh, well. At least this adds +1 to the post count. :)

but then you could sign up. And then never come back. and then in a few months come back sign in and start abusing the boards to spam your home made, gun holsters made out of shoe leather and condoms.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    but then you could sign up. And then never come back. and then in a few months come back sign in and start abusing the boards to spam your home made, gun holsters made out of shoe leather and condoms.

Oooh, I've heard of those holsters. They are great when you want to smuggle a 10" revolver into prison.

:D

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    If someone really wanted to do that then they just make 50 inane posts in a single day or 2 in order to get such a hot item into the classifieds.

Spammers are much more clever than you think. If you've never run a forum it would be very eye opening.

Oh goody. This adds another post to the total. :)

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Fortunately we have a lot of people that do care about the forum and they will report the one liners that they see and especially those trying to spam the board.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    How would they know

Haha. Funny. I don't care at all about post counts. I just asked a simple quesrion and the post natzi came out in force. Just want to be treated as an equal. Is it because i am black?

INGO welcomes everyone. They even let me post here and I'm a girl. I can't see anyone here discriminating against you for your race. After all, how would anyone know what that would be? It's not like you have an avatar picture identifying yourself as such or have it mentioned in your signature line.

They're not really post Nazis, it's more like dog piling. When someone picks on someone else the dog piling starts. It's not always nice, but it's not usually personal. Some people do it because they can and sometimes it's just fun to do. Look on the bright side, how many posts have you made defending yourself? See it was beneficial to you. Keep your head up, it gets better and INGO can be a lot of fun.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Sadly, it will not get better and INGO will not be fun for that shooter.

His post count will never reach beyond 37... :(

;)

Why does this sound like the beginning of a "Save the banned INGO poster" infomercial??? I'm expecting to hear that "For just $29 a month, less than the price of a cup of coffee a day, you can bring hope to a banned INGO member. Wont you make that call now???" :dunno: :D :D :D

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Should have kept reading

Sadly, it will not get better and INGO will not be fun for that shooter.

His post count will never reach beyond 37... :(

;)

Well I guess I should have keep reading before trying to be nice to the noob. Seems I always try to be nice to the wrong people. I couldn't believe he made such a ridiculous claim. The dog was bouncing around waiting for his walk, so I commented before I finished reading all the posts so I wouldn't forget to comment. I came back from the walk only to find out the guy's already banned. Oh well I guess at least I got a couple extra posts out of it. I haven't found anything to buy yet, can I just have some candy or something else instead?

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Why does this sound like the beginning of a "Save the banned INGO poster" infomercial??? I'm expecting to hear that "For just $29 a month, less than the price of a cup of coffee a day, you can bring hope to a banned INGO member. Wont you make that call now???" :dunno: :D :D :D

We'll see if we can get Sarah McLachlan to do the background music! We'll post pictures of--printcraft--as our poster boy. THAT should stir up an emotional response.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom