I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

coyote1966

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    Veedersburg
    I'm a newby myself, I think it's a great sight, lots of good information on guns, reloading, not just buying and selling, having the classified is just a good bonus.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Pffft. Everyone saw it coming except him.

I don't get the sense of entitlement that people have. And then to start complaining about the people that run the site? That's not going to score you any points. I consider that to be a personal attack, which is a violation of Rule 1.

I gave him three chances to explain his accusations and he got smart with me instead. What are ya gonna do? :dunno:

Scutter, gonna have to send you a 21 pound bag of ice over for that one, you gave him plenty of time while having to swing that hammer around for way too long.:dunno:

Hope your elbow is not too inflamed.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Banning is never the first option. But 99.9% of the time, the reason you got banned is because you can't act like a grown-up. All of our rules can be easily condensed down to one: "Don't be a jerk." Why would we want you back once you've been banned? That said, it doesn't have to be permanent either.

There have been a very small percentage of banned members, however, who took a step back and said "Wait a minute, maybe I need to rethink my stance" and actually opened a dialogue with the staff and were eventually allowed to return. I have respect for these people. I have no respect for trolls.

This dude could have just put down the shovel...but NOOOOOO!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Scutter, gonna have to send you a 21 pound bag of ice over for that one, you gave him plenty of time while having to swing that hammer around for way too long.:dunno:

Hope your elbow is not too inflamed.

You drive a beer truck and you're sending ICE?! Lame. :noway:

:):

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    (Purplized for the sensitive reader.)

Just a thought, take it FWIW, IANAL, YMMV, MSRP, ETC....

So, people don't like the "50 post rule?" I suggest that it's (conditionally) done away with! That's right, in spite of the fact that INGO is privately owned and maintained, consideration ought to be given to the complaints of others in this regard.
    :rolleyes:

So, with that said, here's the deal: don't like the 50 post rule? Go ahead and complain about it and see what happens. "Boom!" (maybe that should be a "Bang!" or may be "Pow!" ...or "Wap! ...idunno, I'll let more thoughtful people make that call). Anyway, complain about the 50 post rule and you've just lost that option. Now, if you want access to the classified, you'll need to become a sight supporter, even if you can craft 100+ quality posts (with fine Corinthian leather, of course). Done.

Don't like it? Complain to one of the mods ...once ...perhaps twice (if they're having a good day) before feeling the outside of the door on your backside.

Seriously, what is the percentage of complainers who truly have experienced an attitude adjustment by an INGO mod over this issue? Maybe the mods are much more patient, kind, and benevolent than I over this but, really, it's like a stranger coming into another person's house and complaining about everything. Really? There's the door, it works both ways ...come again when you can't stay so long!

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    The site encourages people that are sincerely interested in making this site better than ever, and discourages people that only want to dump undesireable gear (that they no longer want) on unsuspecting, nice people! :dunno: As for impatient people? Meh.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Admit it Scutter!! You used top secret stealth technology to hack into his webcam. Plus right now you are watching at least 20 ingo members without their knowledge. And people thought I was paranoid for not getting a laptop with a webcam. And quit following my movements with those darn spy satellites!!
    :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

INGO_spy_satellite.jpg

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I wonder how many are subscribed to this thread. There could be a way for me to see that but learning how would require another trip to the FAQ's.:)

It has all the qualities of a great read every time a post is put up. I'm not saying it has the zaniness of "Bragging Rights" but it has that 50 Post Rule specificity that keeps it on track and IMO, one of the most enjoyable threads on INGO.

I almost feel guilty while anticipating the next goofball that wants to argue the rule.

It must be akin to a spider hanging out on the edge of the web, concealed and hungry, waiting for the next fly to become entangled.:popcorn:

Is that bad?:dunno:

I kinda feel that it is, but I can't help it.:ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom