I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't visit this section but every once in a while. You also mentioned somewhere that your and/or your familys' lives had been threatened. What kind of miserable pathethic POS would do such a thing?

Many people think that the internet gives them carte blanche to act like a d-bag. In fact, I frequently hear the phrase "It's just the internet! Relax! Ooo! Serious business!". But "the internet" is no different than the phone or talking to someone in person. Just because there's a keyboard between you does not absolve you of good manners and civility. If you wouldn't say it to someone's face, why would you say it on a message board (especially where it's recorded permanently and date/timestamped with lots of personally-identifiable information that can be handed over to a prosecutor)?

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Many people think that the internet gives them carte blanche to act like a d-bag. In fact, I frequently hear the phrase "It's just the internet! Relax! Ooo! Serious business!". But "the internet" is no different than the phone or talking to someone in person. Just because there's a keyboard between you does not absolve you of good manners and civility. If you wouldn't say it to someone's face, why would you say it on a message board (especially where it's recorded permanently and date/timestamped with lots of personally-identifiable information that can be handed over to a prosecutor)?
    Is that to say that when mods do get death threats, you do in fact file police reports on them? If true, INGO mods deserve more internets than they already get. :D

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I didn't find anything Classified about anything on there. It was just a bunch of stuff for sale.....geez....50 posts for nothing. I thought I was gonna get to see the Classified INGO files! :xmad:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Some people are just stupid and think that they are anonymous online.
    And I bet the ones who are jerks online are just jerks in real life too, maybe not to someone's face because they are obviously cowards but still they must act like jerks.

Even though im anonymous to the average INGO menber (meaning that they dont know my real name, address, IP address and such) I will still try to be a nice guy because im a nice guy in "real life" (not that internet is not real life).
    And even if they just know me as my user name I want to be known as a nice guy.
    I dont want to be known as "the online jerk" when they meet me face to face.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    By the way has the "50 quality posts rule" changed yet?
    Because I really dont think I will ever make it to 50 quality posts. :D

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    The 50 post rule is far from rare. See any well known forum (e.g. - HardForum.com, Forums.EVGA.com).

Sure not everybody is going to be immature, or even non trustworthy. But imagine all the hundreds that would be immature, and would be untrustworthy. It helps to thin the herd a bit.

None the less, welcome to INGO

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    :mods:

i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

:D

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I understand the rules and can see the benefits but I found a nice rifle I want and can't buy it because I don't have 50 posts. :noway:

As noted multiple times in this thread, you can also pay to become a site supporter and get faster access. Details are in the FAQ.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom