I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Organize

I think everybody with less than 50 "quality posts" (I doubt this one would count) should organize the UFPU (United Failed Posters Union). The membership could elect officials who would represent them in negotiations with the Mods. If a good enough contract could be agreed upon, perhaps every newbie would get credit for posts made by other members, free dental care, and an automatic spellchecker! There could even be a Democrat "local" within the union which would allow you to never post, or even log on, and still get all benefits including credit for posts made by other members.

My only concern is I don't know whether or not Indiana is a right to post state!

daverezz

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    South of Indy
    I joined the site a few days ago. I was over 58 posts. Next morning I came in and was back to ZERO. Can you email me why?
    thanks
    Dave Rezz
    LTC (ret) US Army

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I joined the site a few days ago. I was over 58 posts. Next morning I came in and was back to ZERO. Can you email me why?
    thanks
    Dave Rezz
    LTC (ret) US Army

What were your posts?

If it was a bunch of: "That's Cool!" or "Awesome" one liners then those usually get removed.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    When the majority of them are all one liners, we are not going to sort through all of the posts a member has made and select the ones to remove. We will remove all of them. It's not to be mean. It's because a member has already caused us extra work and we cant take the time to sort through all of them. We are constantly removing one liners on a regular basis as it is so when at least 50 of the 53 posts are one liners just by quick glance, they'll be removed. Hope that answers your question.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    thanks
    Dave Rezz
    LTC (ret) US Army

You could always become a Site Supporter :)

What were your posts?

If it was a bunch of: "That's Cool!" or "Awesome" one liners then those usually get removed.

Probably, but I have never seen anyone lose THAT many posts :laugh:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I know Fenway would not do this, but sometimes I wish it was minimum 30-60 days on INGO and you have to be a site supporter to gain access.

I bet it it would alleviate tons of problems. After all, if someone who is willing to wait and then also pay, I'd be more than inclined to think they are decent person.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    I know Fenway would not do this, but sometimes I wish it was minimum 30-60 days on INGO and you have to be a site supporter to gain access.

I bet it it would alleviate tons of problems. After all, if someone who is willing to wait and then also pay, I'd be more than inclined to think they are decent person.

Waiting maybe, but HAVING to pay would turn away most newcomers. I love the site now, and may become a supporter, but I would never have even joined if I had to pay, not even this much :twocents:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Waiting maybe, but HAVING to pay would turn away most newcomers. I love the site now, and may become a supporter, but I would never have even joined if I had to pay, not even this much :twocents:

IndyBeerman was not talking about joining the site in general but gaining access to the classifieds.
    Two entirely different things.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well it's very apparent that a lot of newcomers don't get the idea that the classifieds are a perk to the participating contributing forum members. Time has told and...

...it
    has
    just
    gotten
    worse.

I'm sure it can be argued that we are all here wasting our time anyway, but I'd sure like to have some of that clickedy, clickedy, clickedy, one-liner reading time back. Not to mention the irrelevant threads brought back from the dead.

Sneaky folks think 50 is easy. That is evident from the trash we have to sift through to find the helpful info. Change that number to something tougher to achieve and we'll have a much better membership. Character matters, especially in the gun community.

Doesn't it say something about an individual when they try to circumvent the site rules, either by choice or ignorance? These are the folks we take advice from? stand beside at the range? have financial dealings with?

I guess it's time to again suggest that we move the 50 post rule to 200 posts/six month member minimum. As much as I want this site supported, IMHO there should be no buy-in either.
    Make this move and the quality of life for an INGO member will be much improved! I bet the mods feel the same way.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    IndyBeerman was not talking about joining the site in general but gaining access to the classifieds.
    Two entirely different things.

Exactly, after all the classifieds is a secondary function of INGO, but there are some people who used this as their own buy/sell and swap shop and they'll never have more than 52 posts.

It's a shame too, because I bet that 10% of the site members are here just for the classifieds and are missing out on a really great forum.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I guess it's time to again suggest that we move the 50 post rule to 200 posts/six month member minimum. As much as I want this site supported, IMHO there should be no buy-in either.
    Make this move and the quality of life for an INGO member will be much improved! I bet the mods feel the same way.

I agree with your thought and the general idea behind it but Im not sure that moving the rule from 50 to 200 quality posts will change things.
    Instead of posting 50 one liners people will just post 200 one liners, it's not much harder to do.
    :dunno:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Exactly, after all the classifieds is a secondary function of INGO, but there are some people who used this as their own buy/sell and swap shop and they'll never have more than 52 posts.

It's a shame too, because I bet that 10% of the site members are here just for the classifieds and are missing out on a really great forum.

We do our best to encourage people to see that INGO isn't a swap meet. If they don't like what they see, that's OK. INGO isn't for everyone. But at least they'd have seen.

Doesn't it say something about an individual when they try to circumvent the site rules, either by choice or ignorance? These are the folks we take advice from? stand beside at the range? have financial dealings with?

Dealing with the problem for the last four years has shown me that many gun owners have the exact same sense of entitlement as any other group you care to name. I find this amazing and astonishing, given the level of self-sufficiency and self-reliance that gun owners tend to claim.

I've been screamed at, cursed at, called every name in the book by people who are LIVID that INGO has the unmitigated gall to ask them to participate before accessing the classifieds. There are many folks right here on INGO who, having finally gotten their fifty posts, will still find themselves inexplicably never doing business with me simply because I found them to be deceitful right from Day 1. I wish it weren't the case, but it's true. The newbie posts in this thread are just the public rants. The rest of you have not seen the PM's that come into the mod mailboxes on a regular basis. Remember this guy?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/178859-new_member_impressions.html

He was a fun one. The demands that he made of me were pretty startling, to say the least, and even he wasn't the worst of the bunch. Not by a long shot. Someone in this thread complained that the title had been changed, but what they didn't realize was that this was a new thread and it was created to be a place where all of the newbie rants about the 50-post rule would go so that we wouldn't have dozens of them in the Support forum. The thread title is a polite summation of virtually all of them.

INGO will always be free to join and free to participate. Fenway's made that pledge since the day INGO first went online and I don't see that changing any time soon. Will we have to make adjustments as we grow? Probably. I can't say what those might be, but we're always open to suggestions. What we're not going to do is change it just for the convenience of someone who just has to buy that gun RIGHT NOW!

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Dealing with the problem for the last four years has shown me that many gun owners have the exact same sense of entitlement as any other group you care to name. I find this amazing and astonishing, given the level of self-sufficiency and self-reliance that gun owners tend to claim.

I've been screamed at, cursed at, called every name in the book by people who are LIVID that INGO has the unmitigated gall to ask them to participate before accessing the classifieds. There are many folks right here on INGO who, having finally gotten their fifty posts, will still find themselves inexplicably never doing business with me simply because I found them to be deceitful right from Day 1. I wish it weren't the case, but it's true. The newbie posts in this thread are just the public rants. The rest of you have not seen the PM's that come into the mod mailboxes on a regular basis.
    I don't visit this section but every once in a while. You also mentioned somewhere that your and/or your familys' lives had been threatened. What kind of miserable pathethic POS would do such a thing?

Started to put together a satire/comedy post for your entertainment, but deleted it on the grounds that it might be in bad taste or catch you at the wrong (hammer) time. Apparently, some folks never learned the cardinal rule that it is extremely rude to insult your host. I've never used the classifieds and only clicked on it once to see that yep, sure enough, INGO has a classifieds section.

Anyway, sent in a Site Supporter renewal a couple weeks ago, then another to make up the difference since I hadn't seen the rate increase. Now, clearly, this is all your fault - or Fenway's - or anybody's but mine. How dare you raise the rate, you rotten bastages. And five - count 'em - 5 whole dollars! The nerve! You're supposed to provide me with free space on the internutz to rant, rave, scheme, connive, swindle, insult, berate, fold, spindle, and mutilate anyone and anything I want, whenever I want.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom