• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Ok ok, I wanted you all to come to the conclusion on your own, but here goes. All of those who believe that there are no absolute rights or wrongs have no basis to tell anybody they are wrong.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    And I asked you why you think gender identity issues are wrong, and you cant answer it..,... but I can... you see things in black/white, based on a certain religion..... and that certain religious belief is dictating your "absolute" beliefs.... and that's as far as I will go with religion .... Im not saying you are wrong or right, but we as free thinking individuals can believe what we want... but as soon as that belief causes harm to others, its can no longer be just about your belief, its now what society deems acceptable.

I believe more than a few members here would like to answer the question, but forum rules don't allow us to.

5) Religious and racially based threads of any nature are not allowed on INGunOwners.com.
    All Indiana Gun Owners should feel comfortable on this forum no matter their race, religion or color. Everyone is welcome here on INGO and should feel comfortable being associated with this site

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I believe more than a few members here would like to answer the question, but forum rules don't allow us to.

5) Religious and racially based threads of any nature are not allowed on INGunOwners.com.
    All Indiana Gun Owners should feel comfortable on this forum no matter their race, religion or color. Everyone is welcome here on INGO and should feel comfortable being associated with this site

Never mentioned a certain religion or put a certain religion down..... I accept everyone

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, we should all feel comfortable, but this thread is starting to feel like a pea gravel in the shoe. Good gracious, it's like arguing guns with the brady bunch or some demanding moms. As many economists as you lay end to end, they'll never reach a conclusion.

People with one or another difference should have someplace to let them know they're ok, but part of that needs to include pulling up your big(whatever) shorts and finding happiness from within (without damaging someone else's), and realizing that not everybody is going to sign on.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    52590552.jpg

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    There are more than one INGO person posting in this thread that likes to argue just to be arguing. They may, or may not, have a point to make, but instead jump in the discussion and make a comment. If someone disagrees with them or posts a different thought, then the 'argument' begins.

It somewhat reminds me of the old Monty Python skit about buying an argument in an office.

"Yes, you did!"
    "No, I didn't!"
    Yes, I know you did!"
    "And I said I didn't!"

And on...
    And on...
    And on...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    This is funny, you giving me this direction. My question to him had nothing to do with him. Given the statement made, I'd have asked the same of anyone. I know nothing of INGO member "ChristianPatriot" that he's not posted, and I make no inference from his screen name.
    My post was directed solely at his direct request of me, and answered it, after which I posted an admittedly rhetorical question.

Blessings,
    Bill

I think this is, as I stated before, because people are focusing on him rather than the concepts or ideas he's trying to get through.

Let's stop asking each other "SO DO YOU THINK RAPE AND MOLESTATION ARE WRONG?" and get back to generalities and concepts.

Less about the person, more about the ideas. People in this thread are so angry at each other, the posts are very pointed and "attack-y"

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Something else I've noticed, why does it seem to be largely the wiminfolk who have no problem with penis-havers behaving like females, while it's other penis-havers who have the biggest problems with that concept? It's not your penises that are at controversy in these personal stories.
    It very likely has something to do with the fact that many men have wive's and daughters. Men are psychologically programmed as "protectors"; protectors of their family, protectors of their home, protectors of everything around them (in general). I can tell you I'd happily and willingly lay down my life to protect my family from harm, whether it be financial, physical, or psychological if laying down my life is what it would take. I would imagine that the great deal of consternation comes from the fact that, even if "experts claim" a transgender individual is not a risk to a woman, the man, the protector, still perceives it as a threat. Why would he perceive that as a threat? What is the threat? Most of it is likely upbringing and societal influence and it will take generations to change. That being said, I feel there are legitimate threats. A parent should have the right to determine when the sex talk is appropriate and until that time we don't expose our children to things that would necessitate an advancement of that time window. Yet a transgender person in a locker-room setting etc could necessitate that. What harm could come from that? I'm no mental health expert so I can't say for certain, but it could likely be the fact that the girl isn't ready to face those facts of life. For the same reason we don't drive and vote until a certain age, our brains take time to mature to a certain point of truly understanding things like this. Another threat could be the mentally unstable person that wants to be transgender for nefarious purposes. Yes, it's exceedingly rare, but it's not out of the realm of possibility; society has shown us that the length at which mentally ill people will go to fulfill their desires has no bounds. Remember the guy that crawled into the pit of the outhouse at a state/local park a while ago just to get a peek at the bottom side of women? Don't tell me it's not possible for a man to pose as transgender and use the women's lockerroom for nefarious purposes.

The very same way you say that some people are "programmed" differently, despite being in the wrong body, many individuals are programmed with the primal instincts, like that of the male protector. Just like it's the very nature of a person "programmed" to be a woman, but living in a man's body, it's my very instinct to say, "I don't want that person around my wife/daughter because harm could possibly result from it." Thus, this issue is born and the answer is a VERY delicate balancing act that must be carefully weighed depending on MANY variables.

I don't know what the solution is; I don't know if this LGBT thing is a mental illness, people being led astray, or if it's really true that a person can be born into the wrong body; I'm not here to debate that. I can only attest to what my feelings/thoughts are. I can tell you that my rights don't trump another person's rights, like theirs don't trump mine. They must work in conjunction. The unfortunate thing about this is that isn't good enough for most people in the LGBT community; they want absolute superiority of their rights over my rights.

Yes, I realize I'm in over my head on the background knowledge of the mental illness issues and how these things effect a child's brain, I'm simply throwing out a possible answer to your question.

I can tell you what would make me more comfortable as the protector of my daughter/wife as this movement continues to grow. Private bathrooms, locker-rooms, etc for all individuals that don't have matching sexual orientation/born-gender would completely circumvent the issues of public restrooms/changing/showering etc. That doesn't solve the other issues though, and I'm not sure that would ever happen because the LGBT community would have an out-cry about how their right to just feel like a normal women/man etc is being trampled (when in fact they will never truly be "normal"). Now I don't say that with any dislike, hate, or with an offensive intention, it is simply my feelings, I have a right to have and express my feelings. That being said, I have friends in the LGBT community and I love/respect them just as much as any other person. I simply disagree with their stance on many issues. That is what makes us all individuals...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom