• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You're not answering the question. Right and wrong cannot be based on humans. Humans are subjective. What about the very real psychological and physical pain experienced by a pedophile when he doesn't get his disgusting fix?
    Even for a moment, disgustingly, granting the idea of a "right" for a pedophile to engage in intercourse with children, there is a "balancing act" under the law, to weigh one person's rights against another person's rights. In this case, the "harm" done to the pedophile to confine his "true self" to private manual manipulation sessions (can we say masturbation on INGO?) is less harmful to him than would be the medical injuries done to the child with whom he engaged in sexual congress. The child's right not to be raped, therefore, trumps the pedophile's "right" to rape him.

I also reject the idea that rights as well as absolute codes of right and wrong can only come from a higher power. Human reason is the font of all true moral standards, even if it falters from time to time in various localities.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    The most important thing I have learned from this thread is that CathyinBlue and SnapDragon are not the same person.

The second most important thing I've learned in this thread is that transgender people are an unspecified threat to people who have penises.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I also reject the idea that rights as well as absolute codes of right and wrong can only come from a higher power. Human reason is the font of all true moral standards, even if it falters from time to time in various localities.

There it is. You finally said it. That is exactly where I wanted to go. Human reason. If everybody's standard of right and wrong is different than there is no right or wrong.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    There it is. You finally said it. That is exactly where I wanted to go. Human reason. If everybody's standard of right and wrong is different than there is no right or wrong.

So why do you think its wrong?

NhRBmZJ.gif

tumblr_m7n4piKGt51qcuoflo3_r2_250.gif

tumblr_lptin8xHha1qg51mgo1_500.gif

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Wait Snap and Cathy are two different people..... Are we sure its not SnS with multiple accounts?

No, although CathyinBlue and I probably have the same IP address, as we are using the same Internet connection at the moment.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And the mass, consensual, standard of right and wrong in this case is that you rape a child, you get put under the prison. If you disagree with the mass, consensual, standard of right and wrong that does that, GTFO my planet.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Bill of Rights - I never claimed they were my morals. You say molestation is wrong. Based. On. What.

When it's done to an adult, we call it "rape".

Gonna claim that's not wrong?

Of course I think molestation and rape are wrong. Good grief is that what you think I said? I'm trying to get to the big picture. Some people think the Girl Scout situation is right and some think it's wrong. How do we determine right or wrong.

Is that what I think you said? Well... you did ask me on what I based my statement that molestation was wrong, and to me, that indicates that you don't believe it is and want to be convinced. I gave an example of how and why it is, and you respond here with aghast horror.

If I misread you, I apologize. Cathy has given you a metric to use to identify on what it's based. Real, objective harm.

Having seen too many (and "one" is three too many) young victims who have not yet moved to being "survivors", that's what I'm basing the term "wrong" on. Work for you?

Blessings,
    Bill

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    And the mass, consensual, standard of right and wrong in this case is that you rape a child, you get put under the prison. If you disagree with the mass, consensual, standard of right and wrong that does that, GTFO my planet.

Mass, consensual standards change. They're not absolute. And if you don't "believe" in absolutes than you have no authority to tell anybody that they are right or wrong.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I gave an example of how and why it is, and you respond here with aghast horror.

I think this is, as I stated before, because people are focusing on him rather than the concepts or ideas he's trying to get through.

Let's stop asking each other "SO DO YOU THINK RAPE AND MOLESTATION ARE WRONG?" and get back to generalities and concepts.

Less about the person, more about the ideas. People in this thread are so angry at each other, the posts are very pointed and "attack-y"

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I think this is, as I stated before, because people are focusing on him rather than the concepts or ideas he's trying to get through.

Let's stop asking each other "SO DO YOU THINK RAPE AND MOLESTATION ARE WRONG?" and get back to generalities and concepts.

Less about the person, more about the ideas. People in this thread are so angry at each other, the posts are very pointed and "attack-y"

Truth offends

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mass, consensual standards change. They're not absolute. And if you don't "believe" in absolutes than you have no authority to tell anybody that they are right or wrong.
    The thing about absolute moral standards of right and wrong is there are so many absolute moral standards of right and wrong to choose from.

120202943-6f670600-6c3c-4713-a349-33d03fb1ee01.jpg

Majed, left, at age 25 married Tahani (in pink) when she was 6. The couple lives in Yemen. — Contro il dramma delle spose bambine - National Geographic

You said earlier you weren't talking about your moral standards. Okay, then whose absolute moral standards should we live by? Majed's?

Face it. There is no singular absolute moral standard of behaviour. Which really means there is no absolute moral standard. The very idea of an absolute moral standard is illusory, but that does not invalidate the idea of moral standards. It just means we need to use something real (i.e. non-illusory) to craft our moral standards. With luck, all moral standards of behaviour world wide are converging on something Western thought calls reasonable and rational. Unless ISIS (or any theocratic state, really) actually begins prevailing, in which case the whole moral world will wind up going straight to Hell in a handbasket.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Someone once tried to use me to help him invent an item of pseudo-science, a dark-sucker. His proposition was that light did not exist, that darkness was all that existed, and that what we erroneously called a "light bulb" was actually a device for massively hoovering up all of the real "dark" in an area, this leading to an area depleted of darkness and so "light" became prevalent. When I finally told him, flat out, that photons were the real things and that his "dark sucker" idea was bogus, he asked me, "So, you're saying there is no such thing as light and darkness?"

I feel the same way now as I did then.

When I was in grammar school, learning to right wurds good, I kept asking my English teacher what was the "standard" for <fill in the blank with grammar, spelling, punctuation issue>. She tried to explain that some people do it this way and some people do it that way. "Yeah, but isn't there an authority that can tell me which of those ways is the correct one?" "No. They're both right."

I understand the immature mindset that wants there to be a single, overarching authority to whom we can appeal for a definitive standard of right and wrong. It's simpler. Easier. Less mentally taxing to deal with a world in which this is absolutely right and that is absolutely wrong and no amount of thought needs to be expended on contemplating the whys and wherefores of it. The fact is, we all mutually build our moral world by consent and human reason.

Last edited:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Someone once tried to use me to help him invent an item of pseudo-science, a dark-sucker. His proposition was that light did not exist, that darkness was all that existed, and that what we erroneously called a "light bulb" was actually a device for massively hoovering up all of the real "dark" in an area, this leading to an area depleted of darkness and so "light" became prevalent. When I finally told him, flat out, that photons were the real things and that his "dark sucker" idea was bogus, he asked me, "So, you're saying there is no such thing as light and darkness?"

I feel the same way now as I did then.

I'll ask again, is there right and wrong?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The most important thing I have learned from this thread is that CathyinBlue and SnapDragon are not the same person.

The second most important thing I've learned in this thread is that transgender people are an unspecified threat to people who have penises.

I have a penis, and do not feel threatened.

#mylifemotto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    I have a penis, and do not feel threatened.

#mylifemotto

Maybe you don't have a penis.

^ The above post is not meant to imply anything about the Chezuki's anatmoy. I am thankfully ignorant about all aspects of his body and can happily remain that way indefinitely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom