If your wife was raped, would you make her have the baby?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I would suggest that she carry the innocent child to term, give birth and then make the decision to murder the child herself, give up for adoption, or love and care for that child.

Having a doctor perform the murder so you don't even have to think about it is such a pathetic option.

Best answer ever. It is always different if you personify the issue. Kinda like the OP did by making it your wife.. I was always curious what other traumatic event in your life would equate with being able to kill a baby? Horrific car crash? Being beaten to withing an inch of your life? Being severely burned? Loss of a limb?

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    If your wife was brutally raped by some low life scumbag, would you insist that she carried the baby to full term and give birth to it? This is a serious question because this point was brought up by some politicians recently. I think personalizing it by making it your wife instead of some stanger is a more honest way of looking at things. Everyone is someone's wife, daughter or mother.
    Hell no. But she might have to start a "Get my husband outta jail" fund though...that is if I could find the SOB that did it. I would be disgustingly brutal to them.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    No, not all life is precious/sacred, not to me anyways, I want the scum to meet his maker ASAP

I agree. I just wanted to see what others thought.

I don't understand people who call being pro-life and pro-death penalty a contradiction. If you can't see the difference between taking an unborn child vs delivering punishment to someone who has proven they're grossly damaging to society no amount of logic will penetrate your wall of bias.

And my wall of bias is quite tall. :cool: I never said it was a contradiction, but you know that, since you quoted my words.

I generally don't agree with the idea of abortions, while I'm totally in favor of the death penalty for murderers and rapists who have absolutely been proven guilty. But the issue of abortion is more complicated than "is it right or wrong?" My answer, it depends, just like anything else. Is it right to run a red light? Not generally, but sometimes it's the right thing to do. Is it right or wrong to shoot someone? Generally wrong, but if you're defending your life, it's the right thing to do for you. I just can't get behind a blanket ban on abortions, specifically because of rape and other not so simple situations.

I don't like the idea of abortion being used as a form of birth control. That's sad to me, but I'm not going to step up and offer to raise the world's would-be aborted babies, and neither are you. Honestly, the world is filled enough with parents who don't want the kids they do birth (until tax time), so I don't want more of that either.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Thats one topic I hate to hear about, mention, or even have to think about when it comes to my wife, friend or any female I know!! I dont even like seeing it in films, or make believe...

That would be one matter I would have serious issues over...and I honestly dont know how I would handle it. God bless those who have coped with it and can deal with an issue like that.

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I am the wife. I would be the first to say we NEVER know what we would do in any given situation until it happens. I was an OB nurse and I cannot imagine aborting an innocent child. What is their crime? They don't deserve life?

Another issue I have with abortion is the emotional fallout that takes place. Many women suffer emotionally for years after an abortion. How does that affect coping with a rape? Make it better or worse?

Could I raise a such a child afterward? I honestly do not know. Nine months of carrying that baby will definitely have an impact whether for or against. But, you know what, I can also see how that could all change when that little baby is born.

How is that for clarifying the issue?:)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    How so? His DNA is in play, not yours. You had absolutely nothing to do with this creation, this blessing. Why do you even get a seat at the table?

It takes more than DNA to play at my table.

A violent felony is not the process by which I would consider one to be "reserving a seat". :cool:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Spending all your time, energy and money raising another man's child is the worst thing you can do in evolutionary terms.

I have a 6 year old stepson. My wife and I separated at one point in time for a while. She got pregnant during that time. Before we agreed to continue moving forward repairing lots of marital damage, this was a topic of discussion.. I can tell you first hand that you're not 100% right. I am currently raising my 6 year old as if he was my own child, and we have not asked for, or received, a single solitary penny from the 'other man'.

What would you guys do when the guy who raped your wife and got her pregnant with his sperm gets out of jail and decides to be a part of his kid's life?

The person that got my wife pregnant asked her just this about a year ago. After a very lengthy discussion, we told him to pound sand, however, we ALSO told him that if my son asked if he could contact the 'donor'.. we would absolutely offer and assist as needed. (after all, MY son has a right to know that I'm not his 'dad' and he has every right to know who is 'dad' is and how to contact him, if he chooses)

How so? His DNA is in play, not yours. You had absolutely nothing to do with this creation, this blessing. Why do you even get a seat at the table?

Adoption. I have adopted my 6 year old. I have done this to prevent this scenario. That means that 'legally' the guy that donated the sperm has absolutely zero rights to the child, period. That's the only way I wanted it. I wasn't going to put forth my time, effort, and love towards this child only to have some other jerk just come popping into my life and throwing a wrench into things. He's "my" son now and that's how my wife and I wanted it (after lots and lots of conversation and deliberation)

We do realize that the husband is not the father. The rapist can claim parental rights. The child, when born, is not automatically under the sole authority of the birthing mother. So what you want to do does not mean you can legally do it.

PS - May none of you ever have to make this kind of choice!

My wife got pregnant (when my 13 yr old step son was 1 yr old) accidentally, and her own mother forced her to get an abortion. (yes ... forced.. long story as to why and how).. so my wife has 'been there.. done that'... See my post above about the 'father' not having rights. Adoption is the key, and there are ways to do it swiftly and legally (I've been through giving a child up for adoption as well)

I am the wife. I would be the first to say we NEVER know what we would do in any given situation until it happens.

My wife has lived through a rape and an abortion (not a situation where one caused the other).. She advised me first hand on the topic.. After all, we've been married for only 10 years.

PAMom said:
    Another issue I have with abortion is the emotional fallout that takes place. Many women suffer emotionally for years after an abortion. How does that affect coping with a rape? Make it better or worse?

Could I raise a such a child afterward? I honestly do not know.

I thought I knew what my wife's answer would be given the scenario, so I asked her :D

She said "after living through a rape, and being forced to have an abortion, I'd probably carry the baby to term and give the baby to a family (adoption) that can't otherwise have a baby. ".. she said that she doesn't know how she would feel knowing how the baby was conceived, and she would not be able to live with herself if she were to look at or treat the baby negatively knowing the origins behind conception so, for her, the best thing to do was carry the baby and give it up for adoption. She said that's the (innocent) child's best chance at a fair shake in life.

(P.S... I was right.. I figured that would be her answer)

Sorry for the long post.

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I have a 6 year old stepson. My wife and I separated at one point in time for a while. She got pregnant during that time. Before we agreed to continue moving forward repairing lots of marital damage, this was a topic of discussion.. I can tell you first hand that you're not 100% right. I am currently raising my 6 year old as if he was my own child, and we have not asked for, or received, a single solitary penny from the 'other man'.

The person that got my wife pregnant asked her just this about a year ago. After a very lengthy discussion, we told him to pound sand, however, we ALSO told him that if my son asked if he could contact the 'donor'.. we would absolutely offer and assist as needed. (after all, MY son has a right to know that I'm not his 'dad' and he has every right to know who is 'dad' is and how to contact him, if he chooses)

Adoption. I have adopted my 6 year old. I have done this to prevent this scenario. That means that 'legally' the guy that donated the sperm has absolutely zero rights to the child, period. That's the only way I wanted it. I wasn't going to put forth my time, effort, and love towards this child only to have some other jerk just come popping into my life and throwing a wrench into things. He's "my" son now and that's how my wife and I wanted it (after lots and lots of conversation and deliberation)

My wife got pregnant (when my 13 yr old step son was 1 yr old) accidentally, and her own mother forced her to get an abortion. (yes ... forced.. long story as to why and how).. so my wife has 'been there.. done that'... See my post above about the 'father' not having rights. Adoption is the key, and there are ways to do it swiftly and legally (I've been through giving a child up for adoption as well)

My wife has lived through a rape and an abortion (not a situation where one caused the other).. She advised me first hand on the topic.. After all, we've been married for only 10 years.

I thought I knew what my wife's answer would be given the scenario, so I asked her :D

She said "after living through a rape, and being forced to have an abortion, I'd probably carry the baby to term and give the baby to a family (adoption) that can't otherwise have a baby. ".. she said that she doesn't know how she would feel knowing how the baby was conceived, and she would not be able to live with herself if she were to look at or treat the baby negatively knowing the origins behind conception so, for her, the best thing to do was carry the baby and give it up for adoption. She said that's the (innocent) child's best chance at a fair shake in life.

(P.S... I was right.. I figured that would be her answer)

Sorry for the long post.

Don't apologize! You are very obviously qualified to speak to the issue. I appreciate your willingness to share. My only intent was to bring a female
    perspective and was not, in any way, meant to denigrate anyone else. Maybe, I didn't explain myself well enough.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I've said this before, Ill say it now, and Ill say it again at some point in the future Im sure.

Regardless if Im pro-choice or pro-life, the .gov has no business in telling anyone what they can or can't do in this situation. Period.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    If I was raped I would have the child. I would at that point make the decision do I want to keep the baby or put it up for adoption.

My whole issue with this is if you were raped...why not have a DNC with in the week and the morning after pill... Give the child/fetus the most humane death that you can give it. Why wait until you are 3, 4 or even 6-7 months pregnant to decide you want an abortion.

I know I will get crap for this...but there has been woman who have late term abortions just because they changed their minds.

I believe life begins at conception...but at least be humane and have the abortion before the baby can feel pain.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    If I was raped I would have the child. I would at that point make the decision do I want to keep the baby or put it up for adoption.

My whole issue with this is if you were raped...why not have a DNC with in the week and the morning after pill... Give the child/fetus the most humane death that you can give it. Why wait until you are 3, 4 or even 6-7 months pregnant to decide you want an abortion.

I know I will get crap for this...but there has been woman who have late term abortions just because they changed their minds.

I believe life begins at conception...but at least be humane and have the abortion before the baby can feel pain.

Sounds like the best option yet,have the abortion before you know you are pregnant,then maybe you never had an abortion at all.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I'm not assuming anything. I asked myself this question while exploring the topic in my mind, so I wanted to put it out there for anyone else to consider.

Many of your answers appear to advocate ending his life...err, showing him the crematorium. ;) So is it your position that all life is holy/precious/sacred (whatever word you prefer) or only that it is unethical to end an innocent life?

Okay? Shootings don't happen billions of times a day in America. Abortions don't happen billions of times a day in America and yet, still, plenty of people talk about both of those things. I'm not sure what a straw man is, a fake argument? I'm just asking what those who I quoted would do in the scenario I gave. I'm trying to broaden minds on this issue. Life, rape, abortion, and parenting aren't simple issues. Maybe we shouldn't only ask simple questions about them...that okay with you, Mackey?
    How many abortions are performed in America?

One out of every 4 babies conceived in the United States is aborted. In more than 14 metropolitan areas, abortions outnumber live births. More than 30 million abortions have occurred since 1973. Each year 1.2 million babies die by abortion.

Real Choices - Abortion

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I don't understand people who call being pro-life and pro-death penalty a contradiction. If you can't see the difference between taking an unborn child vs delivering punishment to someone who has proven they're grossly damaging to society no amount of logic will penetrate your wall of bias.

I don't consider it a contradiction...babies are innocent and deserve not to be killed just because mommy had sex with out protection...They have done nothing to deserve to die a horrible death. People get the death penalty because they did something awful..have had their chance and blew it and do not deserve to walk the earth anymore. But they at least are humanely put to death...they are not burned to death with saline or have scissors stabbed at the base of their necks until they stop moving.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I've said this before, Ill say it now, and Ill say it again at some point in the future Im sure.

Regardless if Im pro-choice or pro-life, the .gov has no business in telling anyone what they can or can't do in this situation. Period.
    Someone rep this man. I'm out.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    For those of you who would give the baby up for adoption or advocate that course of action for someone else - Do you think the adopting family should be advised that the father of the baby is a rapist? Would you want to know that the father of the child you are about to adopt is a rapist?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom