If your wife was raped, would you make her have the baby?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My wife and I are both religious, and pro life. We believe abortion is wrong, no matter what the situation is.

It'll be hard to deal with, but that is still my wife's baby...

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    I think all the "I wouldn't make her but she would choose to have it" are non-answers.

I'm not married, but is certainly not make anyone I loved enough to marry, do anything.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Can you legally get an abortion that late in the game? strictly curious...

You don't remember the s**tstorm about partial birth abortion? Not legal in Indiana if I remember correctly, but it was an issue plenty of places. What about the MFSB in the White House voting once in the Illinois legislature and once in the Senate against legislation which would have made it illegal to kill babies born alive after a failed attempt at abortion?

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I am curious if anybody has ever seen stat's on how often this actually happens. I would imagine there probably are more than a few women in the abortion clinics saying that they were raped to make themselves feel better, but how many actual rapes result in pregnancy. I would think that number would be very, very low. There is also a morning pill so if a woman was raped and feared she may be pregnant could she not just take one of those pills to take the whole discussion off the table. I think we are making a mountain out of mole hill. Not just here but this entire debate does not have much merit.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am curious if anybody has ever seen stat's on how often this actually happens. I would imagine there probably are more than a few women in the abortion clinics saying that they were raped to make themselves feel better, but how many actual rapes result in pregnancy. I would think that number would be very, very low. There is also a morning pill so if a woman was raped and feared she may be pregnant could she not just take one of those pills to take the whole discussion off the table. I think we are making a mountain out of mole hill. Not just here but this entire debate does not have much merit.

Very well said!

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    If she waited 5 months to decide she was raped then yes, I would do tell her that, if I didn't know she already thinks it is wrong to kill an unborn child. If she was raped and reported it immediately, then a "morning after" pill would be an appropriate remedy, even if an abortifacient, which even the Catholic Church approves in that situation, though they quibble about the effect. A fertilized egg is one thing, but a fetus with a developing brain and nervous system is something else altogether.

This is my feeling as well. The "morning after" pill is offered during sexual assault exams at hospitals when a rape is reported.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    She could AND SHOULD take the morning after pill. There are many though, that will tell you that this is still murder. They're apparently unaware that sperm can live in the woman's system for 72ish hours, and the egg may not be fertilized, but the morning after pill will prevent fertilization. The morning after pill essentially causes the woman to shed the lining like she would during her period.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    not my choice, but I would strongly encourage her to... Plenty of people out there who wish they could have kids.

I wouldn't have to force my wife to keep it, she would make the moral descision on her own. She is more anit-infanticide than I am.

She is of the "2 wrongs never make a right" mindset.

I don't force my wife to do anything. However she shares my values and I am certain she would choose not to impose the death penalty upon a truly innocent life.

Would not make her. Even as horrible as it would be, I do not think she would be able to abort the baby.

I would suggest that she carry the innocent child to term, give birth and then make the decision to murder the child herself, give up for adoption, or love and care for that child.

My wife definitely would carry the baby to term and welcome it with loving arms. I would too.

My wife and I are both religious, and pro life. We believe abortion is wrong, no matter what the situation is.

It'll be hard to deal with, but that is still my wife's baby...

What would you guys do when the guy who raped your wife and got her pregnant with his sperm gets out of jail and decides to be a part of his kid's life?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    What would you guys do when the guy who raped your wife and got her pregnant with his sperm gets out of jail and decides to be a part of his kid's life?

Take him for a tour of the local crematorium.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Yeah. I'm sure this scenario happens billions of time a day in America. Very important to answer this one correctly.
    This is just part of a straw man argument over any sort of abortion limitations.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana

You're further assuming he has the balls to show his face for a directive like that.

I would seriously feel that my life was in immediate danger.... That is all.

Top Bottom