If your wife was raped, would you make her have the baby?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I would suggest that she carry the innocent child to term, give birth and then make the decision to murder the child herself, give up for adoption, or love and care for that child.

Having a doctor perform the murder so you don't even have to think about it is such a pathetic option.

speedsix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    fort wayne
    I do hope that nobody ever has to face this question in reality. It's just a question and I do not mean to offend anyone by it. If it starts getting out of hand, I will ask a moderator to close it.

Please continue to be mature and intelligent in your responses and it won't turn nasty.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I am pro-life, with exceptions for rape, incest, saving the life of the mother, and severe AND untreatable disease, mental deficiency, or physical deformity... so NO...

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Would not make her. Even as horrible as it would be, I do not think she would be able to abort the baby.
    My wife definitely would carry the baby to term and welcome it with loving arms. I would too. That little child has no fault in how it was conceived and doesn't deserve a death sentence. I saw a video interview some years ago with a lady who was brutally beaten and raped. She became pregnant as a result and was pushed by everyone in her circle of family and friends to abort. She was torn but finally decided not to. At the time of the interview her son was a bright, beautiful little boy whom she described as the light of her life.

Too many people think a woman's "choice" trumps a human life.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I would suggest that she carry the innocent child to term, give birth and then make the decision to murder the child herself, give up for adoption, or love and care for that child.

Having a doctor perform the murder so you don't even have to think about it is such a pathetic option.

This.

I knew a girl who was raped, and she carried the baby to term. It wasn't the baby's fault.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I consider the question to contain an inherent problem issue. It is emotionalizing a matter of principle. Most people who oppose abortion do so on the grounds that it is tantamount to the involuntary destruction of another human being, commonly known as murder. As disgusting as it may be, and as willing as I may be to turn a blind eye to those who may wish to visit such a demise on the perpetrator, the personal tragedy involved does not change the issue. You either do or do not believe abortion to constitute murder as an unborn child either is or is not a human being. There is no such thing as a situational truth. Something either is or is not true. We may disagree on what the truth is in some instances, but anyone who will take diametrically opposite positions on the same issue (i.e., whether or not an unborn child is a human being deserving treatment as such) depending on personal convenience is a liar.

I will also add that the original question is based on a false premise so far as about the only thing anyone can force their spouse to do is go to divorce court if they can't some to a workable agreement.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    1340398966945.jpg

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I assume a lot of women would have a hard time coping with the rape if they kept the child. Seems like it could be a constant reminder, at least at first anyway and maybe always for some woman. I could see either way and would leave it up to my wife to decide, I would be ready to support the decision whatever it was.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    No. Nor has any politician that I am aware of indicated that they would pass a law prohibiting her from having an abortion in those circumstances.

If a politician told you you couldn't have a gun, would you turn yours in?

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Thats a ****ty moral dilemma. I think it would be wrong to kill the baby. How am I going to force her to not have an abortion though?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    If your wife was brutally raped by some low life scumbag, would you insist that she carried the baby to full term and give birth to it? This is a serious question because this point was brought up by some politicians recently. I think personalizing it by making it your wife instead of some stanger is a more honest way of looking at things. Everyone is someone's wife, daughter or mother.

If she waited 5 months to decide she was raped then yes, I would do tell her that, if I didn't know she already thinks it is wrong to kill an unborn child. If she was raped and reported it immediately, then a "morning after" pill would be an appropriate remedy, even if an abortifacient, which even the Catholic Church approves in that situation, though they quibble about the effect. A fertilized egg is one thing, but a fetus with a developing brain and nervous system is something else altogether. I wouldn't kill a 2 old year because their father was a rapist, and I don't think a 2 month old fetus should be killed because of its father either. The pregnancy from rape is such a rare occurrence that bringing it up is simply a distraction meant to derail the bigger argument over the killing of hundreds of thousands of the unborn every year.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    OTOH, if she chooses to bring the baby to term, I take my queues from the animal kingdom and as male lions do, eat the l'il bugger.

Hajisc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   1
    Oct 11, 2012
    Westville,In.
    I think she would see the brutality of the rape in the kids eyes forever. If she did decide to carry full term it would be best to be put up for adoption, Just my opinion. Ultimately her choice. I would hope to be there for her either way. Very tough scenerio

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If she waited 5 months to decide she was raped then yes, I would do tell her that, if I didn't know she already thinks it is wrong to kill an unborn child. If she was raped and reported it immediately, then a "morning after" pill would be an appropriate remedy... A fertilized egg is one thing, but a fetus with a developing brain and nervous system is something else altogether.

This.

speedsix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    fort wayne
    OTOH, if she chooses to bring the baby to term, I take my queues from the animal kingdom and as male lions do, eat the l'il bugger.

There is a real reason lions do that. They do not want to waste time and energy on another lions offspring. It is the foundation of natural selection to want to have as many offspring of your own to pass along your genes.

Spending all your time, energy and money raising another man's child is the worst thing you can do in evolutionary terms. That being said, we are not forced to act out all our instincts like animals.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    No... I would support whatever decision she wanted to make. However, had she asked for my opinion... I would urge her to abort the baby.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    If she waited 5 months to decide she was raped then yes, I would do tell her that, if I didn't know she already thinks it is wrong to kill an unborn child. If she was raped and reported it immediately, then a "morning after" pill would be an appropriate remedy, even if an abortifacient, which even the Catholic Church approves in that situation, though they quibble about the effect. A fertilized egg is one thing, but a fetus with a developing brain and nervous system is something else altogether. I wouldn't kill a 2 old year because their father was a rapist, and I don't think a 2 month old fetus should be killed because of its father either. The pregnancy from rape is such a rare occurrence that bringing it up is simply a distraction meant to derail the bigger argument over the killing of hundreds of thousands of the unborn every year.

Can you legally get an abortion that late in the game? strictly curious...

Top Bottom