If you had this option would you take it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Opt in or out?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    The only option the Government will ever give is opt out but keep paying anyway.
    Well said.

SS is just another tax on the motivated. Even if I couldn't get a better ROI investing it myself at least I could have had the opportunity to be treated as a free man. I am offended by the attitude of the monarchs who believe that we are not smart enough to make decisions that effect our own futures, without their involvement. :xmad:

I need to go lay down with a cold cloth on my head for awhile.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    If I choose not to have insurance and something happens and I cannot afford more care, then I will not GET more care.

do you have a plan in place to make sure this happens? does your family know to pull the plug on you if your $1000 short for that procedure that will save your life after being sick/injured to the point your in a coma and not able to make decisions for yourself?

crappy thing is most people in your boat are still gonna get the care...it's the folks who have insurance who pay for it.

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Those young rose colored glasses are fooling you. Who takes care of grandma when Ronnie Ramjet plows into you one night after drinking before you have time to get your huge savings scheme into play??

I agree, this whole thing depends on me not getting into any sort of trouble, ever, which of course is a foolish way to think.

Still think its better than signing me life away with a single signature. I'm just not comfortable putting my financial future into the hands of a bank or some dingy car lot.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Oldfb

I truly admire the tenacity that you have shown in advancing your impassioned argument. Although I don't agree with some of your positions, I can see that most of your conclusions have been painfully thought through. But what I can glean from the comments of about 136 of your INGO friends is that [STRIKE]they[/STRIKE] we mostly see this thing through the lens of personal responsibility, and free will. I think that a system like SS discourages personal responsibility. And we know that the government is not a fan of free will.

Sure we should take care of the infirm, and the aged but most of us here don't want the government to tell us how. I think that we should provide in person, through churches, and private organizations that we can personally vet. Any time we let the government take anything from us they view it as a way to bribe us with our own money, and expect us to thank them for it by voting in a way that keeps them in power.

As for me possibly falling victim to disability... well that is where survival of the fittest come in to play. If I'm not prepared, or if others will not or can not take care of me then the rest is in Gods hands. I would rather be a slave to fate than a slave to the government.:twocents:

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Loud

I truly agree with your beliefs and your stand on forced charity.
    Not knowing your family situation I can only believe that you would quietly go off into the woods alone to die.

Would you be so quick to sentence your family to the same fate? Principles and survival of the fittest works awesome in a mans world. Me I am going to make sure I do everything within my power to ensure those I love don't die or starve.

Truthfully this lack of planning and charity was one of the reasons this system got shoved onto our backs.
    People stopped caring when everyone but the silver spoons had money. Then people started trying to emulate that winner takes all philosophy.

One need only look to the battles between the strike breakers and unions to see this evidence.

Remember we are fast becoming the minority here since such a high percentage of people are working for the government in some way shape or form.

Be well people.

Oldfb

I truly admire the tenacity that you have shown in advancing your impassioned argument. Although I don't agree with some of your positions, I can see that most of your conclusions have been painfully thought through. But what I can glean from the comments of about 136 of your INGO friends is that [STRIKE]they[/STRIKE] we mostly see this thing through the lens of personal responsibility, and free will. I think that a system like SS discourages personal responsibility. And we know that the government is not a fan of free will.

Sure we should take care of the infirm, and the aged but most of us here don't want the government to tell us how. I think that we should provide in person, through churches, and private organizations that we can personally vet. Any time we let the government take anything from us they view it as a way to bribe us with our own money, and expect us to thank them for it by voting in a way that keeps them in power.

As for me possibly falling victim to disability... well that is where survival of the fittest come in to play. If I'm not prepared, or if others will not or can not take care of me then the rest is in Gods hands. I would rather be a slave to fate than a slave to the government.:twocents:

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    do you have a plan in place to make sure this happens? does your family know to pull the plug on you if your $1000 short for that procedure that will save your life after being sick/injured to the point your in a coma and not able to make decisions for yourself?

crappy thing is most people in your boat are still gonna get the care...it's the folks who have insurance who pay for it.
    Exactly my point. And you would be surprised how quickly the rationale changes once you see everything crumbling before your eyes.

Most have strong principles right up to the point where they march you into the lions den.

Then everything has this strange way of morphing into a steak on the matrix.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

Or, they just negotiate a payment plan with the hospital. I've done that with 3 deliveries and 1 surgery.

Your narrative of letting people die when they're a dollar short sounds much more compelling though.

Major surgery is less expensive than a new car. It's just a matter of priorities.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Or, they just negotiate a payment plan with the hospital. I've done that with 3 deliveries and 1 surgery.

Your narrative of letting people die when they're a dollar short sounds much more compelling though.

Major surgery is less expensive than a new car. It's just a matter of priorities.

Absolutely agreed. Most do not have their priorities straight and are driving that new car.

Hopefully you negotiated out the 54% upcharge for Medicare, Medicaid and insurance bloat.

Still find it ridiculous that everything is jacked up 3x the cost or more to compensate for those that aren't as motivated or without coverage.

Not sure how I feel about paying @ $500 a month and people getting the same discount with no insurance? Somehow that expense has to be absorbed somewhere doesn't it? Well not absorbed but accrued somehow.

ATO and others.

Perhaps it seems I've been hasty in my absolute lack of faith in others. It seems I've forgotten that some of ingo is comprised of stout folks that wouldn't take advantage of any system and I find it refreshing to say the least.

Having grown up in Suburban Illinois and around a bunch of sissy commies I forgot there are people that walked uphill to school every day in ten foot snow drifts barefoot (and enjoyed it).

Salt of the earth guys, it makes me humble being among you and your kind. No purple here.

Enjoy your day.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    You have made many good debate worthy points.
    I don't want to stink up the woods so I'm planning to use an ice flow.

Having felt like crippled old Elmer for the last 5-7 years I have watched global warming with an alarming eye. I fear I will be stuck without an ice floe as the polar bears have been at an alarming rate.

I can still think, teach and pull a trigger in defense so thankfully the family hasn't been carving my canoe yet.

Save a seat for me on the last big floe you see heading out to the great beyond. Lol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Looking at my paychecks and seeing all the money I earned being spent on anyone else without my consent, no matter how deserving, grinds on me to no end. I would opt out, and plan for my future and that of my dependent family without losing several hundred thousand dollars in interest payments etc. I have no illusion of invincibility (came close to dying multiple times in my 19 years, several for stupid reasons like not paying attention to passing cars while I was pedaling around) and understand that I could very well be unable to work next year, or even next month. I also accept that fact, and nevertheless cannot condone evil for the sake of my own comfort and survival or that of my family.

All Social Security has done, in the end, is put our entire nation over a precipice and will (should our nation fall) result in more deaths by starvation, hunger, despair, and medical conditions that it has saved in its entire 80 some odd year history. It is a typical human response to create a short-term plan for a long-term problem and then refuse to deal with the consequences.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    541981_10151477777175471_435917560470_23644554_1226191232_n.jpg

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

because thats how it works for EVERYBODY....nobody has ever gone bankrupt for medical bills

Top Bottom