If you had this option would you take it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Opt in or out?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    because thats how it works for EVERYBODY....nobody has ever gone bankrupt for medical bills

Bankruptcy? Do you honestly think someone on the two pigs and some chickens payment plan to doc brown plan to ever dream about that yankee system for defaulting on bills? :rolleyes:

We were talking about children born during this decade in modern hospitals, right?

No fair if you are counting surgeries on mabel the prize heifer either.

All teasing aside stones of brass on anyone that can recover financially from any major surgery without major medical anded three pregnancies.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Of course without describing and teaching how it's done is just another tall fishing or hunting tale.

My major surgery at 21 was the cost of a new Lamborghini @$90k in 1990 ish. My wifes recent hysterectomy ran @ $75k so we are talking some really nice cars here.

Thank the maker for major medical insurance.

Many will find faults with me or my views but you cannot argue that I don't try my best to not color my situations to make me look like anything other than the flawed and struggling human I am.

Many here will talk about not being part of the systems while quietly accepting corn subsidies for their crops or many other less obvious forms of assistance. It's easy to throw a rock at anyone on the wix milk programs while you are a dairy farmer.

I've seen and heard the farmers plights over how hard it is while seeing them buy new $60k dually king cabs every year and passing the old ones down to the "farm" as a business expense.

If anyone has a plan to help teach us how to shovel 12# of cow pies into a 6# bag. By all means start schooling us please.

Having said this I know I've made some bad choices while doing and living so try to understand no situation is always identical.

So share your insights.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Of course without describing and teaching how it's done is just another tall fishing or hunting tale.

My major surgery at 21 was the cost of a new Lamborghini @$90k in 1990 ish. My wifes recent hysterectomy ran @ $75k so we are talking some really nice cars here.

Thank the maker for major medical insurance.

Many will find faults with me or my views but you cannot argue that I don't try my best to not color my situations to make me look like anything other than the flawed and struggling human I am.

Many here will talk about not being part of the systems while quietly accepting corn subsidies for their crops or many other less obvious forms of assistance. It's easy to throw a rock at anyone on the wix milk programs while you are a dairy farmer.

I've seen and heard the farmers plights over how hard it is while seeing them buy new $60k dually king cabs every year and passing the old ones down to the "farm" as a business expense.

If anyone has a plan to help teach us how to shovel 12# of cow pies into a 6# bag. By all means start schooling us please.

Having said this I know I've made some bad choices while doing and living so try to understand no situation is always identical.

So share your insights.

Though I certainly am no medical or insurance expert, it seems to me that medical expenses are much like college expenses: Horribly, Horribly over inflated by government money guarantees. If no one could afford the 90k procedure and the government wasn't there to pay for it, it would either not be performed or (more likely) have the price lowered so that a standard working fellow could afford it. Obviously you'd still have the "rich man's" super-duper-triple-everything care that costs a fortune but in general if we were all responsible for our own medical it would be cheaper. Would it also be less effective? That's hard to say: we have been on that particular kind of government support for almost a century during which time we have had access to unparalleled information gathering abilities, technology etc that have advanced medicine greatly.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Agree on most. However neurosurgery at UIC.
    A teaching hospital was still outrageous back then.

Major medical prices are outrageous thanks to Nixon and several other manipulating bass turds for their capitalism and "free market " hmo plans.

So yeah the fda and ama have a big ugly fist up our rears too.

Honestly dismantling this crazy beast is going to take real dedication.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Agree on most. However neurosurgery at UIC.
    A teaching hospital was still outrageous back then.

Major medical prices are outrageous thanks to Nixon and several other manipulating bass turds for their capitalism and "free market " hmo plans.

So yeah the fda and ama have a big ugly fist up our rears too.

Honestly dismantling this crazy beast is going to take real dedication.

Agreed. They laid their plans well: shutting down one part of the best kills other parts, which makes it near impossible to slowly shut it down without inadvertently destroying people's lives/livelihoods. Those people are/were the worst kind of snakes.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Here is a thought to curb the high cost of medical care.
    Dick:
    "The first thing we do is,we kill all the lawyers"

Cade:
    "Nay, that I mean to do"

Henry the sixth, Part 2 Act 4 scene 2 71-78

Bill Shakespeare is my homeboy. :rockwoot:

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    this lack of understanding how absolutely corrupted captains of industry were (read are)

Is why I am not as enamored with the capitalism and free market system as some are.

I believe whole heartedly that most corporations run become a victim to these lower life forms who will use any means to achieve power and wealth. Thereby losing any moral compass they may have ever had.

Undercover boss makes me ill when people making making those decisions shower the token good employees and really change nothing of what really is wrong. If your business is so messed up how do you intend to keep or even attract great employees.

Yes I believe a great employee can thrive anywhere but not getting beat down daily sure makes the concept much more enjoyable.

Top Bottom