• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The law abiding need a uniform. I'm thinking a big Commadore hat and epaulettes? Like Captain Crunch, but more tactical, perhaps coyote tan or flat earf brown?

Maybe Fenway could host a website where INGO members construct their own uniforms . . . like digital paper dolls?

Glock32j

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Danville IN
    I see alot of lawsuits in this scenerio. So IMPD is going to have a gun ban in downtown during the super bowl? What happens to LTCH holders that get wanded and are carrying?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Should be an interesting Saturday night since I'm having dinner downtown and will be carrying

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    So you understand?

...................................Also even if I know they are a cop, I dont immediately trust them. I have met a lot of worthless cops (was related to one too, he liked to beat women and kids). A lot of good cops too (some, that I have the privilege of calling my friends). so until I figure out which one they are, I will be on guard.

Well, sir. You've made it clear you understand exactly the situtation the police are in because they share your distrust of the unknown.

Isn't it odd how some people meet "a lot of worthless cops" and others seem to only meet the good ones. Luck of the draw I guess.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Well, sir. You've made it clear you understand exactly the situtation the police are in because they share your distrust of the unknown.

Isn't it odd how some people meet "a lot of worthless cops" and others seem to only meet the good ones. Luck of the draw I guess.

Cool deal. So that means we get to walk around and ask every cop to prove beyond just a uniform that he's a cop and not just posing? Boy, wouldn't that be inconvenient.

Upon his refusal to provide supporting evidence, we get to confiscate his weapon, take it apart, run his name and call the department. Give him his gun back and tell him not to reload it until we're out of sight?

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Cool deal. So that means we get to walk around and ask every cop to prove beyond just a uniform that he's a cop and not just posing? Boy, wouldn't that be inconvenient.

Upon his refusal to provide supporting evidence, we get to confiscate his weapon, take it apart, run his name and call the department. Give him his gun back and tell him not to reload it until we're out of sight?

You forgot the handcuff part... ;)

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Fixed it for you, it works both ways...

Bullseye!

I've said it before and I will say it again, until they start teaching them at the academy to think of themselves as peace officers instead of law enforcement ... they will approach every sitaution as us vs. them.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Its not their job to look at me and determin anything, unless I break the law in front of them. They are a reactionary force plain and simple.:twocents:

Precisely. There is no acceptable preemption by LE. "Because he looked guilty, Your Honor" isn't enough.

But what I'm reading is that you think said distrust is justification for preemptive action on the part of LE. Am I correct in that reading? If so, how do you reconcile the fact that said preemption is an automatic infringement of the rights of the law-abiding?

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    There was talk on the radio about another Gun Buy-back Program.

Can we as private citizen's set up a table outside this location to buy the "good" guns first???

I know these things rarely work, but there always a chance.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Arizona is getting b-slapped over so-called racial profiling illegal aliens, but profiling firearm owners is ok? Not too long ago Carmel got into hot water for their unwritten policy of stopping motorists for "driving while Black".

How is IMPD supposed to tell if someone is even carrying if the weapon is concealed? Does someone that has payed their second amendment tax look different than someone who is carrying a handgun and hasn't paid?

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    The law abiding need a uniform. I'm thinking a big Commadore hat and epaulettes? Like Captain Crunch, but more tactical, perhaps coyote tan or flat earf brown?
    Ever seen a NJ State Trooper in full dress uniform?

The scary part is: I can see this leading to charges of "impersonating a citizen"... Some of us have been accused of that before.

Whatever happened to "probable cause"? Thinking that someone who is OC'ing is doing it illegally is the same as thinking every driver in a car has no DL (as already stated). Now, it's a different thing if you are ever stopped for a "moving gun violation".

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Arizona is getting b-slapped over so-called racial profiling illegal aliens, but profiling firearm owners is ok? Not too long ago Carmel got into hot water for their unwritten policy of stopping motorists for "driving while Black".

How is IMPD supposed to tell if someone is even carrying if the weapon is concealed? Does someone that has payed their second amendment tax look different than someone who is carrying a handgun and hasn't paid?

The racial profiling card will be played long before any LTC problems arise.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon

:yesway::):

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Couple things...

Um...how do they know if you're a legal (and law-abiding) gun owner or not, unless the plan is to treat everybody like they are bad guys until they sort out the difference?

I hope my gun smells legal.
    I better start using Hoppes instead of Ballistol. 1946 says Ballistol stinks...I don't want that to be confused with "illegal".
    SNERK Wow what do I do? I have no sense of smell, I won't be able to tell in advance if I could be in trouble or not. Oh this could end bad for me.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Sounds like a PR move due to the recent shootings. The fact that so many police officers were standing around, and that their presence alone did not deter violence, scares people. When situations like that happen with so many officers present, people realize how little power police officers have to actually stop crime from happening.

Guess what people - the world can be a dangerous place. The police cannot prevent crime from being committed, even if they "holster sniff".

Hey, it makes stupid people feel "safer" though, right? The question is, how much safer does it truly make them? I would argue that giving people the false sense of security reduces their safety.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Unfortunately these things always come down treating everyone like a criminal until they prove they are not. Wonder why the public opinion of the police is so bad? If I haven't given you reason to think I am a threat to you, don't treat me as one. Protect and serve attitude would go alot further than what can I get this guy on. Alot of rights will be violated in this gun sniffing expedition.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom