If the republican primary were today, who would you vote for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If the republican primary were today, who gets your vote?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Look who's digging now....

I don't think it's a stretch by any means to say that Trumps message is very appealing to racists in this country. His core message has been to go after people in a racist manner. And certain types of people are lapping it up.

Wow, what a translation! And here I thought his message was one has no country with blatantly porous borders.

So aversion to chaos and promoting survival of the society is now racists?

You never fail to repeatedly amaze me with this disjointed crap.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And yet, Ron Paul's did. Guess you have to be more mainstream and have a more polarizing message.

WTF does Ron Paul have to do with this discussion. Did Ron Paul associate or consult with the klan? Well, Trump didn't either. As far as we know.

Look who's digging now....

I don't think it's a stretch by any means to say that Trumps message is very appealing to racists in this country. His core message has been to go after people in a racist manner. And certain types of people are lapping it up.

Ah jeez. Let it be known I'm not defending Trump, I'm just trying to defend reality.

Trump says that he likes Mexicans and dislikes illegal migrants. He says he wants to deport the illegal ones and not the legal ones. He says he wants a big, "beautiful [****ing] door" on his big ****ing fence, to let in Mexicans who want to immigrate legally.

The klan hates immigrants legal or not, and wants them all deported. Particularly the ones who look like Mexicans. It does not surprise me that the Klan would support Trump more than they would support candidates who don't use the strong language about it that Trump does.

Having one of many positions that overlap on the Venn diagram does not equal "kept company". When Trump is caught having friendly conversations with known klansmen, please do post that. That actually would say something about Trump's character.

But trying to imply that this means trump keeps company with the klan, thus suggesting he is as racist as the klan, is at the very least intellectually dishonest. There are more honest things to insult Trump supporters with than this. I assume that was the purpose.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wow, what a translation! And here I thought his message was one has no country with blatantly porous borders.

Everyone but the liberals are racists, don't you know that yet? ;)

rac·ist
    ˈrāsəst/
    adjective

a liberal slang word for "I'm not getting my way."

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012

You'll have to forgive Anarchist Butters. His mommy sent him to bed last night without any dessert. And he gets cranky without his pudding cups.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Immigration is THE issue. <snip> If illegal immigration is not fixed we will be outnumbered by the entitlement crowd. With that comes adoption of ALL of their liberal beliefs.

^^^THIS IS THE HEART OF THE MATTER^^^ We're all going to be in very deep doodoo if we don't get illegal immigration stopped soon.

His core message has been to go after people in a racist manner.

I didn't know illegals were a race...I thought they could be from any country and be any ethnicity.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Where's Santorum and Graham in this poll?

You know, I must be a true INGO'er, because it no longer surprises me to see how people rally around the populist message. In one thread you vilify "them" for embracing the left's populist message of free college and expanded welfare and then in the other thread you champion Trump's crazed populist flag-waving.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The why did he single out Hispanics when he started his nonsense? He didn't mention the Irish or anyone else. He stuck with the Mexican narrative.
    Because the "Mexicans" are this era's scapegoat. Just like the Irish, Italians, Chinese, Cubans, Jews, etc... have been for past eras. Because the largest influx of illegal entry is via our border with Mexico right now. Because most Americans carry that bias, and if you want their attention, you will play off of it.

And no one cares about the illegal Canuckians.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The why did he single out Hispanics when he started his nonsense? He didn't mention the Irish or anyone else. He stuck with the Mexican narrative.

Nonsense? No. First, "Hispanic" is not a race. It's more like a culture. Second, 62% of illegal immigrants come from Mexico, 5% from El Salvador, 5% Guatemala, 3% Honduras. Those are the top 4 which are all Hispanic countries. Irish don't even make the Pereto chart. I suppose they, along with illegal Canadians are all lumped up into "Other": tens of thousands vs millions.

So what Trump saying about that is true enough. The lion's share of illegal immigrants come from Hispanic nations. Smoke and mirrors from progressives turn that into racism, which you seem to embrace.

Where I disagree with Trump is the true depth of his conviction. I think he knows what to say to keep him in the news and his competitors out of the news. And he knows what resonates with enough people to keep him on top of a crowded field.

You like to argue that those sound bites are racist, and if you truly believe that you're being oversensitive. Telling it like it is, even if it identifies a particular group, is not racist.

See MRJ? Jetta gets it. Trump knows which buttons to press. It's not about race, it's about Apple Pie 'n Bible's and stuff, and not being politically correct about it. Trump could probably get away with about anything as long as he keeps the flag a wavin'. So you can drop the progressive fed racist crap. That ain't it.

Where's Santorum and Graham in this poll?

You know, I must be a true INGO'er, because it no longer surprises me to see how people rally around the populist message. In one thread you vilify "them" for embracing the left's populist message of free college and expanded welfare and then in the other thread you champion Trump's crazed populist flag-waving.

I'm okay with Santorum and Graham not in this poll. Santorum is way too Evangelical, and Graham is way too GWB.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

Does America have a problem with folks sneaking through Canada to get here ? I'm sure it happens but not to problematic numbers .

Why Hispanics ? Because they make up the majority of illegals , pretty simple .

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't care for them either, but they should probably be included as they are running.

Looks like it's a top 10 list. There may not be enough poll options to get to the bottom dwellers. But I would support creating a new poll and maybe exchanging Jeb Bush for deez nuts. I hear he's doing better than some other Republicans in the race.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump on the issues

6QYnrxw.jpg

Top Bottom